Eskridge suspended

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
This was the last thing he needed. His career was essentially already over in Seattle, but he needed all 17 games to show something to this staff. Losing six games? Yeah, better start signing up for Indeed my dude.

flv2

Reaction score
There are no guarantees remaining in Eskridge's contract. He can be released at any time without impacting the cap. An UDFA rookie would be unlikely to make the regular season roster in his place and since he already has 2 years in the system he ought to be more useful in camp as a measuring stick for others. It's a marginal decision with zero expectations.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

No point in keeping him as a camp arm for tc when he could be injured and a greater liability than now.

Last edited:

Mick063

Reaction score
I can't defend domestic violence. Although we should presume innocence until the legal aspects have played out, the league office has apparently acquired enough information to feel compelled to suspend him for six games. A rather severe punishment that seems to indicate the amount and type of information that was acquired. If he can't keep his composure in emotional moments, isn't mature enough to understand that his rare career opportunity is on the line, then I expect him to possess that same mental weakness on the football field as well. A lack of self-control can easily cost you a game and a playoff spot. Further, availability is a big issue. If it wasn't, a supreme talent like Penny would still be with the team. Eskridge is batting with a full count, and he doesn't deserve any more free swings to get on base.

I like the idea of the young man from Arkansas racing down the field in kick coverage. In fact, I prefer it.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Amazing the pile ons that occur with "news" ...so quick to have laughs at another's expense. We have some difficult roster cuts coming up and his suspension is similar to the old 6 game effect of putting a player on the PUP list prior to starting the season. Injuries and suspensions are the easiest way to "shelve/stash" players who would normally require a roster spot to keep. Because of JSN it seems so easy to cut losses with Dee...didn't he cost us Creed Humphrey? (As if everyone "knows" John Schneider was targeting Creed before Dee came along). If he is released...why the glee?

flv2

Reaction score
Just pointing out, if Eskridge is cut it saves $775k off the cap.
Eskridge was scheduled to earn $1.2M in salary before his suspension. At NFL rookie minimum pay his replacement would earn $750K. The maximum possible saving is $450K. It wouldn't dissuade the Seahawks from signing a more expensive replacement and saving nothing.

Fade

Reaction score
This may be a blessing in disguise. Now we have room for both Dareke Young and Jake Bobo or another rookie like Matt Landers or CJ Johnson. By the time Eskridge can return, we may need another WR due to injury or because the rookies aren't producing.
That's because it is addition by subtraction. You are a better football team when Eskridge is not on it.

cymatica

Reaction score
I wouldn't rush to judgement, considering the actual charge, unless someone has details on what actually happened.

https://www.treyzlaw.com/what-is-fourth-degree-assault-in-washington-state/

WHAT IS FOURTH-DEGREE ASSAULT?​

Washington state law defines fourth-degree assault as an attempted battery on another person that causes contact that a reasonable person would find offensive. To receive a fourth-degree assault charge for domestic violence, the other person must be one of your family or household members.

Despite the serious connotations of the word assault, the injury does not have to occur to the victim for law enforcement officers to arrest you – all the victim has to do is claim to law enforcement that you touched them in an offensive manner.

Jville

Reaction score
This may be a blessing in disguise. Now we have room for both Dareke Young and Jake Bobo or another rookie like Matt Landers or CJ Johnson. By the time Eskridge can return, we may need another WR due to injury or because the rookies aren't producing.

Good points.

The Dee Eskridge story is still being written.

Meanwhile, there are always roster options and work-a-rounds.

No need to get upset over the most recent NFL triggered event coming out of New York.

Adapting to come what may ..... one day at a time ..... at the VMAC.

andyh64000

Reaction score
There are no guarantees remaining in Eskridge's contract. He can be released at any time without impacting the cap. An UDFA rookie would be unlikely to make the regular season roster in his place and since he already has 2 years in the system he ought to be more useful in camp as a measuring stick for others. It's a marginal decision with zero expectations.

My money is on Bobo.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The 6 game suspension has the effect is, as some have said, of a roster stash like PUP or IR. WRs do often take 2 full years before they "get it". Maybe this will supply the urgency and focus Eskridge needs? At the very least, his odds of being healthy enough to play are a little better.

I don't read much into the DV except that he did something dumb and physical, realized it was dumb, and took the plea deal as the least damaging option. I'd guess that babymama screwed him out of time with his kid, or some other parenting choice difference of opinion, and Eskridge lost his cool. Sounds like he's trying to be involved as a parent so good for him on that.

This could be the year Eskridge actually gets on the field and makes a few plays. Not a betting man on that, just that it's *possible* within reason.

I'd call Eskridge the Christine Michael of WRs except that Michael actually got in the game and had an impact on numerous occasions.

Latest posts