Did Mariners relay tipped pitch on Moore HR?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Because that's the only possible way they could have hit a 2 run home run and won the game, right? :p
(Yankees Pitcher) Schmidt said Rojas “was definitely, probably relaying some signs there at second and obviously it paid off for them. They got two runs on it. But I was able to make adjustments after we saw the video and just part of the game. Another factor in it.”
Watch the video, you'll see them allude to Rojas with a quick head turn to the left. I'm pretty sure he was just checking his distance from 2nd base, and the position of the 2nd baseman.

Salk then had some fun at the expense of the Yankees and their fans after Drayer’s response.

“It’s the only way a Mariner could possibly have hit a home run against the Yankees. He must have had some help,” Salk said sarcastically. “There’s no other way it could have happened, because after all, (Schmidt) is a Yankee wearing those pinstripes.”

Ruminator

Reaction score
That'd put a huge chip on my shoulder to beat the Yanks every game home and away this year.

sutz

Reaction score
Were any trashcans involved? If not, no problem. ;);)

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I have no problems with teams stealing signs ( football or baseball) with baseball 1/2 the hitters would rather not know mostly due to the information might be wrong and would rather be on their own

sutz

Reaction score
Aren't they supposed to use alternate signs with a runner on second?
This isn't about "signs." Almost all pitchers are now using the pitch com, so there are no signs from the catcher. What they're talking about is tells. In this case, it's about how well the pitcher hides the ball and his grip from the runner. The claim here is that Rojas was seeing the pitcher's grip and signalling to the batter what pitch was coming.

The pitcher needs to conceal the ball in his glove better.