D List FOX Crew...

chris98251

Reaction score
replicant":1zlc31sd said:
Aros":1zlc31sd said:
Ugh. List your beefs here.

Siragusa: "...And that all starts with Russell Williams." :34853_doh:

One of the announcers says "Cliff Avery" instead if "Cliff Avril"...

And on and on...

Yeah, with as much love that Siragusa heaped on Wilson, you would think he would know his last name.
Like people implied, he must have been kicking back on grandpa's cough medicine.

Hell Tony has to be told his own last name before every game, what are you expecting, he is looking at the menus when others are looking at the rosters, except Pam Oliver who's at the Dog Groomers.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":1q6sdlz7 said:
replicant":1q6sdlz7 said:
Aros":1q6sdlz7 said:
Ugh. List your beefs here.

Siragusa: "...And that all starts with Russell Williams." :34853_doh:

One of the announcers says "Cliff Avery" instead if "Cliff Avril"...

And on and on...

Yeah, with as much love that Siragusa heaped on Wilson, you would think he would know his last name.
Like people implied, he must have been kicking back on grandpa's cough medicine.

Hell Tony has to be told his own last name before every game, what are you expecting, he is looking at the menus when others are looking at the rosters, except Pam Oliver who's at the Dog Groomers.
I literally LOL'd Chris. Nice.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One last mention as I re-watch the game...

The head announcer, whatever his name is, drove me nuts with his lack of vocal inflection. In other words, the better announcers out there (yes Joe Buck is one of the best at this) will rise their voice when a good play takes place.

This cat did not change his inflection whether it was a 1 yard gain or 49 yard touchdown.

BLECK!!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Steve Raible "Raibs" is a master at the inflection by the way.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
When I heard Tony call Wilson, Williams, first thing I thought was someone from .Net is going to bring that up. :lol:

Pretty sure it was just an honest flub. It happens.

Now. Phil Simms? He's just purty much a spaz. I've never heard anyone be more wrong, more often, than him.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":2boiy5wx said:
When I heard Tony call Wilson, Williams, first thing I thought was someone from .Net is going to bring that up. :lol:

Well of course! However you have to admit, that's piss poor planning to mispronounce such a star player in this league right now. It's not like he had a tough gig.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Aros":yhc7q7j5 said:
400WattHPSHawk":yhc7q7j5 said:

Well of course! However you have to admit, that's piss poor planning to mispronounce such a star player in this league right now. It's not like he had a tough gig.

I thought he was going to catch his mistake really. But he didn't.

Williams. Wilson. Williams . Wilson. Russell Williams.

I agree it is pretty lame to screw such a high profile players name up.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":36uzeemn said:

Honestly I don't mean to pile on but this really bugs me. I get that Goose probably wouldn't register in the upper end of the IQ spectrum but really? Who the hell would mispronounce Russell's name 4 years into his amazing career?

djb28

Reaction score
People really have issues with NFL announcers here. I just watch the game and could care less. I cant get my own childs name right half the time. :vodka:

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Aros":27iiknxb said:
400WattHPSHawk":27iiknxb said:

Honestly I don't mean to pile on but this really bugs me. I get that Goose probably wouldn't register in the upper end of the IQ spectrum but really? Who the hell would mispronounce Russell's name 4 years into his amazing career?

Kinda crazy what empty heads can achieve, huh? Especially when Williams is playing at or above the level of say a Tom Bradley or a Peyton Mathews (in his prime of course)

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
This was the worst announcing crew I have ever listened to. They were constantly droning on about things completely unrelated to the game. Then constantly tempering any praise for the Seahawks with "but they are playing terrible teams." And multiple times talking about how the 2nd rated defense really isn't that good because the top tier QBS have had success against them.

Then there was the comment about Dujuan Harris "playing with avengance" following a mildly impressive 3 yard carry. Mildly impressive because he averaged 2.3 yards on the day.

90% of the things they said made no sense. I almost want to go back and replay the game with just sound for laughs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Thom Brennaman is awful. He was also the play by play guy against the Cowboys and many thought he was Joe Buck, since he was paired with Aikman.

FOX's best crew is Burkhardt and Lynch. I enjoy Buck and Aikman too, but the rest of FOX's crews leave a lot to be desired.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3le81gk3 said:
seahawksny":3le81gk3 said:
I'm sure CBS give us the bottom of the barrel next week with Cleveland coming also
Oh yeah. Could be even worse than today.

Most definitely could be worse. I looked ahead on my local station (in Anchorage) and so far it's not even listed as being on the air here. The local CBS station is planning to show the pittsburgh/denver game. UGH