Final Pete Carroll Show ... Unfiltered

seabowl

Reaction score
Very interesting how when they asked him about XLIX he said that the public still doesn’t know really what happened at the end and he was just trying to protect the people that he loves us to why he has not opened up about it. if I had to guess, he’s alluding to protecting Darrell Bevell or RW making the call.

Ozzy

Reaction score
One point he brought up that was cool was how valuable Wilson’s legs were to the running game and the defense which those guys never take into consideration as well as the Wilson haters. All of it fit together perfectly when it was working. The run game, defense and Russ all made each other better than they would’ve been in isolation. It was magical and they probably should’ve won multiple SBs

CouchLogic

Reaction score
One point he brought up that was cool was how valuable Wilson’s legs were to the running game and the defense which those guys never take into consideration as well as the Wilson haters. All of it fit together perfectly when it was working. The run game, defense and Russ all made each other better than they would’ve been in isolation. It was magical and they probably should’ve won multiple SBs
Yeah, but Russ's big ass head and fragile pysche tore it all down. Had to pick a side LOB or Franchise QB, QB gets chosen every time. Can't blame him for that one though (I would have went with LOB/Beast).

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Yeah, but Russ's big ass head and fragile pysche tore it all down. Had to pick a side LOB or Franchise QB, QB gets chosen every time. Can't blame him for that one though (I would have went with LOB/Beast).
Yeah. When the thought of a football franchise is 10/10 times, you NEED a QB, anything you have to choose from when it’s either that or the QB, the QB, usually wins 9/10 times…

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Very interesting how when they asked him about XLIX he said that the public still doesn’t know really what happened at the end and he was just trying to protect the people that he loves us to why he has not opened up about it. if I had to guess, he’s alluding to protecting Darrell Bevell or RW making the call.

Yeah if I had to choose which one, I'd say it's Russ he's protecting.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Yeah if I had to choose which one, I'd say it's Russ he's protecting.
Russ doesn't need any protecting other than for the execution. Everyone knows who made that play call and bad personnel grouping (putting Lockette in that position, instead of other players like Matthews who had a terrific game to that point and was a bigger WR), it's the dude that threw Lockette under the bus. https://www.nj.com/super-bowl/2015/..._under_the_bus_on_key_russell_wilson_int.html

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score