Cross is rated as the best pass protector in the draft

Smellyman

Reaction score
If you really want Charles Cross then why not wait until you can get Abe Lucas. To me, they are sort of the same players. They both excel as pass-blockers and don't excel in the run game.

Do these profiles really go in the top 10? I think Cross is ok and is going to be in the middle of the pack for LT or RT once he settles in the NFL. Nothing wrong with that. But why not go bigger? So many other players you can get or even trade back.

Many like Cross but Ray Roberts had an article on 710 and he did not endorse Cross. C.C is too finesse. He's not that explosive as of an athlete. Worse of all if he doesn't block the way Pete wants his OL to run block. I'll trust a former NFL lineman to know what he's talking about.
I would love them to do both.

Draft Abe and have your LT and RTs for hopefully long time

CPHawk

Reaction score
Pass blocking is usually an OL worst trait coming out of college. Run blocking is easy to learn compared to having to learn to pass block. At least he’s a legit OT. A few years ago we would have taken Davis and moved him to LT from the DL.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I think making offensive linemen a priority in this draft will not only be optimal for us moving forward, but also an appropriate message to Russ for leaving us in the dust. RW3's salary cap # will not allow that Bronco O-line & defense to stay together for long. We all know Russell's low rookie deal was the catalyst for winning SB XLVlll.

Additionally, I expect the Donkeys' offensive line to suddenly and mysteriously get a lot worse this season.

Latest posts