Disappointing subpar performance today

plyka

Reaction score
This is a tough call. It's true that we have not been playing incredible ball, but the talent is there for everyone to see , and that's why we have been able to win almost every game. Unfortunately this team tends to play down to the opposition. The two glaring weaknesses this team has is unforced errors like the two ten point swings the last two weeks and the major one the offense. I think the first problem goes away with focus, it's fixable. The second problem is due to injuries and even more so the play calling. They try to play it safe until they have to open it up. Does Denver play like this? Of course not. It's best to open it up early, this way you can have more opportunities to win. You roll the dice 20 times instead of 10. It's almost as if the coaches are scared. Play it 100% and you'll be better off in the end.

BillHawks

Reaction score
kmedic":1i473idr said:
BillHawks":1i473idr said:
Pass rush, Browner, and ball security are the only glaring negatives for me. I think the ball security was somewhat flukey, but Browner was bad. The pass rush was also bad but the defense got away with it because the LBs and DBs played well.

What about our passing game, particularly in the red zone? It's got to be a concern at this point.

That seems to be more of a season long problem, it's usually better with Miller though. Just finishing drives in general I guess. Fumbles don't help with that though.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This thread is embarrassing. 6 points against our defense. That's awesome.

I swear, people on this board think every other team is terrible. Guess what; they aren't. And not every game is a blow out. Seattle beat up a physical Titans defense by the end of the game. That's our identity. Not Broncos light.

General Manager

Reaction score
It's a long season your going to have games like this. On the plus side I thought Wilson had a great game.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I realize people love to bag on carp but the touchdowns by lynch. Look who was leading the way.

OP
OP
K

kmedic

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1djinhor said:

I swear, people on this board think every other team is terrible. Guess what; they aren't. And not every game is a blow out. Seattle beat up a physical Titans defense by the end of the game. That's our identity. Not Broncos light.

If you read my points, most of my gripes are on the offense. I'll give credit to the defense today, though Browner sucked balls. The pass rush was not up to par either, especially being at home. But my biggest concern is the passing offense, particularly red zone offense- something that even the coaching staff this past week recognized was an issue and told us they were going to focus on it. From what I saw today, I saw little to no improvement compared to the past several weeks.

I always get a kick out of people who say they "feel sorry" or can't understand those of us who can vent some concerns, even in the wake of a victory. This is supposed to be a Super Bowl contending team and thus expectations are high, and should be. Nothing wrong with a little criticism.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3l4ybdj8 said:

Yep. Was shaking my head at people predicting us to blow out the Titans this week. Severe homerism.

Titans are a good team. We were lucky Locker wasn't playing.

We have a LOT to work on, nearly halfway through the season.

But....we won. Good teams find a way.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
The fact is we won, and it was one of those fluky games. I remember many of these not going our way in the past and will happily take the win thanks.

Go Hawks!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
If you look outside I think the sky is falling... umm yep pretty sure! :sarcasm_off:

Yes it was an ugly win. Cope!

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle WAS disappointing in the 1st half, but only mildly so. In the second half, they handed the Titans their asses. Overall, we outgained them nearly 2-1, and should have won by 3 scores without HUGE breaks going their way.

I wouldn't even call this an ugly win. It was an awesome win concealed by some unbelievable lucky breaks for the Titans. I think people fail to realize that the Titans defense is top 10 range, and their offense isn't horrible. Even at home, I think this was a quality win.

amill87

Reaction score
We gotta stop expecting blow outs as Seattle fans. This is the NFL. Blow outs are a rare thing. But at the core of everything, this team has something about it that is championship quality and that is the will to win. It doesn't matter how they do it but more often than not, they are finding ways to win games.

Look what looking pretty and unstoppable got the 2007 patriots....I'd take a battle tested team that knows they can win no matter the situation over a team that blows out opponents every game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Happypuppy":28e0xeej said:
I realize people love to bag on carp but the touchdowns by lynch. Look who was leading the way.

Few good blocks mixed into his incompetence does not make him a good player. He is a huge disappointment.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Definitely the biggest problem we have is our own expectations. I think that goes for both the fans and the players. We really should be 6-0, and I'm just going to enjoy the ride as far as it takes me.

My biggest disappointment is with Rice. Props to him for the huge sideline highlight, but aside of that, he's not playing every down. I mean, even if it's a run play, you still have a responsibility to fake someone or block, etc. he has been absolutely absent and that leaves one shrimp throwing to two other shrimps. There were at least six plays (and one would be enough for me) where Sydney dogged it and wasn't able to get an inkling of separation and in my opinion it was lack of effort. I think Wilson will see this on film and be pissed. I don't see Sydney here next year, and I certainly don't see a line of people know king his door down. Maybe the Patriots. Let's trade him to them now, cause I'm sick of it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":wzikp3it said:
Definitely the biggest problem we have is our own expectations. I think that goes for both the fans and the players. We really should be 6-0, and I'm just going to enjoy the ride as far as it takes me.

My biggest disappointment is with Rice. Props to him for the huge sideline highlight, but aside of that, he's not playing every down. I mean, even if it's a run play, you still have a responsibility to fake someone or block, etc. he has been absolutely absent and that leaves one shrimp throwing to two other shrimps. There were at least six plays (and one would be enough for me) where Sydney dogged it and wasn't able to get an inkling of separation and in my opinion it was lack of effort. I think Wilson will see this on film and be pissed. I don't see Sydney here next year, and I certainly don't see a line of people know king his door down. Maybe the Patriots. Let's trade him to them now, cause I'm sick of it.

We're stuck with Rice for this season. We've faced top-10 coverage units three weeks in a row now and while Rice hasn't done much to beat the coverage, none of the rest of the WR's are likely to do much better in the #1 role. Imagine how much more blanketing they'll get with Rice out, especially if Bevell's playcalling stays weird. Take him out and you shut down Tate and Baldwin, I guarantee it. Harvin might help, but he's another shrimp and not a downfield route-runner.

Subtract the fumble today and people aren't being nearly as hard on him. The fumble sucked, but it's ironic that people call him on it, because him reaching for extra yardage looked a lot like...effort.

Draft another receiver with height and speed, then let Rice go. Until then, cutting him only hurts the team.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
kmedic":m69dmn73 said:
Thank God for Tom Brady and NE.
I'm tired of hopeing for other teams to help is out just my 2 cents

dukestar

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":21xrv6i1 said:

No kidding. I think our fan base is just expecting for a shoe to drop. News flash - this isn't your Dad's Hawks team. Our oline is decimated which is going to present challenges. The last two games we have had 10 point swings on fluke plays. One game it cost us the other we persevered on won going away. This is the NFL there are no gimmes. On to Arizona which, btw, will be a very tough game. I think we will win but if we don't it will not shake my faith in our team. We will win the NFC West and if we play our best we should contend for the NFC 1st seed. What more do you want or expect?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawkfannj":87746jqn said:
kmedic":87746jqn said:
Thank God for Tom Brady and NE.
I'm tired of hopeing for other teams to help is out just my 2 cents

What are you talking about?

We are 5-1 just like the Saints, but we need the Saints to lose a game or two here or there in order to get homefield advantage. Thats just reality.

If the Saints go into NE and win, you start to wonder where their losses may come from (outside of our Dec matchup of course)