Cornerback need?

Do you feel we need corner help this offseason?

• Yes, I want one of the top rated corners in round 1 or 2

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Yes, I want a corner on day three

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Yes, but pick up a free agent

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • No, we are fine signing our ERFAs

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • No, let Jackson walk, we will be fine without him

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mick063

Reaction score
Jackson and Woolen are sufficiently good enough. Focus on stopping the run.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Great safeties would help. But let's be clear just how fantastic the secondary has been given how little help they have gotten from their DL.
If the DL does not get pressure on the QB, the QB has a lot easier time locating the secondary and finding holes in the defense.

I think we would find that our corners are solid to fantastic, if we gave them any kind of pressure on the QB to support them.
Frankly, with how bad our DC is, it is surprising they have been this good....
Not sure piling more CBs into our roster, when we have a few already - is the highest priority right now.

Last edited:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Currently the CB position is one of the deepest positions on the team. Woolen is a bona fide starter. Tre Brown and Coby Bryant by most assessments are good corners, albeit young but their upside is promising. The CBs currently on the roster are the best we have seen top to bottom since the days of the LOB. Now please don’t read into that that I think they are as good as the LOB. Just that the position Finally has some real potential to work with.

There is good depth at CB, almost as deep as it was before the LOB was the LOB. If my memory serves me, there were guys cut back in 2012 that were picked up and started for other teams.

With all the holes on this team, CB would be about the last position I would be looking to fill. I think the poll questions in this thread are highly skewed thinking that CB is a weak spot. How about adding an option that states no need to address, there is talent there.

Now if we want to talk about the safety positions that’s another story. Too many questions there for my taste.

The defensive backfield will see a huge bump in effectiveness with major upgrades on the d line.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
Currently the CB position is one of the deepest positions on the team. Woolen is a bona fide starter. Tre Brown and Coby Bryant by most assessments are good corners, albeit young but their upside is promising. The CBs currently on the roster are the best we have seen top to bottom since the days of the LOB. Now please don’t read into that that I think they are as good as the LOB. Just that the position Finally has some real potential to work with.

There is good depth at CB, almost as deep as it was before the LOB was the LOB. If my memory serves me, there were guys cut back in 2012 that were picked up and started for other teams.

With all the holes on this team, CB would be about the last position I would be looking to fill. I think the poll questions in this thread are highly skewed thinking that CB is a weak spot. How about adding an option that states no need to address, there is talent there.

Now if we want to talk about the safety positions that’s another story. Too many questions there for my taste.

The defensive backfield will see a huge bump in effectiveness with major upgrades on the d line.
That is pretty much the last two options. It boils down to whether you want Jackson back or if let him walk to say we already have talent there.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This draft is loaded at three positions we don't really need; CB, WR and TE. Does that matter though?

Players we draft may benefit our team into the next decade if we hit on them. At the same time, the high injury rate in the NFL makes it difficult to forecast needs even in the current season. How much do the answers to this poll change if Woolen pulls a hamstring in game 1? It's difficult to project needs later this year and impossible to do so multiple seasons from now.

Drafting for talent rather than need maximizes the long-term benefits of the draft and is the better route to take unless you're really set on maximizing a championship window at the expense of the future.