Don't Believe Cowherd--Wilson wanted to stay in Seattle!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised anyone would believe the garbage that comes out of Cowherd or Florio.
Also, it's hilarious how after Russ signs the deal, and clearly wanted to be here, people are still making up crap because they can't just admit they know nothing about what REALLY went on.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
it just wasn't the media who said Wilson wanted to leave Seattle.

didn't players tweet he wanted to leave too?

I'm surprised a distant relative didn't comment on this too!

still it's all spin. I also agree that that no trade is leverage. If negotiations went sideways, the team could have traded Wilson this year to any team and neither one could do anything about it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just glad he's staying so we can move on to the Schedule tonight, the Draft next week and taking care of Bobby. I still think they are trying to trade Frank imo.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Colin Cowturd is truly full of horsepuckey, as ever ‘ the well placed source’ if his rantings weren’t just pure made up BS, were just plain wrong.

I find it hard to believe people listen to his pure rubbish, but then again there are some who like self flagellation. I rank his nonsense only barely above Prisco who both are undisguised in their dislike for all things Seahawks.

I guess if nothing else it’’s a low form of entertainment, or a way to pass time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And one thing that is incredibly consistent with Cowturd: He's all up on the Hawks' jock when they are winning. But if they lose a couple, he's bashing them every chance he gets. And that voice...... :pukeface:
I think I would respect these media types more if they ever actually admitted they were wrong about something. They are so quick to make crap up to get clicks/attention etc. But when the truth comes out they are nowhere to be found.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I heard Cowherd once say that the most important thing he wants is "be interesting". Basically said that the point or view or opinion of what was said was secondary to that. His comments on this topic totally fit that criteria. Whether he thought he had a solid source or not, what would be the more interesting take to get people talking? Russ wanted to stay in Seattle and was looking for a long term deal with the Hawks or the idea that because of his wife's career, exposure etc, Russ was looking to move to NY and join the Giants?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But the fact that so many people actually believed that crap and started ASSUMING that Russ wanted to leave is laughable. He never once said he did, and people took what Cowturd said as etched in stone truth. Lame

keasley45

Reaction score
Pretty funny, looking back. His 'wanting to stay' was wanting to know that he was safe after the FO became fed up with his act and play. He took the money but over the next 3 years, burned every bridge he had (except Pete's) to the point he had to go.
I'm sure John giving him the money came with an expectation things would change. And we know how that turned out...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sure thing, and his wanting to stay translated into I want to be traded and to just the teams I want to be traded to.

In the end his posturing has been revealed as just so much BS. RW is a great QB with an oversized ego and sense of entitlement, he’ll do great in Denver but they will inherit the same problems he had in Seattle.

Last edited:

John63

Reaction score
What a surprise some don't believe an article that goes against what they want and needs to believe. In the meantime how about them mariners

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's not a stretch to believe that Russell wanted to stay in Seattle.....................IF he was continued to get monster contracts making him the highest paid QB every 4-5 years, AND he got to run the offense how he wanted.

Obviously neither of which John and Pete were comfortable with.

The End

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What a surprise some don't believe an article that goes against what they want and needs to believe. In the meantime how about them mariners
What a surprise - some (well, one) mindlessly guzzle an article that ended up being obviously and hilariously wrong.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
It's not a stretch to believe that Russell wanted to stay in Seattle.....................IF he was continued to get monster contracts making him the highest paid QB every 4-5 years, AND he got to run the offense how he wanted.

Obviously neither of which John and Pete were comfortable with.

The End
I think RW is going to struggle on any team if the team isn’t in the hunt for a SB. And he will blame everyone but himself for not getting there.