ESPN….lol

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Went onto ESPN.com and low and behold top article on all things sports is how the NFL should get better refs because we made the playoffs , we beat the Rams because we got two calls that favored us and the lions season was one on the line and it wasn’t fair they won and didn’t get into the playoffs because our game was so badly officiated …. The bias towards our team by the media is so fun to watch ,I love the fact we make peoples lives so miserable by getting into the playoffs … maybe the lions should of beat us in the regular season and they would be in instead of us but o well sucks to be them ….

Sorry for such a long post just needed to get that off my chest

Hopefully it just adds even more fuel to our fire for todays game ….

And can’t wait if we beat the Santa Clara 48ers what kind of articles will be written about us then … lol

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Yep... I just read that article, too. It's crazy that it took the Seahawks getting in for them to "realize" that there were some bad calls. They now need to understand that there are poor calls in every game. Ugh.

audioeffects

Reaction score
I first visited Seahawks.Net in 1998 when the Jets bumped us out of the playoffs because of the helmet TD by the Jets. It was that game that moved the NFL to embrace instant replay for good. Ironically, a last Seahawks game of the season’s officiating forces the NFL to deal with short-comings and inconsistencies. Good luck with that.

W

Welshers

Dude I just saw this and was coming here to post it. Glad you got to it first. I'm in shock. They completely ignore the other 17 weeks of egregious officiating. The Hawks got screwed so many times this season... but suddenly when a couple calls go our way everyone is "furious". Unreal

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ESPN is pretty much these two markets: NY & LA.

ESPN be like: “You’re either with us (NY or LA) or you’re against us!”

seahawks08

Reaction score
Rams, Detroit and NFL executives were upset about it as per the article. I wonder if they over correct in the 49ers game. This is called poor reporting by Adam Shefter to influence the outcome of the game. They should have written similar articles for many other issues that went against us. This is noise to get the owners to agree on full time paid referees instead of in season only referees.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
yin and yang, this is some of that institutionalized small marketism we often complain about but can't put our finger on. This is why PNW fans are special. It's nonsensical bias from the least coast, it's actually that simple.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't bothered to go read the article (nor will I) but when I read that Adam Shefter was the author, I really started to laugh. That guy has had a weird bias against the Seahawks for years. I used to watch Inside The NFL on HBO when he was on and he was always pretty douchey when it came to the Hawks for some reason. Screw him and screw the other cry babies. Talk about isolation hypocrisy analysis.

W

Welshers

I haven't bothered to go read the article (nor will I) but when I read that Adam Shefter was the author, I really started to laugh. That guy has had a weird bias against the Seahawks for years. I used to watch Inside The NFL on HBO when he was on and he was always pretty douchey when it came to the Hawks for some reason. Screw him and screw the other cry babies. Talk about isolation hypocrisy analysis.
I believe that a lot of the country truly does have a bias against the Pacific Northwest, and it's not just about sports. I hate to act persecuted but it's just a feeling I get. A lot of people don't like the PNW or what they know about it and so they don't like our sports teams either

BASF

Reaction score
Their job is to generate clicks by catering to the majority and slighting a specific fan base to get them to click as well. Congratulations, you fell for a carnival barker pulling you in to make money off of you.

W

Welshers

Their job is to generate clicks by catering to the majority and slighting a specific fan base to get them to click as well. Congratulations, you fell for a carnival barker pulling you in to make money off of you.
Thanks for educating us

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I believe that a lot of the country truly does have a bias against the Pacific Northwest, and it's not just about sports. I hate to act persecuted but it's just a feeling I get. A lot of people don't like the PNW or what they know about it and so they don't like our sports teams either
That’s actually very far from the truth. Having been to Seattle multiple times and being from the East Coast I can tell you firsthand the bias lies in the PNW. I have been to many places in this country but I found Seattle people in general to have have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to the East. And I get the feeling the East Coast starts in Idaho.

It’s really strange because you have one of the most beautiful areas of the country. First time I went I was told not to tell anyone I was from the East. I’ve never heard anyone here say anything of the sorts to people from Seattle. Everyone I know has a personal liking to the Hawks because I am a fan. Nobody here dislikes them. Of course you can find people that don’t like them but that’s true of any team anywhere.

W

Welshers

That’s actually very far from the truth. Having been to Seattle multiple times and being from the East Coast I can tell you firsthand the bias lies in the PNW. I have been to many places in this country but I found Seattle people in general to have have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to the East. And I get the feeling the East Coast starts in Idaho.

It’s really strange because you have one of the most beautiful areas of the country. First time I went I was told not to tell anyone I was from the East. I’ve never heard anyone here say anything of the sorts to people from Seattle. Everyone I know has a personal liking to the Hawks because I am a fan. Nobody here dislikes them. Of course you can find people that don’t like them but that’s true of any team anywhere.
Agree to disagree. In my experience much of the country looks down on the PNW as a overly liberal looney type place. On top of the fact that we are in Pacific time zone so our games get missed by much of the East Coast media. It is an interesting point you make about bias in the PNW against others, I've never heard that before. We have had such an influx of people from California and around the country

getnasty

Reaction score
I think we all can at least appreciate Sam Ponder and Matt Hasselbeck though right.

Mick063

Reaction score
This debate should have begun when the Seahawks were screwed in the Super Bowl against the Steelers. The "bias argument" has merit. And then the Saints have been really screwed as well.

Further, it isn't a coincidence that the "purely judgement" call of taunting was introduced at about the same time that the NFL embraced a partnership with online gambling. Seriously. A subjective judgement call that can impact the score and it can't be reviewed, challenged, or subjected to change. Edit: And further, in the post-game critique it is routinely shrugged off as a trivial matter. Reduced to an accountability shirking justification by being labeled a "judgment call". What can possibly go wrong? The corruption is inevitable. Just a matter of time.

Last edited:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think we all can at least appreciate Sam Ponder and Matt Hasselbeck though right.
I was just about to bring up Mathew Hasselbeck, the face he makes when someone is full of it is probably the best summary of reactions to this type of bias lol, he was one of the first really to embrace and talk about the bias "south alaska" etc. But Hass's eff off with your bs face is the best lol, always has a place in my heart, thanks for your service Matt!