Each 12th Man Attending = 367,000

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
NFC Championship games get around 50 million TV viewers. If I cut it in half to 25 million 9ers fans and 25 million Hawks fans ... and if my math is right then each one of you 68,000 attending the game Sunday will represent 367, 000 Hawk fans watching on TV. Just remember that ........... each 1 of you screaming and yelling represents 367,000 people. I know you can handle the burden ... ;)

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Nationally there will be more niners supporters than seahawks supporters. Your point still basically stands though.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
I do not think the vast majority of people watching will be fans of either team. That being said, with the exception of the Seattle and Portland metropolitan areas . . . well, let the facts speak for themselves (this is of course assuming that Facebook is a unbiased sample).

fan_matchup_seahawks_49ers5b25d.jpg

http://www.sikids.com/images/cms/imce/u ... p-full.png

fan_matchup_patriots_broncos5b25d.jpg

http://www.sikids.com/images/cms/imce/u ... p-full.png

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CandlestickBum":6x6lkszt said:
I do not think the vast majority of people watching will be fans of either team. That being said, with the exception of the Seattle and Portland metropolitan areas . . . well, let the facts speak for themselves (this is of course assuming that Facebook is a unbiased sample).

That Facebook map doesn't show all the Cowboys/Packers/Rams/Raiders/Cardinals fans that hate the Niners though ;)

lsheldon

Reaction score
Good point and I know people will represent. By your calculations the Seahawks fans watching the game total almost 25 Billion. Unless China has been misrepresenting their census counts, the number is actually 367. 25,000,000 / 68,000 = 367, not 367,000.

I know, I know, nitpicking.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ony3sc4 said:
CandlestickBum":2ony3sc4 said:

That Facebook map doesn't show all the Cowboys/Packers/Rams/Raiders/Cardinals fans that hate the Niners though ;)

Well, if it were a poll of, "who do you want to win", who knows what it would look like. I'm not a Saints fan, but I was pulling for them last week.

This is just an estimate of the ratio of actual fans. Haters and well-wishers are not counted.

Exittium

Reaction score
CandlestickBum":3p99yljs said:
Hasselbeck":3p99yljs said:
CandlestickBum":3p99yljs said:

Well, if it were a poll of, "who do you want to win", who knows what it would look like. I'm not a Saints fan, but I was pulling for them last week.

This is just an estimate of the ratio of actual fans. Haters and well-wishers are not counted.

Where as ESPN fan pol votes is completely opposite there fire making neither truly accurate and I would say that that point with then being opposite they void each other out.

Sportsnation

And I wouldn't call anyone voting on either to be "Actual" fans seeing as how at lot of people could have had their teams knocked out of the playoffs, or not make it to the playoffs.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
Exittium":k7wd0qcv said:
CandlestickBum":k7wd0qcv said:
Hasselbeck":k7wd0qcv said:
CandlestickBum":k7wd0qcv said:

Where as ESPN fan pol votes is completely opposite there fire making neither truly accurate and I would say that that point with then being opposite they void each other out.

Sportsnation

And I wouldn't call anyone voting on either to be "Actual" fans seeing as how at lot of people could have had their teams knocked out of the playoffs, or not make it to the playoffs.

Um, you are comparing two completely different datasets.

One is looking at tens of millions of facebook profiles to see how many people list themselves as a fan of each organization. It is a fairly scientific random sampling. It only assumes that people who use facebook tend to be fans of the same teams as people who do not use facebook.

The other is an internet poll (very unscientific) asking readers of a website who they think will win, not which team they are a fan of.

I was just pointing out that there are a lot more 49ers fans across the nation than Seahawks fans, because it was relevant to the post. The vast majority of people watching are likely fans of neither team.

Exittium

Reaction score
CandlestickBum":1qwlvx83 said:
Hasselbeck":1qwlvx83 said:

Um, you are comparing two completely different datasets.

One is looking at tens of millions of facebook profiles to see how many people list themselves as a fan of each organization. It is a fairly scientific random sampling. It only assumes that people who use facebook tend to be fans of the same teams as people who do not use facebook.

The other is an internet poll (very unscientific) asking readers of a website who they think will win, not which team they are a fan of.

