Eagles aren't good

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I get all that.

The Cards game was really hard to swallow. I was, however, very encouraged by the 2nd half against the 9ers. My optimism (tempered by realism) is higher now than I expected.

I live in MN.. i am inundated with all things Vikings. I may overvalue them.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1s3kqctc said:
I get all that.

The Cards game was really hard to swallow. I was, however, very encouraged by the 2nd half against the 9ers. My optimism (tempered by realism) is higher now than I expected.

I loved the 2nd half and with Lynch some nostalgia kicked in and the Homer also had a statement half. The ending was also nostalgic...an unfortunate one. I also wanted to attend the game this weekend...my record is 4-0 in the playoffs and 2-0 vs the vikings while in attendance...so it's all my positivity I bring! Has to be....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":ksyh6uyp said:
Uncle Si":ksyh6uyp said:
I get all that.

I loved the 2nd half and with Lynch some nostalgia kicked in and the Homer also had a statement half. The ending was also nostalgic...an unfortunate one. I also wanted to attend the game this weekend...my record is 4-0 in the playoffs and 2-0 vs the vikings while in attendance...so it's all my positivity I bring! Has to be....

maybe we could host them in the NFC championship.

I think they can give the Saints fits, as they can defend the pass real well.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's about how we match up not who has the better record right now, we are both 0-0 and our health will dictate how we play them as they us hoping to exploit weak areas whether it's a starter or a guy off the practice squad against their guys.

Uhearditherefirst

Reaction score
chet380":klpdvy3p said:
The pass rush has to dramatically improve -- Wentz is too good to be given any extemded time.
In last game vs eagles pass rush was all over Wentz. On the flip side think eagles had lots of pressure too. Huge difference is ertz who had good game but sounds like he may be out. Wilson missed wide open Hollister in the end zone trying to float ball to him that sailed over his head. Also dk dropped sure td pass or game could have been a blowout. Eagles only td came in final seconds

Uhearditherefirst

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5z83no5j said:
The thing about this Hawks team is that they can't win either way by so many people's standards.

If they win this game, it's going to be because The Eagles suck, or they have too many injuries, blah blah blah.
If they don't blow them out, they "should have smoked these guys"
If they lose, well then the Seahawks just suck etc.
Shoot, they could blow them out on Sunday (which they don't really do things that way) and people will downplay it immediately.

It's ok to enjoy winning, regardless how it looks or what team they beat. :2thumbs:
I totally agree. Am wondering how many wishy washy fans and media expected Hawks to be 11-5 having only lost to playoff teams and division rivals. They have left it all on the field and played to the best of their ability. I don't care how close a game is a W is a W and some L you learn from. Personally don't care what others think I like this Hawks team and that fact they don't quit EVER

Scorpion05

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":vyk04nrb said:
Scorpion05":vyk04nrb said:
We already played them and it wasn’t an easy win. Marrone is a really good coach. The overconfidence by some Hawks fans is honestly kind of infuriating.

Also our defense isn’t good and we’ve been making poor coaching decisions all year. Russ has to play out of his mind every week for us to have a sure win.

Wait...you mean Pederson right? Marrone's Jacksonville's coach.

Yea, was watching ESPN and had Marrone on the brain for some reason

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3j40nxql said:
Uncle Si":3j40nxql said:
NJlargent":3j40nxql said:
This game is a significant concern. Regardless of strength of the divisions, the Eagles have taken care of business and we have clearly not. Division foes are always more difficult due to familiarity and the Eagles have won 4 straight and we lost 3 of 4.

Philly will also be prepared as they are well coached, the fans are pumped that they are making the same run they did 2 years ago and peaking at the right time (I have many family members in Philly sadly). If we come out and sleepwalk through the first half, we are going to lose. The refs will be on their side as the home team so we need to come out and take the refs out of it.

It's the playoffs. Every game will be a significant concern.

