Did anyone else notice Bradshaw's gaffe?

blue 22

Reaction score
Who cares? Always gotta have something to bitch about I guess.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
I can't stand Bradshaw. I grew up in Denver as a Broncos fan, and Bradshaw never missed an opportunity to bash John Elway.

Bradshaw hated the fact that Elway, as a legitimate 2-sport athlete just like Russell Wilson, had the leverage he needed to tell the Baltimore Colts not to draft him with the #1 pick or he would play for the Yankees.

I think Bradshaw was jealous of Elway's big initial contract, not to mention his big head of hair. Over the years, he's relished in bashing Elway.

The guy is a clown plain and simple; he's an idiot, and he rarely has any "takes" worth listening to. The fact that he screwed up summarizing the Seahawks' HOF roster is just another example or his clownishness.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I did, but I didn't really get to up in arms about it. He did a great job during the rest of the presentation.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I've learned a long time ago to lower my expectations of former player commentators. It's for that reason I have a hard time watching too much of the NFL network.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":3l6egxjw said:
The guy is a clown plain and simple; he's an idiot, and he rarely has any "takes" worth listening to. The fact that he screwed up summarizing the Seahawks' HOF roster is just another example or his clownishness.

I've long since tired of Bradshaw's Hee Haw routine. I usually mute it out or change channels when I see him on the tube. I honestly think that his clownish behavior is an ego defense mechanism with him, that he understands that he has an intellectual inferiority to others, so in order to cover for his lack of intelligent thoughts, he tries to be a comedian and make people laugh in order to distract them from his weakness.

A

Anonymous

Not only did I hear the gaffe, but I was surprised Largent didn't work in something on behalf of the two other gentlemen in his esteemed club.

He's a politician, it could have been done.

Hoping people weren't paying attention is a hell of a lot worse than redeeming his colleagues while millions listen.

C'mon Steve.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
There is a time and a place for admonishments from colleagues. In front of a lot of fans that may or not know there are more than one HOFer for any one team is probably not the correct place to do it. Yes Steve could have mentioned the 2 friends of his that were in the stands enjoying the game with him and the Crowd would have rejoiced aloud again and Terry would have looked like a complete Bronco. But there is a proper place and time for that, and that was not the time or place. The team and fans were celebrating a win and that is the point of the discussion.

On a personal note. I once met a general at our radar with my commander. My commander made an error in what the radar could do and I corrected him on the spot in front of his BOSS. I was chastised by my cohorts but not by the commander. I think that the situation ended up correctly. My commander may have said something that could have been transferred to a higher boss that would be incorrect. There is a time and a place for it tho. Me and my Commander remained friends for many years and I even visited him in Vegas a couple times before he passed on. Last time in vegas for a vacation 3 years ago, I talked to his wife who is still a friend. We played golf several times in the Philippines. Good times back then. Go Hawks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I heard it and I was immediately questioning what he heard, so I rewound it and listened again and heard it the exact same way. Then I realized it's Bradshaw. He was likely thinking 1st and said only. it's not unlike him to get his words confused. He's definitely not the brightest bulb.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1w0wj2eb said:
Not only did I hear the gaffe, but I was surprised Largent didn't work in something on behalf of the two other gentlemen in his esteemed club.

He's a politician, it could have been done.

Hoping people weren't paying attention is a hell of a lot worse than redeeming his colleagues while millions listen.

C'mon Steve.

I agree with Seahawkfan80. Largent wasn't about to correct the Master of Ceremonies on national television. It would be like saying "pardon me, Terry, but your fly is unzipped." Besides, the event wasn't about past Hawks like Largent, Tez, and Walt. It was about Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Pete Carroll, the 12's, et al. Why get picky with to what everyone outside twelve land is the answer to a football trivia question?

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Between the clinical depression and him reporting earlier last year he has short term memory/concentration issues the gaffe didn't surprise me. The guy seems pretty down to earth and I feel for him. I cant imagine he will be doing broadcasting much more then a couple more years. Hes harmless and cares a lot for others. I do feel for the guy with everything he is dealing with.

Here is a quote from the article i linked below that may help enlighten some.
Toward the end of last season on the FOX pregame show, maybe the last six weeks, I really started to forget things. That’s why I quit reciting statistics because I couldn't remember them exactly and I stayed away from mentioning some players by name because I really wasn't sure and I didn't want to make a mistake. I’m on national TV in front of millions and I hate making mistakes. I told the people in Ruston that I suffered six concussions and numerous head injuries. I think that’s right, but I’m not really sure.

The memory loss made me jittery at times. It was driving me crazy that I couldn’t remember something that I studied the night before. All it did was trigger my anxiety and all of sudden everything would snowball on me. I know I have depression and it’s a horrible disease. This memory loss just made my depression worse.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...concussions-short-term-memory-concerns-041211

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":1sve0s36 said:
Between the clinical depression and him reporting earlier last year he has short term memory/concentration issues the gaffe didn't surprise me. The guy seems pretty down to earth and I feel for him. I cant imagine he will be doing broadcasting much more then a couple more years. Hes harmless and cares a lot for others. I do feel for the guy with everything he is dealing with.

Toward the end of last season on the FOX pregame show, maybe the last six weeks, I really started to forget things. That’s why I quit reciting statistics because I couldn't remember them exactly and I stayed away from mentioning some players by name because I really wasn't sure and I didn't want to make a mistake. I’m on national TV in front of millions and I hate making mistakes. I told the people in Ruston that I suffered six concussions and numerous head injuries. I think that’s right, but I’m not really sure.

The memory loss made me jittery at times. It was driving me crazy that I couldn’t remember something that I studied the night before. All it did was trigger my anxiety and all of sudden everything would snowball on me. I know I have depression and it’s a horrible disease. This memory loss just made my depression worse.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...concussions-short-term-memory-concerns-041211

I don't want to minimize Bradshaw's condition or indicate in any way that I don't believe that he has some mental difficulties and that it might be related to concussions.

But anyone that like me that has followed his career from when he was a rookie can tell you that it isn't just in recent years that he's been absent minded. And it's not as if he couldn't remember an exact stat or forgot a couple of names, it's that he forgot, or didn't know, that the Seahawks had 3 players in the HOF, not just one. Walt and Tez were recently inducted, and I'm sure that being a HOF member himself, he must have met with them and welcome them into the club. It was a pretty big gaffe.

If his condition is that bad, I wonder why Fox puts him into a situation like that in the first place.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":3edn61at said:
Bigbadhawk":3edn61at said:

I don't want to minimize Bradshaw's condition or indicate in any way that I don't believe that he has some mental difficulties and that it might be related to concussions.

But anyone that like me that has followed his career from when he was a rookie can tell you that it isn't just in recent years that he's been absent minded. And it's not as if he couldn't remember an exact stat or forgot a couple of names, it's that he forgot, or didn't know, that the Seahawks had 3 players in the HOF, not just one. Walt and Tez were recently inducted, and I'm sure that being a HOF member himself, he must have met with them and welcome them into the club. It was a pretty big gaffe.

If his condition is that bad, I wonder why Fox puts him into a situation like that in the first place.

Yeah I wonder the same thing, why put him in situations that have him in the spotlight.

AVL

Reaction score
Too many concussions. After years of despising Bradshaw I've grown to admire his deserved self depreciation.

McStain

Reaction score
When I saw this thread I figured it was about him choosing the Packers and Colts to win....

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
AVL":prbl8x3k said:
Too many concussions.

Nope. If you followed his career from when he first broke into the league like I have, you would realize that he's always been that absent minded.