Frank Clark returns to Seahawks

hangumhi

Reaction score
He's certainly a better run defender than Taylor is, and he has a tendency to make big plays in big moments. It makes sense.
Agree. Taylor is terrible at making reads and adjusting. Taylor has no ability to contain and plays DE worse than I've seen from just about any starter in the league. He has one move which is rush the edge without looking inside at all.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Agree. Taylor is terrible at making reads and adjusting. Taylor has no ability to contain and plays DE worse than I've seen from just about any starter in the league. He has one move which is rush the edge without looking inside at all.
And that's the reason that he runs himself out of plays. It's so frustrating to watch.

bileever

Reaction score
This had to be done. Frank Clark is the best available edge rusher out there, and doesn't require having to trade anyone. I bet the 49ers wish they would have waited instead of trading for Randy Gregory. Hopefully Derick Hall can step up, too, but we definitely needed someone to replace Nwosu, and standing pat would have made us considerably weaker defensively.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I like it. I think the team could use a little attitude and Clark will be motivated to play well.

Jville

Reaction score

His trade provided a 1st round pick in 2019 and a second rounder in 2020 from KC.

Now, he returns to the nest.

Good job Frank!

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
WHAT?!?

Wow, this is seriously a shocker to me. I FULLY expected him to sign back with Kansas City after taking a physical with them recently...AND it didn't cost us any picks, probably playing at vet minimum which makes this a win-win-win!!!

Hopefully he brings the fire and juice for us!!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
WHAT?!?

Wow, this is seriously a shocker to me. I FULLY expected him to sign back with Kansas City after taking a physical with them recently...AND it didn't cost us any picks, probably playing at vet minimum which makes this a win-win-win!!!

Hopefully he brings the fire and juice for us!!!

It was just odd that he took the physical and was not signed. I could understand waiting until after the game Sunday to get the roster turnover on Monday, but it's Wednesday and now he's a Seahawk. I just wonder if they planned to sign him after the physical but he heard from us after Nwosu was hurt, of if they saw something in the physical that they didn't like?

I know that according to the tweet we are giving him a physical before signing, so I guess we'll know soon if something comes up there.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I'm intrigued, cautiously optimistic. At least he's a known commodity versus some bum who hasn't played ball in months that got released in some team's cutdown to 53.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone have legit confidence in Taylor? I sure don't. Shows up about half the time, if that. If Clark still has something in the tank? Shoot, why not?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone have legit confidence in Taylor? I sure don't. Shows up about half the time, if that. If Clark still has something in the tank? Shoot, why not?
I got absolutely crucified on here for questioning Taylor's motivation this off season. Interesting.

And I completely agree.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The best part of this is (assuming the contract is low end) we really have little to no risk. we sign him and he helps us or we cut him again. Personally I believe he just needs to get himself motivated again, and if there's one thing Pete can do it is motivate players. Time will tell, but I don't really see a downside to this after Nwosu's injury.

bileever

Reaction score
He wasn't as good with the Chiefs as he was with the Seahawks. Last year, he had 5 sacks, 10 hurries, 24 pressures, 8 QBKDs, 39 tackles and 8 TFLs. Very similar numbers to Taylor, but we know Clark is capable of better.

I also hope Clark plays well enough to have this come to bite the Broncos in the ass. They signed him to a $5.45 million one year contract, with $4.24 million as a signing bonus, so they released him after paying him most of the contract and getting two games out of him.

rcaido

Reaction score
The best part of this is (assuming the contract is low end) we really have little to no risk. we sign him and he helps us or we cut him again. Personally I believe he just needs to get himself motivated again, and if there's one thing Pete can do it is motivate players. Time will tell, but I don't really see a downside to this after Nwosu's injury.

Downside is less reps for the younger players. The team is gelling, trying to force a new player in can disrupt it. Still its a low risk high reward. Clark was a monster here.

kidhawk

Reaction score
He wasn't as good with the Chiefs as he was with the Seahawks. Last year, he had 5 sacks, 10 hurries, 24 pressures, 8 QBKDs, 39 tackles and 8 TFLs. Very similar numbers to Taylor, but we know Clark is capable of better.

I also hope Clark plays well enough to have this come to bite the Broncos in the ass. They signed him to a $5.45 million one year contract, with $4.24 million as a signing bonus, so they released him after paying him most of the contract and getting two games out of him.

They did get a bit of that money back from Frank as a concession for releasing him right away, but yeah, he basically got the Broncos to pay him for nothing this year. Hopefully Pete can help him to make the most of this opportunity (assuming he passes the physical).

kidhawk

Reaction score
Downside is less reps for the younger players. The team is gelling, trying to force a new player in can disrupt it. Still its a low risk high reward. Clark was a monster here.
It's not really less reps though. Nwosu was getting 2/3 of the snaps at his position this year. We are going to continue to use a rotation of players there, and there's absolutely NO WAY Frank is getting 2/3 of the snaps, so the young players will still be increasing their snap counts without having to rely on them for more than they are ready for.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
It was just odd that he took the physical and was not signed. I could understand waiting until after the game Sunday to get the roster turnover on Monday, but it's Wednesday and now he's a Seahawk. I just wonder if they planned to sign him after the physical but he heard from us after Nwosu was hurt, of if they saw something in the physical that they didn't like?

I know that according to the tweet we are giving him a physical before signing, so I guess we'll know soon if something comes up there.
Oh I definitely agree that it is a little odd how things worked out and I'm very curious to know what happened also. I had found out that Clark had discussions with Chris Jones about coming back to Seattle last night, source below

Been reading around twitter that Frank Clark's snaps would've been very limited based on rookies and other players having more snaps over him. Maybe it was a decision to get more reps/playing time and bounce back so he could have a killer deal this next off-season. Makes sense, considering he'll be right next to Reed again

Latest posts