Current uniforms

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Anyone else want a uniform update?

I would love it if Seattle goes back to the original blue and silver with the original logo! Or something new would be welcomed by me.

Always preferred the original classic look over the current color scheme and logo.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that four out of five hawks fans prefer the classic uniforms to the current ones. My fear is that they would do something stupid like bring back the classic color scheme but keep the current hawk to give it a bit of a modern touch. I say screw that -- go back to the unis just the way they were in the 80s. If this off-season is going to mark some dramatic changes, this would be the time to do it. I don't dislike the current unis by the way. I think they are definitely better than the Holmgren era unis. Those were the worst. They looked like pajamas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
James in PA":32w8f4d8 said:
I'd be willing to bet that four out of five hawks fans prefer the classic uniforms to the current ones. My fear is that they would do something stupid like bring back the classic color scheme but keep the current hawk to give it a bit of a modern touch. I say screw that -- go back to the unis just the way they were in the 80s. If this off-season is going to mark some dramatic changes, this would be the time to do it. I don't dislike the current unis by the way. I think they are definitely better than the Holmgren era unis. Those were the worst. They looked like pajamas.

Seconded!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
New uniforms work perfectly.

The throwbacks would look drab as true silver is impossible to obtain with the current materials of the pants, making grey the only real option. Furthermore, the uniforms would look more drab than they did over the glowing turf of the Kingdome. The neon green and bright grey are needed to contrast against the grey atmosphere.

I do think they should move to navy over grey as the home set rather than monochrome navy.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
James in PA":1g4hyd3f said:

As a logo designer myself, using the old logo for anything other than "throwback" purposes would be criminal. We love it for nostalgic reasons, but the current iteration is objectively a better logo for 99.9% of applications.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
hgwellz12":xwuqrne2 said:
James in PA":xwuqrne2 said:

As a logo designer myself, using the old logo for anything other than "throwback" purposes would be criminal. We love it for nostalgic reasons, but the current iteration is objectively a better logo for 99.9% of applications.
I agree and I'll add that the old uni's carry all the old losing. I think Mariners need a revamp in a similar fashion to wash away the suck.

I'd be open to a new Seahawk uniform using the old colors potentially, but it'd be tough to pull off

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Something new and fresh. 'Tron'-like, but not the bold neon, more subdued. Also, get rid of the feathers.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I love the old uni's but to just use them as they were today?No
There have been graphics posted on here using the old scheme
with a very modern touch and they looked great.
I'd be all for those.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I personally love our current uniforms (minus the all neon green "glowsticks"). And this is an old timer who grew up and ADORED our classic colors and uniforms. I'm all for bringing the retros back BUT in limited games, like the current policy where teams can play a handful of games in their retros. I dig that. Plus it makes it more special to see them once in awhile, not a complete replacement back to them.

And now starting in 2022, teams are permitted to use more than one helmet so we can actually have the silver helmets of our retros...Something we were unable to do before this up coming season.

I wouldn't be opposed to "tweaks" to the current unis...But overall I dig the colors, the logo, the look.

notyou

Reaction score
Hopefully they replace the neon green with a throwback set for next season.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
No need to go back to the old logo ... just do silver helmets with the new logo
Same home and away blue and white jerseys and wolf grey pants with solid blue socks ...
The all blues , all grey , all white and all neon green as alternates...

morgulon1

Reaction score
jerseyhawk":2wnieup2 said:
Same home and away blue and white jerseys and wolf grey pants with solid blue socks ...

I like this idea.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
James in PA":2w20wt19 said:
I'd be willing to bet that four out of five hawks fans prefer the classic uniforms to the current ones.

I'd be willing to bet that stat highly depends on the age group of said fans. The Seahawk "classic" uniforms does not carry any kind of legacy like the Packers or Raiders, and especially with the LOB and the ONE SB win coming out of the current uniform. The current uniform was designed with the idea of fast, speed, sharp, edgy, etc which in a lot of ways truly reflects what that LOB team is/was which can we fairly say is the best Seahawk team in history and possibly one of the best teams in NFL history? So to be honest...No I bet the majority of hawk fans of all ages (and new and upcoming fans, like the kids who were watching that 2012-2014 team) will have way more love for the current uniforms vs the classics that existed before they were born or even had memories.

