Forget This Game

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I dont anything is to gain from it with over analysis. Sub-Zero, more or less, won and loss this game for both sides.

Another new season starts for the Seahawks, next week.

On to Carolina!!!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seahawks win a road playoff game and get to play another week?

I'm down.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Absolutely agreed. Fluky subzero game leads to fluky subzero win for either team. I will take it without question and trust they will play much better next week, from coaches down to ST.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Nothing to take away from this game in conditions like these. Pure survival mode.

Just needed another shot to play a real game. They got it.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":6zzf2ug6 said:
I dont anything is to gain from it with over analysis. Sub-Zero, more or less, won and loss this game for both sides.

Another new season starts for the Seahawks, next week.

On to Carolina!!!

Exactly. nothing to be gleaned from this game.

In those conditions, just win any way possible.

kearly

Reaction score
I'll remember this game the next time Seattle is playing in sub-zero temps. Which might be in two weeks.

Optimus25

Reaction score
kearly":3rz54a00 said:
I'll remember this game the next time Seattle is playing in sub-zero temps. Which might be in two weeks.

In the ice bowl game vs the kap niners, rodgers didn't do much. 177 yds, 1 td, 52 rating.

Let's do it.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Crizilla":26mn76qz said:
How cold would it be if we were to go to GB for the title?

You're trying to predict a temperature two weeks from now, anywhere?

The best answer is between -27F and +48F, since that is the combined extreme low and high records for January 23rd/January 24th. The average high for that day is +24F.

12thbrah

Reaction score
This was a trap game and we survived. The Hawks will be underdogs the rest of the way with no pressure. I love our chances in Carolina next week

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
How could we forget a game with an Impossible and fantastic ending? Did we forget the onside kick against GB? Richard Sherman's tip to a pass to Crabtree? All of these thrilling endings we will remembered for a long long time.

irocdave

Reaction score
To some of the previous posters, "Temperature doesn't matter, hawks offense is gonna score 1000 no matter what or where they gonna play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yea, those guys, you know who you are, need to get a reality check. Yes, this was a reality check for some. Hawks lucked out and won because the other team failed at the most basic play.

Now, on to Carolina. If anyone has paid attention, the hawks have won several CLOSE games down there. It took great plays by individual players to win those games, none were blowouts. Hope our fan base remembers exactly what happened and doesn't go stupid again and embarrass the other respectful hawk fans with belligerent homersism / name calling etc.

The weather will be much warmer, no matter what Lynch says, he shouldn't get the majority of the reps. I see the same grind it out low scoring game as all of the other games between the hawks and panthers in their house over the last 4 years.

Hawks will win this game next Sunday, but it wont be pretty, RW will not be the deciding factor and it will with in a couple points at the end.

Daytomann

Reaction score
I agree this was a turd of a game. I'm all for playing in the elements but these types of games are crap.

In the end though...the teams gotta play and execute as best as possible. Honestly, considering the pathetic last few possessions the Hawks had and the last drive they gave up, the Hawks would have much deserved the loss and the Queens would have much deserved the win. But a stroke of luck went to the Hawks and screwed the Queens.

Let's hope the rest of the path is more conducive to playing good football. I'm excited!!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
irocdave":nfg0behm said:
Temperature doesn't matter, hawks offense is gonna score 1000 no matter what or where they gonna play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, those guys, you know who you are, need to get a reality check. Yes, this was a reality check for some. Hawks lucked out and won because the other team failed at the most basic play.

Now, on to Carolina. If anyone has paid attention, the hawks have won several CLOSE games down there. It took great plays by individual players to win those games, none were blowouts. Hope our fan base remembers exactly what happened and doesn't go stupid again and embarrass the other respectful hawk fans with belligerent homersism / name calling etc.

The weather will be much warmer, no matter what Lynch says, he shouldn't get the majority of the reps. I see the same grind it out low scoring game as all of the other games between the hawks and panthers in their house over the last 4 years.

Haha! I agree!

I felt the game would have been close, even if the weather was warm. Minn is a very-well-coached team, that had some really-good players out when we played them in regular season. What really made be laugh is how some of the mega homers here started such thread topics as 'we're gonna blow 'em out again!' A 'blowout' in sub-zero-wind-chill temps? You've go to be kidding me!

We have a Pat's fan at work, who also told me the 'Hawks would blow the Vikings out. That filled me with dread, because this guy is almost always dead wrong when he makes predictions of that nature. He was probably unaware he had cursed us, and it almost worked :mrgreen:

One thing for sure. I REALLY glad their new stadium will be finished for next season, because we ARE in the NFC and I have a feeling that Minn. will be a force for some time. I would hate for them to turn the elements into an advantage, as the Vikings of old did. They damn near pulled that very thing off today. Bud grant's ass needs to stay next to one of those lakes with a rod-n-reel. Keep him as far away from the team as possible. No doubt the consulting with him helped them tons. Love how he told the media there's nothing much you do differently, yet he spent A LOT of time with the team this week. Because of that factor alone, I feel this W was quite an accomplishment, lucky at the end or not.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure I want anyone on this offensive staff forgetting that they almost blew this game for us, and that if we don't have one of the best Defenses in the league - we lose this.

They need to be cognizant that asking your defense to hold 3-5 times for each score by your offense is not going to be a winning gameplan as we advance in the playoffs. And expecting your 3rd string RB to break out against tougher and tougher defenses is not reasonable either.

The OC completely mailed this one in today, hell he might even have left for the day with 5 min to go in the 4th.

The offensive staff almost blew this. They need to know that kind of crap performance almost always results in a loss and they were bailed out by another team failing, not by their doing anything to contribute to the team's success today.