Congratulations to the rams on their Super Bowl victory!!

hawk45

Reaction score
The time to point and laugh at the Rams is no after they swept you and you looked pathetic IMO.

I saw a team riding the edge of legality but I saw a team hitting harder period.
I can't quite contort myself to where the Rams player and fan excitement over the game is ridicule worthy and our team's lackluster performance is because we are such a better organization. I mean there are elements of truth buried in there but really really far down.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2er6gikp said:
^^^ Said it was on a smaller scale, which you may have missed.

And anyway, let's be honest: If at the time Hawks fans knew their team would be winning its first Super Bowl the following year they probably wouldn't have been as excited over an ultimately pretty meaningless regular season win over a team that at the time was the class of the division.

Trust me, if the Rams win the SB next year they'll quickly forget about this last Sunday too.

One of the things that made Sunday's win enjoyable is quite simply how many Hawk fans were just convinced the Rams could not beat them at home or sweep them.

Rams aren't in position yet to think about when they win a SB again, but ALL of these 3 conseclutive wins the last 3 weeks felt good after a 5 week spin out of losing and discouragement. We already know our team is not going to the play-offs (so I fail to see why Hawk fans think this is a clever insult) - but, seeing the Rams win as the (bad) season is ending gives promise for next year.

If Rams win next week: Ending on a 4 game win streak is far better to me than draft pick number. I want the Rams to win every week.

What do you expect Rams' fans to feel? Same as when your team was not in the play-offs every year.....you love and support your team faithfully.

Honestly, some of the Hawk fans after this Rams win dissapoint me more than any I've seen in my three years here. Don't forget your roots.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawk45":2mxaar80 said:
The time to point and laugh at the Rams is no after they swept you and you looked pathetic IMO.

I saw a team riding the edge of legality but I saw a team hitting harder period.
I can't quite contort myself to where the Rams player and fan excitement over the game is ridicule worthy and our team's lackluster performance is because we are such a better organization. I mean there are elements of truth buried in there but really really far down.

Agree.

The Seahawks are going to the playoffs again, after 2 SB appearances. The Rams are a young and improving team who played a rival better on Sunday.

Not sure why there has to be such fire against fans of either team from either team.

Seymour

Reaction score
RedAlice":8clrmizm said:
Popeyejones":8clrmizm said:

And anyway, let's be honest: If at the time Hawks fans knew their team would be winning its first Super Bowl the following year they probably wouldn't have been as excited over an ultimately pretty meaningless regular season win over a team that at the time was the class of the division.

Trust me, if the Rams win the SB next year they'll quickly forget about this last Sunday too.

One of the things that made Sunday's win enjoyable is quite simply how many Hawk fans were just convinced the Rams could not beat them at home or sweep them.

Rams aren't in position yet to think about when they win a SB again, but ALL of these 3 conseclutive wins the last 3 weeks felt good after a 5 week spin out of losing and discouragement. We already know our team is not going to the play-offs (so I fail to see why Hawk fans think this is a clever insult) - but, seeing the Rams win as the (bad) season is ending gives promise for next year.

If Rams win next week: Ending on a 4 game win streak is far better to me than draft pick number. I want the Rams to win every week.

What do you expect Rams' fans to feel? Same as when your team was not in the play-offs every year.....you love and support your team faithfully.

Honestly, some of the Hawk fans after this Rams win dissapoint me more than any I've seen in my three years here. Don't forget your roots.

It's not just the loss to the Rams that was so frustrating for me as a fan. It's the way we lost. The team looked to have checked out in many ways. The Oline especially was difficult to even want to watch. Our Oline attempting to block the front 4 made me think this is what Helen Keller would look like in a baseball game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seymour":p3ug8l0t said:
RedAlice":p3ug8l0t said:
Popeyejones":p3ug8l0t said:

It's not just the loss to the Rams that was so frustrating for me as a fan. It's the way we lost. The team looked to have checked out in many ways. The Oline especially was difficult to even want to watch. Our Oline attempting to block the front 4 made me think this is what Helen Keller would look like in a baseball game.

Seymour - totally fair and real response as a Hawk fan. I feel for you on that, and it bothers me when Rams do the same.

Discussion or posts like this are about the game and our teams.

The comment you highlighted from me was in regards to how many Hawk fans are making fun of Rams fans for being happy we won with the various cliche responses.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RedAlice":1kuf2ff4 said:
Popeyejones":1kuf2ff4 said:

I think the original point was aimed at the douche filled behavior of the rams players and coach at the end of the game. If its a different team, maybe there is a different reaction here from Seattle fans, but Fisher and the Rams rub just about everybody in the NFL the wrong way with the cheap shots, etc.

I know that probably doesnt bother you, but it explains why it was so irritating seeing old backwards hat and his team jawing it up with fans and celebrating another end to yet another underachieving year.