I just wonder what everyone's mood would be had Hollister fell another inch and we were hosting a Vikings team who is much better than the Eagles.
Probably pretty good! Home game coming after a huge comeback vs arguably a superior team and another NFC west title. Cousins arguably having a ton of pressure on him to win. The match up probably is better with Philly but pretty sure fans would of wanted to see a win last week.

So you are saying for some fans, the difference between being pessimistic, a bit despondent, and yelling all week about firing Pete, and being upbeat, excited about hosting Minny and the playoffs in general, is a millimeter?

A millimeter separates unbridled excitement and depressive predicitons of losing to Philly here on .net

I mean I knew that, its the NFL, but just think about how the threads would be different here this week. 1 millimeter.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1ct1mw8t said:
nor are they healthy. More injured than Seahawks. This should be an easy win.

That’s what some here said about AZ. That game proved very costly.

Never underestimate an opponent. They are a well coached team with a good DLine and have seen us recently so we can expect them to be ready for us.

As well we are not as strong as we were when we played them not that very long ago.

I haven’t seen the team have an “easy win” yet this season.

That said: the Hawks are a better team that they are at a lot of key positions and are walking wounded are beginning to return to health. I expect to see us try to run on them but don’t expect they will be easily beaten.

I hope you are right so we can return to SF ready to make up for the 3 inch loss of last Sunday. However, nobody should be looking past this game and the Eagles presently have momentum our team doesn’t.

olyfan63

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":14acl5by said:
My wife is a huge Eagles fan and I’ve seen most of their games this year... in my opinion this will be anything but easy. Pederson GAME PLANS, knows how to use his personnel, and has got stones to make tough decisions instead of sticking to what the book says to do. They’re riding high and playing loose... I would love to have a coach like that. They always have a new wrinkle, idea or approach that keeps teams off balance. This will not be easy unless Pete doesn’t wait until the second half. If he lets them hang around we will lose by 10.

I think that's a great analysis; Pederson does game-plan well and succeed in the playoffs. He out-game-planned Bill Belichick, for one. Actual difference: QB Foles caught his TD pass on Philly Special, QB Brady did not. The team with the better QB-WR hybrid won. Pederson won that matchup, lol. Overall, though, Pederson game-planned and used Foles' strengths, and Foles played out of his mind for the whole postseason. And Pederson had his team ready to play and win in all phases of the game.

I'm hoping that Carroll, Schotty, Norton do a good job game-planning for THIS OPPONENT and Carroll doesn't give away the first half. I'm hoping they look to exploit Philly's weaknesses. Carroll gets too stuck sometimes in the "Impose our will on them" crap. This roster doesn't have the healthy talent for that approach to work, especially with no Duane Brown.

Uncle Si":14acl5by said:
Cyrus12":14acl5by said:
Uncle Si":14acl5by said:
I get all that.
-snip-

maybe we could host them in the NFC championship.
I think they can give the Saints fits, as they can defend the pass real well.

Now THAT is an interesting thought!! And it actually COULD happen. That Diggs catch two years ago to beat the Saints in the playoffs... and this is a better Vikings team overall, IMO. So this is the moment where Kirk Cousins steps up and shows he's elite, and guides the Vikings to the NFC Championship Game?? Yes Please!! ;-) Hey, if he's ever going to do something, shake the 0-9 or 0-10 or whatever prime-time label, this is the time. Then, when he loses to Russell Wilson and the Seahawks in the NFCCG, he'll be back to being just another stiff in no time flat.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The most concerning point from the linked article on Philly board...
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/201 ... nd-preview

Doug Pederson’s record against teams the Eagles have played twice in one season since 2016:
* First game — 7-6
* Second game — 9-4

Pete Carroll’s record against teams the Seahawks have played twice in one season since 2016:
* First game — 11-2-1
* Second game — 4-10

Carroll is specifically 0-2 in the playoffs against teams the Seahawks first played in the regular season.