I'm almost 40, I'm neither young or old. I'm probably young compared to the majority of posters here. I'd like to say that my age group +/- 10 years makes up the majority of the stadium currently. That being said I don't even have much care about the "classics" other than they are retro cool for once in a while, I can guarantee you my almost 10 year old child and all the kids in her age group +/- 5 years also give zero Fs about the classic uniforms..and like it or not they are the future of the Seahawk fanbase.

Uniform designs are going to continue to follow modern trends of design. They tend not to go back to anything unless there's just so much legacy there they can't be ignored, but that being said in the grand scheme of the NFL and Seahawks fans worldwide that extend beyond die hard seahawk fans from the original years, I hate to say it but I truly doubt there is that much over whelming love for the classic uniforms. It may only appear that way depending on the crowd you surround yourself by. Is your overall social community network much older legacy Seahawk fans? then it would appear so. But most likely far from reality.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ZagHawk":37xhpa2a said:
I'd be willing to bet that stat highly depends on the age group of said fans. The Seahawk "classic" uniforms does not carry any kind of legacy like the Packers or Raiders, and especially with the LOB and the ONE SB win coming out of the current uniform. The current uniform was designed with the idea of fast, speed, sharp, edgy, etc which in a lot of ways truly reflects what that LOB team is/was which can we fairly say is the best Seahawk team in history and possibly one of the best teams in NFL history? So to be honest...No I bet the majority of hawk fans of all ages (and new and upcoming fans, like the kids who were watching that 2012-2014 team) will have way more love for the current uniforms vs the classics that existed before they were born or even had memories.

I'm almost 40, I'm neither young or old. I'm probably young compared to the majority of posters here. I'd like to say that my age group +/- 10 years makes up the majority of the stadium currently. That being said I don't even have much care about the "classics" other than they are retro cool for once in a while, I can guarantee you my almost 10 year old child and all the kids in her age group +/- 5 years also give zero Fs about the classic uniforms..and like it or not they are the future of the Seahawk fanbase.

Uniform designs are going to continue to follow modern trends of design. They tend not to go back to anything unless there's just so much legacy there they can't be ignored, but that being said in the grand scheme of the NFL and Seahawks fans worldwide that extend beyond die hard seahawk fans from the original years, I hate to say it but I truly doubt there is that much over whelming love for the classic uniforms. It may only appear that way depending on the crowd you surround yourself by. Is your overall social community network much older legacy Seahawk fans? then it would appear so. But most likely far from reality.

I agree completely. I am 53, so indeed, I am more apt to have an emotional investment in those old uniforms. It reminds me of my childhood and the immense passion I had for the Seahawks growing up. And truth be told, I really do think they were pretty dang slick looking for their time! The royal blue with giant white numbers, the silver helmets and Pacific Northwest Native American blue and green Hawk logo really popped! Sure beat those Creamcicles our sister 1976 expansion team the Bucs rolled out with!

But indeed, newer generations are going to prefer these current uniforms, the least of which being because of the immense success we have had in them. Outside of a few decent years, the retro uniforms come with a lot of baggage of losing and mediocrity and NFL irrelevance. There's no storied history to them like the Packers, Raiders, etc...

I still would love to see them for nostalgia sake. Once or twice a year. That would satiate me. I also like the idea that jerseyhawk had about incorporating the silver helmet with the new logo as a hybrid or alternative uniform. I am so damn glad the NFL finally gave up their ridiculous "one helmet" rule so teams can have alternate colored helmets/logos.

I still love our current uniforms! I'm not down for change for the sake of change, but I am certainly open to tweaks and updates here and there. Obviously I am terribly biased but I firmly believe we have the coolest uni's and logo in the league.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
jerseyhawk":15uqerxc said:
Yeah, I'm good with a silver helmet with the current logo. Current logo is just better. I do think some of the current logo with classic colors looks cool, but not going all the way back to the old logo.

I do want them to start bringing back the old unis for a few throwback games, that'd be cool, but otherwise I think our current uniforms are fine. (Well, not the all-green, though. Those are so hideous.)

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
notyou":1pl7i5a6 said:
Hopefully they replace the neon green with a throwback set for next season.
I'd be OK with a new green. I like the neon better than the old green though. I'd like to see a darker green and whatever blue goes best with it well

QuahHawk

Reaction score
https://images.app.goo.gl/KPW53t6vAYTkUdNy8

KPW53t6vAYTkUdNy8

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
^
That actually looks pretty nice. Would like to see a real one in action.