Dunlap traded to Seattle

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Per ESPN:

The Cincinnati Bengals have told defensive end Carlos Dunlap to stay home rather than come to work Wednesday as the team sorts out his future, sources confirmed to ESPN's Dianna Russini.

They have had trade talks centered around their disgruntled pass-rusher, and those are continuing, according to the sources.

NFL Network first reported the news.

Hopefully the Seahawks are involved in those continuing trade talks.

TypeSly

Reaction score
No way??? It sounds like we can get him... and for dirt cheap!!!

Elemas

Reaction score
We need to grab this guy.

I'm loving our 5-1 team but as it has been told by the glass is half empty crowd, we're not going to make it far without a pass rush.

0 touches on 40+ dropbacks. I mean, AZ has a nice line and all but....

TOPHawk

Reaction score
Cap number is $10M...either the Bengals would have to pick up some salary (unlikely) or someone would have to restructure their contract.

TugHawk

Reaction score
If we go for Dunlap, I hope we also go for a Matthews/Suggs type, as I think it’s critical to have depth when targeting DE’s over 28/29 years old. Injuries happen, but I think with the potential SB window we have, we must hedge with the vets.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maybe this is why we weren't in on E. Griffin, because JS is working on something better.

I like Suggs, but he's what? 37?

PNW

Reaction score
Agree......both Suggs and Mathews make the most sense. Even a 37 year old Suggs would help us. I think he got 6.5 sacks last year before he got injured. Mathews got 8 himself.

titan3131

Reaction score
"Bengals traded DE Carlos Dunlap to the Seahawks, source tells ESPN. Will be official after 4 pm."

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
LOOKS LIKE WE GOT HIM

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1321482130568994819[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1321482248953176064[/tweet]

Gio

Reaction score
Yea we got him :)
And Lions got Everson for cheap.. damn , i really liked him when he was a Viking. Why didnt he end up being a Hawk since we needed a pass rusher ?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Gio":2vu2rstl said:
Yea we got him :)
And Lions got Everson for cheap.. damn , i really liked him when he was a Viking. Why didnt he end up being a Hawk since we needed a pass rusher ?

Dunno man, I slightly preferred Griffen but the Lions were right in there. Could be that Bengals thought their sixth would be worth than our sixth because of rankings.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Dunlap would probably improve the rush, unlike Griffen.

This deal is going to involve a player. Has to - Dunlap's cap hit needs to be fit in. I'm guessing BJ Finney.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1321483595740041218[/tweet]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We still need Clay.

Completely confused on how we were not even at the table for Everson.

A 6th is worth it. A 5th would have been to get him for $3M.

Dunlap will help but the opportunity to get much better for cheap was right there.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":27kdadf8 said:
We still need Clay.

Dunlap will help but the opportunity to get much better for cheap was right there.

I still fail to see how Griffen would've helped. He's been, quite literally, one of the absolute worst defensive ends in football for nearly a full seasons worth of play now.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":s8p4830k said:
TwistedHusky":s8p4830k said:
We still need Clay.

I still fail to see how Griffen would've helped. He's been, quite literally, one of the absolute worst defensive ends in football for nearly a full seasons worth of play now.

Agreed, he's had ample opportunity to rush the passer for a defense even worse than ours. And he's made zero impact.

I like the Dunlap trade. I'm afraid we had to give up a lot. It seems we either fleece the other team (Diggs, Clowney) or get fleeced ourselves (Adams, Duane Brown) there's really no in between.

Gio

Reaction score
Definitely Clay over Suggs. He's more versatile player , type of OLB/DE player. I also can't wait to see what Snacks will bring to the table.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1ss03z7p said:
Maelstrom787":1ss03z7p said:
TwistedHusky":1ss03z7p said:
We still need Clay.

Agreed, he's had ample opportunity to rush the passer for a defense even worse than ours. And he's made zero impact.

I like the Dunlap trade. I'm afraid we had to give up a lot. It seems we either fleece the other team (Diggs, Clowney) or get fleeced ourselves (Adams, Duane Brown) there's really no in between.

Exactly.

Meanwhile:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1321485334031589376[/tweet]

This trade makes good sense, if they can shed the salary (which, they've succeeding in doing, whoever the player ends up being) and the pick is low.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Looks like a player and a pick. Finney? Hollister?