Damn, this remaster is CLEAN.

LargentFan

Reaction score
This is great. The clean-up job on the footage is a little weird, but still looks neat. Gotta love seeing Raible out there!

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I wish there was an actual NFL library somewhere with the full broadcast of all Seahawks games. NFL Sunday Ticket only goes back to 2009 or something.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Can they do up the end zones all oldschool font for the throwback game? Or is that too short notice, against the rules, or what?

That'd be bomb.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I thought I saw David Whitehurst name flash while scanning through the video. Isn't David, Clipboard Jesus' father?

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Wow...that's a blast from the past. I can't believe that was 45 years ago. This was back when you could legally tackle anyone, even the QB, and CBs could actually touch a receiver. I understand the need to make the game safer, but I do miss the old days when football was a simple game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man that was such a treat. Us OG diehards look at that like crack. The remastering was masterful. I swear that’s how it looked to me as a kid.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
There's an early-days game I really want to see. I never saw it, but it affected my life.

On the 30th of October of 1977, the Seahawks hosted the Buffalo Bills. That game wasn't on the local channels in southern Maine (we had: channel 6/WCSH, an NBC affiliate in Portland; channel 8/WMTW, an ABC affiliate in Poland Springs and with some facility on top of Mount Washington - hence the "MTW" in the call letters - in New Hampshire; channel 11/WENH, a PBS station in Durham, New Hampshire; and channel 13/WGAN, a CBS affiliate in Portland). I wasn't interested in whatever game my dad was watching, so I was playing outside. During the game my dad was watching, they'd occasionally report scoring plays from the Bills-Seahawks game, and my dad would come outside and tell me, because it was score after score after score for the Seahawks. By halftime, the Seahawks were up 42-3.

At halftime, some other kids from the neighborhood came by to make sure I knew what was going on.

The score got as good as 49-3, and after some garbage-time scoring, the final score was 56-17.

The next day was crazy. At the school-bus stop in the morning with the other kids from my street, it wasn't surprising that the topic of discussion would be the Seahawks' huge game. My neighbors knew i was a Seahawks fan and we played and talked about football a lot. But then on the bus, kids kept mentioning the game to me. On the playground when we got to school, more kids were coming up and starting or joining conversations with me about the game. Like I said, it was crazy.

I was in Mrs. Martin's third-grade class, and in that classroom too, classmates came up to me and talked about the game. In the hallways of Park Street School, in the cafeteria/gym (one big space that served both functions), on the playground at recess, in the line for the bus at the end of the school day, and on the bus on the way back home, kids kept mentioning the game to me. I don't know exactly how it happened, but it seemed like even though I had only been a Seahawks fan for a little over a year, every kid in town somehow knew about it. I was known as the town's Seahawks fan.

I forget that that game was the day before Halloween (we didn't wear costumes to school), and I don't remember what highlights of it I saw on news broadcasts the night of the game and the next morning, or if I managed to see the highlights at halftime of the Monday-night game (probably - there were a few times when I slept before the highlights from a big Seahawks game, but my dad woke me up to see them before putting me to bed), but I never forget the score, nor the experience of having what felt like every kid I saw say something about the Bills-Seahawks game. I'm hoping that game will show up on YouTube at some point so I can actually watch it.

keasley45

Reaction score
Just watched the whole thing. THANKS!! Did Patera even know anything about football? I swear everytime I saw him he was just pacing the sidelines, spectating more than coaching anything.