Ed Dickson is ready

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":8q86eas0 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1036034273747365888[/tweet]

The Austin Davis news is surprising. I wonder when he got hurt. That trade for a tight end was timely as was the trade for a quarterback.

Yes he sprained his Kinfifer valve on his non throwing hand, don't you read injury reports :p

Cyrus12

Reaction score
And Dickson goes to the NFI PUP....no go for 6 weeks...so what's the deal? Looking more and more like yet another bust signing..

Jville

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1hz6pnnr said:
And Dickson goes to the NFI PUP....no go for 6 weeks...so what's the deal? Looking more and more like yet another bust signing..

It's gonna be a physical season with the promise of plenty of double tight end formations. All four tight ends should see plenty of action.

mikeak

Reaction score
Jville":cphgkfqq said:
Cyrus12":cphgkfqq said:

It's gonna be a physical season with the promise of plenty of double tight end formations. All four tight ends should see plenty of action.

Well at least the ones that dress for games....

getnasty

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1y5yrpqv said:
Jville":1y5yrpqv said:
The career of John Owens falls far short of what Ed Dickson has done to date. They are not at all remotely comparable IMHO.
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/player/eddickson/497224/profile[/urltargetblank]
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/player/johnowens/2505124/profile[/urltargetblank]
Journeyman, second string, block first tight ends. Anything you get from them in the passing game is a bonus. That's just my opinion.

Point is Dickson did absolutely nothing to make this team. He put in zero work. Then you have guys like Vannett, Dissly, and Swoopes who busted their humps all summer long. If Dickson makes this team, then Pete needs to do away with his "always compete" motto.

He's injured. While he's no pro bowler I'm willing to bet he's or best tight end when healthy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":28uw9o4g said:
Ruminator":28uw9o4g said:
Hardly noticed him in preseason - did he play much? Mostly blocking/pass pro?
He didn't see the field.

Nor did he practice a single play. In his case the announcement needs to come from the team. He needs to practice before playing.

I’m sure he wants to play and get his game cheques but he needs to be cleared by the medical staff first.

Nice try Ed!

We’ll see you in 6 games.