I was just pointing out that there are a lot more 49ers fans across the nation than Seahawks fans, because it was relevant to the post. The vast majority of people watching are likely fans of neither team.

Okay Yes its two sets of data, but the way FB is collecting theirs isn't based off of, how many people list themselves as a fan of each organization. For it to be accurate, it would have to use all 32 teams. By those maps and what your saying, is essentially the whole US is 49er fans while all the other teams have a very small fan base? Highly Unlikely and still inaccurate. AS WELL I'm going to say this data is collected by County, and it more then likely has something to do with how many "likes" something gets in regards to "keywords" such as 49ers, and Seahawks. Unless everyone in the nation is changing their sports teams to the 49ers. I'm not trying to say the Sports Nation is right or wrong, However off speculation and well frankly a guess I'm going to say its more accurate then however FB is collecting their data. I.E. if its based off likes and I say something or post a pic that says "Screw the 49ers" and someone likes it, well that it might count as a "fan registration" for the 49ers. However no where do they state HOW they generate the data either. So once again I'm basing it also off speculation and guessing. "shrug" either Way I mean I could care less tbh, I'm just looking forward to tomorrow.

Edit: http://www.seattlepi.com/technology...L-Teams-Every-County-In-The-US-Is-5132426.php

"It's based on Facebook likes" I wouldn't call it accurate if that's the case tbh.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Hey CandleSuckHummer, here's some raw data for ya, after wandering around Southern California all season wearing my Seahawks gear, I haven't run into a single Non-49er fan who likes the 49ers! In fact, they hate the 49ers... with a passion. Yet on the contrary, other than actual 49er chumps, nearly everyone that see that I'm a Seahawk fan hasn't been able to contain their enthusiasm about how much the like the Seahawks. And outside of rooting for their team are rooting for the Seahawks and think they're going to the Super Bowl... and then they'll put their hand up to the side of their mouth and whisper "Ya know? I hate those *&^%$ 49ers."

So basically take your cute little maps and shove them up your ass. ;)

mort

Reaction score
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." Blah blah blah

sutz

Reaction score
Statistics is the compilation, organization, and presentation of anecdotal evidence.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":16hqozmr said:
CandlestickBum":16hqozmr said:

You forgot panthers. I live in panthers territory and believe me, they are rooting against the niners.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Tailspin Hawk Fan":3umhraqn said:
NFC Championship games get around 50 million TV viewers. If I cut it in half to 25 million 9ers fans and 25 million Hawks fans ... and if my math is right then each one of you 68,000 attending the game Sunday will represent 367, 000 Hawk fans watching on TV. Just remember that ........... each 1 of you screaming and yelling represents 367,000 people. I know you can handle the burden ... ;)

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!

But wait a minute. According to a Niner fan on the webzone who claims to be a sound engineer, the loudest recorded human was recorded at 128.7 DB standing 6 feet from the microphone. He offers this up as proof that we pipe in noise to the Clink because according to this "sound engineer" it would be impossible for our volume to exceed 128.7 DB and every single Niner fan who posted agreed with him 100%.

Funny I'm not a sound engineer but I do know that if you had two people yelling at 128.7 DB equally 6 feet from the mic you would have what is called a doubling of power and equates out to an increase of 3db meaning in that simple scenario the recorded volume would actually be 131.7.

Sorry to derail the thread but your scenario reminded me of that idiot and the idiots who believed him. Hopefully we cause another earthquake in downtown.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RichNhansom":29e22tvh said:
Tailspin Hawk Fan":29e22tvh said:

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!

But wait a minute. According to a Niner fan on the webzone who claims to be a sound engineer, the loudest recorded human was recorded at 128.7 DB standing 6 feet from the microphone. He offers this up as proof that we pipe in noise to the Clink because according to this "sound engineer" it would be impossible for our volume to exceed 128.7 DB and every single Niner fan who posted agreed with him 100%.

Funny I'm not a sound engineer but I do know that if you had two people yelling at 128.7 DB equally 6 feet from the mic you would have what is called a doubling of power and equates out to an increase of 3db meaning in that simple scenario the recorded volume would actually be 131.7.

Sorry to derail the thread but your scenario reminded me of that idiot and the idiots who believed him. Hopefully we cause another earthquake in downtown.

This is known to be true from a Radar Technicians position.
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Latest posts