Excited for Our Boys, Kinda Over the Hate

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1mb4v3y7 said:
The 2 best teams in the NFC made it to the NFC CG.

This is the best scenario.

Go Seahawks

This is probably a big reason why most of the hatred is taking a back seat at this point. Both teams made it to the NFCC game and it's no fluke how they got there. At some point you just gotta recognize that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hate the Niners more than any team, in any sport. But this is exactly the way it should be, two best teams playing for the NFC Title. And yes, the Niners are damn good. It is what it is.

Hawks 19-16

OP
OP
HawkAroundTheClock

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm so glad this sentiment was taken in the spirit of mutual respect and reverence for the task at hand. The sincerity and positivity from fans on both sides is encouraging and uplifting.

That vibe was echoed by players and coaches in yesterday's press conferences. The two best teams are squaring off for the NFC title; it's time for everyone to take care of their own business.

Gameday will open the floodgates on an entire season's build-up of expectations. It's going to unleash a new level of craziness, so a little sanity on the way there puts the focus on our teams' accomplishments and hard work.

I'm so inspired by my Seahawks and my fellow 12's. I'm getting more involved, enthralled, psyched, and hyped every day! Here's to enjoying the ride!
:229031_cheers:

hawkfannj

Reaction score
NinerBuff":375thcs9 said:
hawkfannj":375thcs9 said:
I'm on board with this time to let it go . Done with the hate .

First off, that salutation gif with the changing logo is really cool... nice job with that.

I find it funny that all season the Niners have been ENEMY #1 on this forum and now that the biggest game ever between these two, you guys are letting up. Not that I don't agree either, just interesting.

The hate was consuming me . After I flipped my s@&t just after the Green Bay game I knew I had gone to a unhealthy level . Jezzz we weren't even playing and I went off . Just can't carry that around anymore . It's more for my Heath and mind more than anything.
And I can't take the credit for the gif I had help from a few here on . Net

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Typical Seattle. It's three days before one of the most intense rivalry games the NFL has had in recent years comes to your doorstep, and NOW you decide "lets all be friends"

Before I say anything else, as far as the comment section trolls, YES that gets old. That's obvious.

Other than that... Knuckle up! You know exactly how much a Superbowl would mean to Seattle. This 49ers team, with its fans supporting them are going to march into town and try as hard as they can for 60 minutes to take that from the players, the fans, the city. If they pull it off they will piss in our wheaties on the way out with a smile on their face and feel great about it.

Lets leave the word hate out of it, can we? But as far as SPORTS DISLIKE goes:

THIS IS AS INTENSE AS IT GETS. PERIOD.

Can we stop pretending this isn't the case, please?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":1cj19dwl said:
Typical Seattle. It's three days before one of the most intense rivalry games the NFL has had in recent years comes to your doorstep, and NOW you decide "lets all be friends"

Before I say anything else, as far as the comment section trolls, YES that gets old. That's obvious.

Other than that... Knuckle up! You know exactly how much a Superbowl would mean to Seattle. This 49ers team, with its fans supporting them are going to march into town and try as hard as they can for 60 minutes to take that from the players, the fans, the city. If they pull it off they will piss in our wheaties on the way out with a smile on their face and feel great about it.

No one is pretending anything. What you're seeing is a mutual respect from both fanbases. This is the moment we've cheered our heads off all season for. If you think anyone is going to bring anything less than the best #12 they can be on Sunday because of this newfound respect-you're very wrong.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2gtqr1ih said:
CaptainSkybeard":2gtqr1ih said:

No one is pretending anything. What you're seeing is a mutual respect from both fanbases. This is the moment we've cheered our heads off all season for. If you think anyone is going to bring anything less than the best #12 they can be on Sunday because of this newfound respect-you're very wrong.

I have no doubt that "it" will be brought, and brought with a vengeance on Sunday. I just don't get the koombaya session.

I don't think that the stuff we have heard from the two coaches is anything more than them being politically correct and not giving the other team locker room material. I also suspect both coaches have told their players not to provide locker room material (Sherman didn't listen, but of course).

The fundraiser thing for the sick kids is genuinely cool, if that's what you are referring to.

For the most part I haven't seen much incoming respect from the 9er fans as a whole. We have a couple great ones on this board. When you sift away the piles of turds long enough a few specks of gold shine through and that's how they came about. Kudos to them.

Reports from San Francisco include people being denied services for wearing hawks gear. Online, anywhere you go outside of the protected walls of this forum the "quest for six-ers" are in full flame mode.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Great therapy thread and I could achieve ultimate closure by "unliking" the various 'Hawks/'Niners & NFC West FB pages AND stop lurking at the disgusting Webzone, but there's a sickness that draws me there - I guess because I can lurk without having to sign up, but I usually end up agitated if not downright infuriated.
Regarding Sunday, I was SO bummed last year when we choked away the win @ ATL because we were cheated out of seeing an epic battle for the NFC crown against our arch rivals. But here we are, one year later and it's happening in OUR house! This won't be like the '91 Huskies/Hurricanes where we will never know who would have won...we will find out in < 60 hours. I'm throwing regular season games out of course. THIS is the one that matters. One team looks forward to the SB while the other looks forward to the Draft.

NFC West is beast and I expect at least one, if not both, team(s) in the NFCCG to be from this division for at least the next 5 years. Hopefully we will be able to manage the salary cap in such a way that allows us to remain one of those teams. Tough choices loom for Seattle and SF there in the next 2-3 years.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I hate the 49ers, but I am tired of reading their fans bombing Seahawk articles and threads on the Internet. What makes it so tired is the lack of originality. The same four or five lines are stated, and most of them are just nonsense.

When I get to the bridge I ignore that dumb troll talking stupid, and keep on walking.

OP
OP
HawkAroundTheClock

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":2b7xtw1f said:
they will piss in our wheaties on the way out with a smile on their face and feel great about it.

Kind of like your post did to this thread?

I don't see the benefit of sitting in my Seahawks-themed living room thinking or typing about how much I hate the 9ers. I certainly don't see how that would be "knuckling up." It won't help my favorite team, it's unnecessarily negative, and it's tedious. Boring even. If other fans feel the same way, great, then we have that in common. Recognizing that does not dismiss the rivalry.

When I look back on this season years from now, I don't want my memories to be of finger-pointing, douchebag-taunting, name-calling threads. I want to remember absorbing every bit of Seahawks awesomeness I can find, like this write-up on Marshawn and the Derrick Coleman press conference. I dislike our opponent as much as ever, but I don't need to go on about it or make it the focus of my energy in order to make this experience intense.

Everything's on the line. It's win or go home. We all know it's at maximum intensity. Rolling my eyes at every Papaki quote and coming up with more clever, derogatory twists on the name "Harbaugh" is not going to make this championship week more intense, or more real, or more spirited than it already is. If that kind of stuff fires you up, go for it. Nobody is stopping you.

Like I said at the beginning, for me it's Seahawks inspiration versus 9er irritation. Right now the inspiration is Mount Rainier; the irritation is a little rain cloud behind the mountain. I could go there and jump in the puddles under the storm, but I'd have to go all the way around the volcano of enthusiasm I have for our boys in blue and green. I choose to enjoy the view from here and I'm content to allow the clouds to gather on the far side. I'm at peace with that.

But that's just me, I won't speak for the rest of typical Seattle.