Now this is a concern. Will Carroll actually game-plan for the Eagles, and look to exploit their weaknesses, or will he go with the "Impose our will" crap with a less-than-overpowering roster?

This would seem to suggest that Carroll doesn't game-plan as well for teams we've already played, to match up with the changes those teams make for us, based on them seeing what we do. and gets out-game-planned, outcoached, out-adjusted during games.

Will Pete take this to heart? Will his coordinators? Sure hope so.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
olyfan63":3azvz8pt said:
Now this is a concern. Will Carroll actually game-plan for the Eagles, and look to exploit their weaknesses, or will he go with the "Impose our will" crap with a less-than-overpowering roster?
History says no. Chances are Pete will outsmart himself and try to make the game "talent vs talent", which is great when your talent is Sherman, ET, Wagz, Kam, Avril, Bennett, Wright and the like, but that talent either departed or is getting up there in years. When the other team knows they're lacking talent (Eagles) they gameplan for who they have and for their opponents strengths.

Even with Seattle's slew of injuries it's almost nothing when compared to Philly, however Philly will do whatever they can to exploit Seattle's known weaknesses.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Anyone banking on an easy win has not witnessed enough of our tendencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Uncle Si":22i9keqk said:
NJlargent":22i9keqk said:
This game is a significant concern. Regardless of strength of the divisions, the Eagles have taken care of business and we have clearly not. Division foes are always more difficult due to familiarity and the Eagles have won 4 straight and we lost 3 of 4.

Philly will also be prepared as they are well coached, the fans are pumped that they are making the same run they did 2 years ago and peaking at the right time (I have many family members in Philly sadly). If we come out and sleepwalk through the first half, we are going to lose. The refs will be on their side as the home team so we need to come out and take the refs out of it.

It's the playoffs. Every game will be a significant concern.

I just wonder what everyone's mood would be had Hollister fell another inch and we were hosting a Vikings team who is much better than the Eagles.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I’d rather face the Vikings.

With the Vikings, you know what you’re getting. With the Eagles, you’re getting a super talented QB that can look all world in stretches, and a great coach that can scheme anyone open.

Playoff football is just different. Different gameplan, more attention to detail. I would much rather take my chances with Cousins and Zimmerman.

It’s the same scenario with us and Russell Wilson. Other than those who flat out underestimate us, facing the Seahawks would be terrifying if I was an opposing fan because Wilson is unpredictable. He’s a playbook in and of himself if he’s not controlled and allowed to make Houdini plays. Anytime we face a QB with a good coach like the Cardinals (now with Murray), the Packers with Rodgers, the Texans with Watson, or the Ravens now with Lamar, it’s tough to predict those games because their QB/offense can be dynamic at anytime. I feel the same way about Wentz and Pederson

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
From espn.com

FPI says ...
Projected playoff result: Lose to Eagles
Chances of advancing to divisional round: 39.7%
Chances of advancing to conference championship: 10.9%
Chances of advancing to Super Bowl: 3.4%
Chances of winning Super Bowl: 0.9%

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":26f5ip8r said:
From espn.com

FPI says ...

From HateSeahawks.com what do you expect.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":1rqf12rp said:
SantaClaraHawk":1rqf12rp said:
From espn.com

FPI says ...

From HateSeahawks.com what do you expect.
I mean... the Seahawks have lost three of their last four. We have not been playing well, and we’re just not that great of a team this season. I’d give it a 50-50 toss up, which is higher than ESPN gave. The Eagles on the other hand have some momentum at their backs. I think that the Seahawks are the better overall team -- but we've really put together a bad stretch of games.

I don’t get why people get upset over this stuff, especially a random article from ESPN. What matters is the result at the end of the game. I don't think anything they said is entirely unrealistic either given how poorly we've performed as of late, and how the Eagles have had a surprise hot streak. Backing into the playoffs is never a position that you want to be in.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Even with the refs in the way Seahawks handled the Eagles pretty well. Told ya.