Could they cut Eskridge?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I was at the Colts game when he got slaughtered and it was ugly
I saw like 6-7 all go out of bounds and thought why are they still there?
It just was bad for him from the start,he is kinda like a Procise and Penny
Their bodies are just glass in the NFL.
I'm not nice like Pete is..You can't play-It's time to go.

Scout

Reaction score
Eskridge has wheels but he is simply not a refined receiver or a guy that is going to dominate on tape. Against lesser competition he can outrun people but against superior opponents aka NFL he looks very ordinary so far. Keep in mind for a lot of WRs the third season is when it really clicks. The more special WRs tend to hit the ground running in year 1 or year 2 of NFL careers.

bileever

Reaction score
The guy played only 168 snaps last year, and no games after week 9. I think we have to see what he can do in year 3 when healthy. It's too early to say he's injury prone or that he's a bust. If he can stay healthy, and if he's learned how to play the position in the NFL, he might turn out to be a serviceable piece.

flv2

Reaction score
With a 90-man preseason roster the Seahawks will have 9+ WRs and 3+ QBs in camp. Maybe cutting Eskridge for a #10 WR, (or lower), would be beneficial, but it's really unlikely. If cut before August i'm pretty sure Eskridge would be claimed off waivers and there would be no opportunity to go back to him. That #10 WR is more likely to be there all through preseason.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I doubt he'd be cut until final cuts, but for sure it's time for the 'invisible 2nd round WR' on the roster to show up or risk being cut is certainly possible.

He's certainly been like a number of other recent draft picks, has been unable to stay healthy, and now time is running out on him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
At this stage I am convinced a UDFA rookie scrub will be just as good.

There are going to be quite a few WR on the roster once we make it through the draft and sign the UDFA. I just look at Eskridge right now, as one more camp body with long odds to make the team. If they can find someone who they want to sign and need the roster spot, then we can cut him then, but until then, no reason not to hold onto him.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'm not sure why fans get bothered by keeping poorly developing draft choices on the roster. You need bodies on the roster and a draft bust at a rookie salary who knows the playbook is no less valuable than another team's practice squad player or some street free agent.

If we held onto collier too long, what does that say about ARI, the team that signed him to an actual contract?

Eskridge has physical talent but he clearly doesn't have what it takes between the ears to excel at this level. But that still makes him a decent depth guy on a pretty cheap rookie contract.

Bad draft choice but I blame COVID. Hard to evaluate these guys without all the one on one contact they usually get.