Falcon Fan: Great Season Seahawks!

Exar0s

Reaction score
Just a little about myself. I'm a 30 YOM, married, kids, career and a life long passion for Falcons Football. I'm not here to smack talk or start any negative topics. I rarely visit other Football forums outside the Falcons forum. You ladies and gentlemen are a different kind of "fan" from the ones I have grown use to. I truly admire your organization, coaching staff, players and fans. Being a life long Falcon fan you ladies and gentlemen share my pain since neither organization has yet to raise the Lombardi.

That being said I know both our fans and players are hungry for this one. We have failed horribly in the Post Season during the Mike Smith era. This is a different team though. New coordinators, players, schemes and overall our players are playing with a different attitude. Matt, Julio, Roddy and Tony G have all upped their game from past seasons. The added elements of Harry and Jacquizz have helped Matt develop even further (especially adding in the screen game). The Defense is playing faster and more physical than I have seen in a long time. Nolan has truly changed the attitude of this Defense. I also give credit to Asante Samuel, he has been one of the best signings we had in years. Plus he came cheap (Thanks Andy!). We, the fans and organization need this win in a bad way.

I won't lie, I hoped Washington put you away in the first round. We played RG3 earlier this year and the score doesn't show the whole story. We owned that game but left SO many points on the field. Seattle is a fast and very physical group. Lynch gives me nightmares. He really reminds me of J. Anderson during our 98 Super Bowl run. A pure punishing beast of a running back. Wilson has played great and I look forward to watching his career. I'm very curious to see how he performs during this game. Atlanta is a completely different beast from Washington. One match up I can't wait to see is our WR's against your secondary. Both are so big and physical, it really is hard to predict how this will turn out.

I'm wishing for an injury free hard fought game from both teams. Naturally I hope Seattle has to head back home and start planning for the next season though! You should all be excited, your team looks like it will be a competitive team for many years to come. Good luck and be safe Sunday! I will be cheering hard (and slightly intoxicated) so don't be offended if you are at the game. I do enjoy a little junk talk at the games!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Thanks, welcome to .net, and classy post !

I also hope we have an injury free game on both sides. You guys are a solid team and it's going to be a tough game. One thing I hope, if we do beat you, I hope we don't hear a bunch of crap about Mike Smith being on the hot seat. He's a great coach and has you guys in it every year.

I never had problem with Atlanta; one of the teams I'd root for if I didn't have a dog in the fight. Even when you guys beat us recently, I wasn't bitter; you were the best team and showed class in victory. Good Luck !

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the post! Welcome to our home!

We are sort of kindred spirits...No venom from us...Like you, we just want the win to move one game closer to the Big Show.

Good luck next season! (You didn't really expect me to wish you good luck this Sunday did you?) ;)

OP
OP
E

Exar0s

Reaction score
Hawks46":2vad9kk6 said:
Thanks, welcome to .net, and classy post !

I also hope we have an injury free game on both sides. You guys are a solid team and it's going to be a tough game. One thing I hope, if we do beat you, I hope we don't hear a bunch of crap about Mike Smith being on the hot seat. He's a great coach and has you guys in it every year.

I never had problem with Atlanta; one of the teams I'd root for if I didn't have a dog in the fight. Even when you guys beat us recently, I wasn't bitter; you were the best team and showed class in victory. Good Luck !

Thanks! Mike Smith is a very good coach and it would be unfortunate if his Playoff failures cost him his job. Arthur Blank has been a blessing for us Falcon fans and I doubt he would consider firing Mike just yet. Prior to Mike Smith taking over we never had back to back winning seasons. Now we are on 5 strait winning season and 4 playoff appearances. Amazing considering the mess he walked into when he took the job. Vick and Petrino left the franchise in a complete mess/joke.

I would also root for Seattle should we lose Sunday. I can't stand the 49'ers from the days of them bashing our face in every year when they were in our division. Plus I can't stand Green Bay since they smoked us like we were some top shelf herb on the way to their Super Bowl victory.

Decimation

Reaction score
Thanks, welcome to .net and enjoy your stay! We're all looking forward to Sunday, so here's to hoping for a hell of a game with minimum injuries on both teams.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I remember seeing a game early this season, where Atlanta was behind and Mike Smith kind of asked the owner if he can call a play and the owner just looked at him with the impression that you are the coach, its your call. However Atlanta won that game with some deep passes after starting from the goal line, don't remember which game it was. I think he is under tremendous pressure to win this one, I personally think the Atlanta owner is a great one, but the way the coach was checking with the owner seemed like he was coaching scared. I think next Sunday, it's going to be tough for both teams for sure. 10 am start, explosive offense and east coast game and going back to back to the road all stacks up against the Seahawks, the physicality and the mental strength will favor the Seahawks, at the end I think it will be a tough game but one of the teams that win will take it all the way to the Superbowl.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Classy fan you are...thanks for the post.

