ESPN's SB poll map

NUKE7000

Reaction score
I wonder what the SB poll looked like between the Colts and Saints prior the actual game being played?

Shock2k

Reaction score
We all we got We all we need. Let's be honest, we would be more worried if people were pulling for us.

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
I honestly said, after the Houston game, " we are going to the Superbowl"

I have said it all season and people thought I was crazy week after week, yet here we are and I still think Sunday will be glorious. Not changing my vote. ALL IN. Texas is colored in blue and green.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Shock2k":2zitmayt said:
We all we got We all we need. Let's be honest, we would be more worried if people were pulling for us.
Almost all my coworkers are pulling for us (it's probably because they like me and I told them after that Houston game we will be the Superbowl winner while in THE heart of Chiefs Kingdom). There's that silly Jets fan though always telling me we're cheaters...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Just goes to show, offense scores points and gets the headlines. But we all know, Defense wins Championships!!!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Im in New york right now.

We saw our first family of Broncos fans today.
didnt see a single logo yesterday.
Lots of Hawks around but we're spread out.
Locals are very positive about the hawks, even when they want Manning to win.

Been told more than once that they want Manning to win
and we have a decade til our window closes.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
TheHawkster":1w1ks03z said:

BS rationale. In the world of salary caps our window could close next year.

olyfan63

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1kknl6ln said:
TheHawkster":1kknl6ln said:

BS rationale. In the world of salary caps our window could close next year.

Exactly. Even tomorrow is not guaranteed.
A lot of good the "window" has done for the Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills.
Buffalo could have easily had a Lombardis on their first trip, but endured Norwood "Wide Right" from 47 yards, and then lost by large margins each of their next 3 trips.
There is no "next year". Just ask last year's 49er's. And how many years before the Ravens will be good enough to get there again, much less win it?

Better to emulate the 49ers first trip and just go get it the first time. Not a Whiners fan, but I remember watching "The Catch" live on TV as it happened, and being both delighted and stunned, as I was rooting against the Cowboys and for the Whiners. It looked like Montana was throwing it away and then suddenly Dwight Clark comes down with it. The Sherman-to-Smith tip and pick is our perfect analog to that play. It's our second time to the big show in under 10 years. We are already overrepresented among Super Bowl participants during the last decade. Who knows if or when we'll ever make it back. Just ask Cleveland, Buffalo, Minnesota, Jets, Chiefs, Bengals, Dolphins, and other teams fans who haven't been to a Super Bowl in 20 years or so... or ever... There is no tomorrow, no next year, there is only this one.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Broncos have a historically bigger national fanbase than the Seahawks do, as a result of the Elway years & finally a winning Super Bowl, plus the other times the Broncos appeared in the Super Bowl, e.g., with Craig Morton. So it's no surprise to see that map. OK, a mild surprise, especially over Idaho and Montana. But then, Denver and Seattle are just about the same distance away from Montana; Denver is slightly closer to the Eastern half. For Idaho, the Southeast corner of the state, the Pocatello area, is closer to Denver than to Seattle.

I was excited to see how football-savvy the fans of the Northeast are, to pick the Seahawks, until the earlier poster pointed out that it's Patriots fans rooting AGAINST the Broncos, for knocking off Tommy and the Pats. I also like to think the Patriots were also so impressed with the 2012 Seahawks last-minute victory, 24-23, that that played a role in their opinions too.

The game will be played on, and decided on, the field.

I love it that so much money is being bet on Denver, and so many people, against all logic, think the Broncos will win. If the fix is in, the betting money angle would indicate a Seattle victory. Besides, at last check, Pittsburgh hasn't renounced their XL Lombardi.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Jay-Dog":1r7t4op7 said:
Axx":1r7t4op7 said:
Jay-Dog":1r7t4op7 said:
It's espn! They are much like FOX news, spreading BS to promote their agenda. Cool crayon map, Clayton would happy he can color within the lines.

NFL.com also has about a 70/30 ratio - Denver.

Vegas also has about 75% of the money on Denver

fair enough, but you know better, boss. :D

Aint no way Vegas is paying that much out. If 75% of the money is on Denver the line would move much further out. Like to the tune of 10+ points to bring in Seattle money on the spread.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Also, Wisconsin was a reasonably close state. All the Russell Wilson fans who saw him in college are believers.

The rest of the state is still butt-hurt from the Wail Mary *catch* by Golden Tate, and apparently holds that against Wilson.
And where are those butt-hurt GB fans this fine Super Bowl season? Watching from home, of course.

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":1a3462vc said:
Jay-Dog":1a3462vc said:
Axx":1a3462vc said:
Jay-Dog":1a3462vc said:
It's espn! They are much like FOX news, spreading BS to promote their agenda. Cool crayon map, Clayton would happy he can color within the lines.

Aint no way Vegas is paying that much out. If 75% of the money is on Denver the line would move much further out. Like to the tune of 10+ points to bring in Seattle money on the spread.

http://www.thespread.com/nfl-football-p ... us9gbST48o

You can bet vegas will be a 12th this come sunday

plyka

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2nus4zwf said:
Alaska wtf?? I thought Alaska was Hawk territory?

And how is a game with a 2-3 point spread that out of balance??? Something seems odd...

Vegas has a two point spread but from what I hear 75-85% of the public money is on Denver. Which means Vegas is all in on Seattle. And you know who builds all those billion dollar buildings with whose money right?

plyka

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":2jyknexx said:
Jay-Dog":2jyknexx said:
Axx":2jyknexx said:
Jay-Dog":2jyknexx said:

Seattle were original favorites by over one point. Many believe this was the natural trap to get massive public money coming in. It worked as the line moved to -2'5 Denver in an hour.

As you saw in the map, if the spread was -11 Denver then there wouldn't be much money coming in. It's not always about the perfect line it's about making the most money. If you have the line at the perfect place for public consumption then you actually wouldn't get much action because people don't believe strongly one way or another. Just like if you had a monopoly in a product, you wouldn't want to sell it 10 times it's true value. You may sell a few but not many. May be better to sell many more at lower prices so you get quantity. Look at Microsoft.

Latest posts