Cowherd on Seahawks and Pete

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":55jcu087 said:
Sgt. Largent":55jcu087 said:
Bigpumpkin":55jcu087 said:
The bottom line question is .....when will ownership do something?

We shall see, but there's been no indication that Jody or the powers that be at Vulcan have lost any faith in Pete.

Not that we'd be privy to this sort of inside rumblings, so we'll see after the season I guess.

All I know is if the losing continues, we miss the playoffs AND hand the Jets a top 10 pick and there isn't any drastic changes at the top of this organization? We're doomed.

Pete's job was absolutely on the line when the defense was bad, that was his supposed core competence. If the defense continues to be bad rest of the season, Pete will be send packing.

The intriguing part was Geno starting to stable down, he was playing like the next T-jack. Not franchise QB, far from being Russ, what if he could hold down 8-9 or 7-10 seasons. If the defense play consistently like how they played GB, Pete could present to Jody that his system of good defense, and good enough offense even with a sub standard journeyman QB could produce 0.5 winning % and John has good eyes for QB. Jody will face a choice of staying with something at worst 0.5% or take a risk to hire a new HC and start over. Jed York went though Mike Nolan, Singletary, Harbaugh, Tomsula before finding Kyle. Does Jody want to go though that kind of drama and make her the most hated in Seattle?

But we will never know, Russ rushed back.

Maybe if Pete stays, he needs to trade Russell for three 1st rounders and just become the Titans.

You wanna play lights out defense and ram the ball down people's throats? Then trade Russell, go get a 20M a year game manager like Tannehill so you can invest all your cap in a top RB and the defensive side of the ball.

I've never wavered on identity, which is really the problem we've had since Russell got paid........we're caught in this tug of war with Pete wanting to be the above, but paying his QB 35M a year and wanting the team and offense to run through what he wants to do, which is pass it all over the field.

So either Pete goes, we keep Russell and find a young offensive minded coach..........or if Pete stays, trade Russell for picks and go build another Titans.

Latest posts