I've always liked the Falcons. Jamaal Anderson, Vick, Gonzales, White...your team even gave me my first Fantasy Football Championship. I went with Roddy White in Round 2 and Matt Ryan in Round 3. So I've followed your team a little more closely this season. Falcons have the scariest 1-2 punch in the league IMO, with Jones and White. I would hope that our secondary is up to the task, but I already knew they'll be ready. Sunday can't come soon enough!

OP
OP
E

Exar0s

Reaction score
seahawks08":36kyp3ne said:
I remember seeing a game early this season, where Atlanta was behind and Mike Smith kind of asked the owner if he can call a play and the owner just looked at him with the impression that you are the coach, its your call. However Atlanta won that game with some deep passes after starting from the goal line, don't remember which game it was. I think he is under tremendous pressure to win this one, I personally think the Atlanta owner is a great one, but the way the coach was checking with the owner seemed like he was coaching scared. I think next Sunday, it's going to be tough for both teams for sure. 10 am start, explosive offense and east coast game and going back to back to the road all stacks up against the Seahawks, the physicality and the mental strength will favor the Seahawks, at the end I think it will be a tough game but one of the teams that win will take it all the way to the Superbowl.

Well one thing is for sure (and I hope it doesn't happen!). If the Seahawks do win Sunday then you guys can go ahead and book your Super Bowl tickets. The last 3 teams to beat us in the Playoffs (Arizona, GB, NY) all went to the Super Bowl. I'm hoping this little trend reverses this year for us. I expect the winner of this game will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

That was the Panthers game BTW. I also remember that moment. Luckily for us Matt hit Roddy on a 60 yard bomb that put us in position for the game winning kick. This was from the 1 yard line with no timeouts and something like 58 seconds left in the game. You can only imagine how high my blood pressure got that game.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Can't wait to see how our Linebackers do against Gonz/Quiz. Those two are capable of putting this game away if given the chance.

Sunday can't come soon enough.

Stay classy.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Welcome. I always enjoy enemy fans that come through without the attitude that our our team is going to fail in every aspect of the game while their team is going to succeed.

One guy that got under my skin last week pretty much announced his arrival with the summary, "if we can run the ball, stop your running attack, protect the football and force you guys into turn overs, then it will be a long day." Yeah and if Pigs learn to fly the world will have to invent brand new umbrellas.

Anyway, football games rarely go perfectly for either side. I expect a good game. I am concerned about the early start. We seem to spot the Home team a nice lead before we wake up in games like this. I don't think we can afford to do that with you guys.

I'm currently going through your guys' season with Game Review. Pretty interesting stuff.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
I'm so torn for this game. Of course as a Seahawk fan, I'm cheering for the seahawks, but I love me some Jaquizz!

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Another welcome from me, always nice to have intelligent discussion !!!

I echo all of the above, looking forward to a good game :D

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Welcome to the boards. Nice to get some actual clear-headed perspective from opposing fans.

Exar0s":2nfh3r3o said:
That being said I know both our fans and players are hungry for this one. We have failed horribly in the Post Season during the Mike Smith era. This is a different team though. New coordinators, players, schemes and overall our players are playing with a different attitude. Matt, Julio, Roddy and Tony G have all upped their game from past seasons. The added elements of Harry and Jacquizz have helped Matt develop even further (especially adding in the screen game). The Defense is playing faster and more physical than I have seen in a long time. Nolan has truly changed the attitude of this Defense. I also give credit to Asante Samuel, he has been one of the best signings we had in years. Plus he came cheap (Thanks Andy!). We, the fans and organization need this win in a bad way.

Wait... correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears you said, "We've upped our game; up yours!" :mrgreen:

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
With me living in Georgia, I can't help but somewhat be a fan of the Falcons. If we were to lose (which I hope we don't), I would as well root for the Falcons. I would love to see the home team hoist the trophy, but just not this year. This is the year where the Seahawks earn their respect and start a dynasty for years to come!

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Wilson came as a shock to me. I didn't agree with the decision to start a rookie over your free agent acquisition. Turns out I was wrong.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":uhwxpesf said:
Wilson came as a shock to me. I didn't agree with the decision to start a rookie over your free agent acquisition. Turns out I was wrong.

believe me, a lot of us here felt that way too.... don't let anyone here tell ya different.. I wasn't one of them (quickly deletes any Flynn posts)

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":11mmzhvd said:
Dirty Bird":11mmzhvd said:

believe me, a lot of us here felt that way too.... don't let anyone here tell ya different.. I wasn't one of them (quickly deletes any Flynn posts)
:)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You Falcon fans are so much better than the Redskin/Niner fans we had 2 of the last 3 weeks.

googoodan

Reaction score
OP didn't you learn not to use the same username on different forums after trolling the Panthers' forum?

I just wanted to chime in and say I'm really looking forward to this game and I'm pulling for the Hawks. But Atlanta likes to play close and pull it out in the strangest ways.

rideaducati

Reaction score
googoodan":cgh3umk1 said:
OP didn't you learn not to use the same username on different forums after trolling the Panthers' forum?

I just wanted to chime in and say I'm really looking forward to this game and I'm pulling for the Hawks. But Atlanta likes to play close and pull it out in the strangest ways.

The Falcons won't have that opportunity this week.