Did trading for Howell close the door on a 1st round QB?

Did trading for Howell close the door on a 1st round QB?

• Yes.

Votes: 50 49.5%
  • No.

Votes: 51 50.5%

• Total voters

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Do you guys know that Nix just had a top-30 visit with the Seahawks this weekend? I am starting to get optimistic.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Never say never, but I'd be really surprised if we carried (3) quarterbacks on our roster into next season.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
I think it means they don't feel a QB they like will fall to 16 and are going to try to trade back. Now could be that a QB they like does fall and can't swing a decent offer to trade down. If that happens, who knows, maybe they do draft a QB.

chris98251

Reaction score
I hope all you Pete Priscos enjoy the food, JS is dropping you all some great Bait, He looks at pretty much everyone and is savvy in bringing guys in he thinks other teams covet to get them to move to grab them also. He didn't even bring Wilson in or talk to him at the Combine, we have done that with more than a few prospects. Yet the Mediots slobber all over the visits like , it's their guy.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
Spencer Rattler has more pure QB talent/special qualities than Bo Nix, and you can get him much later.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
You're so obsessed with Seattle trading up, you refuse to consider Seattle will likely trade down and pick up a 2nd in the process.
Actually, if I had to bet, I’d say they will stay at #16 and draft a non-QB. Poles never does what I want, either. LOL

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
It is very hard to predict. About 50% of QBs drafted in first round fail, and it matters little statistically whether he’s drafted #10 or #20. If there’s a guy you believe in and can get at reasonable price, you make the deal. Watch what the Vikings do in this draft. I believe Nix and McCarthy are about equal prospects. I know that’s a minority opinion, but we’ll see what happens when they get to the NFL. Remember, Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant. Drafting QBs is a very imprecise business.
Blah blah blah.

Bo Nix isn't a top ten pick was my point and was exactly what I stated. The rest of this drivel wasted my time reading it.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
A lot of very good QBs were not drafted in the top-10, and about half of the top-10 have been busts.

There, just one sentence to read.

Jac

Reaction score
A lot of very good QBs were not drafted in the top-10, and about half of the top-10 have been busts.

There, just one sentence to read.
To your point, Nix could very well turn out to be the best of the bunch. But there's a good chance that he and Penix slip into the second, then get quickly picked up the next day (like Levis). At the same time, Minnesota and Denver are starved for a young QB to sell to their fanbases, so somebody could definitely get over-drafted. I wish the draft wasn't late April. Ready for this to be over...

chris98251

Reaction score
Guess Name a highly-competitive signal-caller who was has been very productive in a pro-style system during his career. Possesses a live arm and flashes the ability to make all the NFL throws. Displays impressive accuracy in the short passing game. Is athletic and mobile for the position and can avoid the rush and make plays outside the pocket. Has a very quick delivery.

Bo Nix could be this guy or very close, who was he? Jimmy Clausen.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think Seattle trades down cause they don’t have a second round pick.

Even if they did have a second round pick, I think Seattle, passes on a QB, with the first round, just cause, they are thinner elsewhere, than they are at QB.

Geno is not the future and Howell, may or may not be himself, but Seattle, could use the early picks to get some difference makers on the line which is needed before they need a different QB…

nwHawk

Reaction score
QB, WR and offensive tackle are stacked at the top of this draft. Sprinkle in a few pass rushers too.

I see Hawks trying to trade down about 8-10 spots. BPA. You need multiple swings at this draft.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pretty soon, time for some predict the 1st round threads. So fun to go back and look at.
Currently, I'm leaning towards them dropping down to around 22 to pick up and extra pick.

flv2

Reaction score
The Seahawks will have multiple plans for what they want to do with each pick in the Draft. Their plans will obviously have to be flexible, but if a player they want is available at the right pick/compensation price they'll make that move. Same for every other team. There isn't 1 player on the Seahawks roster that is so valuable that you wouldn't want to pick his replacement, and that includes Smith. I have no idea what the Seahawks will do. Logic tells me they need help on defense.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Absolutely not. they have a big board and if there are QB's on it and they are available they will take one. They are too valuable to pass up.