Football Outsiders (DVOA) Article On Seahawks

SeaWolv

Reaction score
A nice paywall article on the Seahawks now joining the top 6 teams in DVOA and some of the stats that got them there.

A couple of metrics I wasn't aware of:

Worth noting for the Seahawks passing game: Pro Football Reference charges the Seahawks with just 17 “bad throws” and a bad throw percentage of 7.0%, both figures the best in the NFL. Smith himself leads the NFL with a bad throw percentage of 6.6%; I would be derelict in my duties if I did not point out that Carson Wentz leads the NFL at 21.2%. Tyler Lockett’s dropped would-be touchdown pass against the Giants notwithstanding, Seahawks receivers have been charged with just seven dropped passes, the fourth-lowest total in the NFL.

DVOA Article: Seahawks #6 in DVOA Ranking

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
That's efficient passing! Lockett is known for his sure hands. What was the statistic--this was Lockett's first dropped pass in something like 18 games?

Geno's on-target passing is not just good, it's phenomenal. If this kind of accuracy continues, and the game-plan and play-calls continue to be the right ones for the moment (what the defense is giving), this team could end up with great offensive numbers at the end of the year.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I'll just assume that other 0.4% was that unfathomable DJ Dallas pass in the SF game.