DK way underutilized

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure what people are upset about.

If DK had great hands, we never would have landed him in the 2nd.

You take the good with the bad.

DK has a tremendous work ethic.
He is a passionate player that wants to win.
He isn't a football version of Ben Freaking Simmons.

He drops passes occasionally. That hurts when it is 3rd down and 4 separate drives see missed passes to DK on 3rd down.

But:

1. We won the game.

2. We shouldn't be throwing to him on 3rd down unless we are OK with punting there if he drops it.

We know that DK isn't perfect. But he is a hell of a football player. I love watching him block when he isn't holding.
He is a mean blocker.
He is dynamic after the catch (if he has time to get up to speed)

There is plenty to like. And some of that is just the DK does not have great hands.

If we continue to throw to him on pivotal downs and blow it? That is more on us than him. This was a great learning experience that hopefully allows us to avoid the issue against the better teams later.

5thgen

Reaction score
Receivers who move to another team usually do a lot better. Tate and Kearse were good examples. The problem is our QB.

Somos doces

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":32250gy2 said:

He drops passes occasionally. That hurts when it is 3rd down and 4 separate drives see missed passes to DK on 3rd down.

But:

1. We won the game.

2. We shouldn't be throwing to him on 3rd down unless we are OK with punting there if he drops it.

We know that DK isn't perfect. But he is a hell of a football player. I love watching him block when he isn't holding.
He is a mean blocker.

There is plenty to like. And some of that is just the DK does not have great hands.

If we continue to throw to him on pivotal downs and blow it? That is more on us than him. This was a great learning experience that hopefully allows us to avoid the issue against the better teams later.
Great post; ditto on all points.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Somos doces":1id1i294 said:
TwistedHusky":1id1i294 said:

But:

1. We won the game.

He is a mean blocker.

Great post; ditto on all points.

If I recall correctly, he made multiple “big plays” for us on pivotal downs last year and I thought a game winner too. IMO just keep feeding him and he will produce

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Enough said. Apparently when they asked Brees on the Manning’s Monday night show what he would do he said just keep throwing to Metcalf.

Fade

Reaction score
5thgen":bnhd8k43 said:
Receivers who move to another team usually do a lot better. Tate and Kearse were good examples. The problem is our QB.

Yep, get rid of Wilson and the receivers will go to another level.

Wilson was on pace for 37 TDs; 3 INTs; 72% completion; and the highest single season passer rating in NFL History, before getting injured btw.