Promise for next year? LOL, that's the Rams mantra every year. You have more talent than any team in the NFC west every year, and every year you crap the bed.

Next year will be more of the same.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
The Rams are dirty. They head-hunt.

Many coaches and now Bennet said it too.

Its a scum team, lead by a scum bag.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawkpower":10uaqhqt said:
RedAlice":10uaqhqt said:
Popeyejones":10uaqhqt said:

I think the original point was aimed at the douche filled behavior of the rams players and coach at the end of the game. If its a different team, maybe there is a different reaction here from Seattle fans, but Fisher and the Rams rub just about everybody in the NFL the wrong way with the cheap shots, etc.

I know that probably doesnt bother you, but it explains why it was so irritating seeing old backwards hat and his team jawing it up with fans and celebrating another end to yet another underachieving year.

Promise for next year? LOL, that's the Rams mantra every year. You have more talent than any team in the NFC west every year, and every year you crap the bed.

I'm not referring to any Hawk fans talking about their opinion of the game itself, the Rams play or the Hawks play. That's all fair discussion whether we agree or disagree.

By my disappointment, I'm referring to all of the Hawk fans who are saying Rams fans should not be happy about the win for the many cliche reasons they give. It's been a constant.

eta: I must agree with you on the better next year. Rams have sucked for over a decade. That said, it is much happier to finish the year on some wins, then go out with 9 losses. If you can't see that - well????? That is exactly my point.

Some changes are needed, but this Rams team is better than any one of them have been in a long time. Some things need changed.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RedAlice":1s614hi8 said:
Hawkpower":1s614hi8 said:
RedAlice":1s614hi8 said:
Popeyejones":1s614hi8 said:

I'm not referring to any Hawk fans talking about their opinion of the game itself, the Rams play or the Hawks play. That's all fair discussion whether we agree or disagree.

By my disappointment, I'm referring to all of the Hawk fans who are saying Rams fans should not be happy about the win for the many cliche reasons they give. It's been a constant.

eta: I must agree with you on the better next year. Rams have sucked for over a decade. That said, it is much happier to finish the year on some wins, then go out with 9 losses. If you can't see that - well????? That is exactly my point.

Some changes are needed, but this Rams team is better than any one of them have been in a long time. Some things need changed.

Seattle fans aren't insinuating that Rams fans shouldnt be happy. Wins are great, especially against a team the caliber of Seattle.

This thread and the subsequent comments were aimed primarily at the rams players who made fools of themselves on the field. A few rams fans jumped in to justify which is where it may have crossed over into some saltiness, but the point of the thread was the players, not rams fans.

When the hawks crushed the Vikings a few weeks ago, the Vikes got a random kickoff return for a TD in the waning moments of a 30 point drubbing. The guy who scored high stepped the final 30 yards and had seizures in the endzone. Looked stupid, considering the circumstances.

Should he be proud of his TD? Sure. But understand the situation and act accordingly.

Like when you beat a playoff team on your way to vacation.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
OrFan":3f5sjrmu said:
AZ_fan":3f5sjrmu said:
JSeahawks":3f5sjrmu said:
Good job boys! By the way you were celebrating on the sidelines you just won the biggest game of your lives.

Now go work on your golf games.

They ended that "Seahawks have held a lead in 62 straight games" streak... can't blame 'em for doing cartwheels.

Really? You can find stats for anything. Having a lead in a game, does that count in the win column?

They need to celebrate something. They play one more game and then sit on their couches, whatever city that may be in. They are used to this ending, it is just a little bit easier to accept that they suck this way.

Oh, you can be sure all these wannabes track each one of our records, now matter how insignificant.

****On another note, the AZ fan keeps bringing Sports Lounge and Smack Shack material into what I consider our living room. How long will this be allowed. If Radish was still here, he'd thrown out on his ass by now.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2wry1xsj said:
OrFan":2wry1xsj said:
AZ_fan":2wry1xsj said:
They ended that "Seahawks have held a lead in 62 straight games" streak... can't blame 'em for doing cartwheels.

Oh, you can be sure all these wannabes track each one of our records, now matter how insignificant.

****On another note, the AZ fan keeps bringing Sports Lounge and Smack Shack material into what I consider our living room. How long will this be allowed. If Radish was still here, he'd thrown out on his ass by now.

All I did was mention a stat that has been brought up countless times during the game broadcasts and on NFL Network every time the Seattle highlights were shown along with the one about Seattle hasn't lost by more than 10 under RW that was mentioned multiple times as well after that last TD.

Definitely doesn't make me a wannabe and for the record I left this thread yesterday and have already had discussions with the moderation staff on my posting etiquette and what goes where.

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
This whole thread is sour grapes. They beat us, guys. It's okay for that to just suck. Thankfully we get to keep playing. Better, one hopes.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":26covctq said:
Ramfan128":26covctq said:
ApnaHawk":26covctq said:
Also, Ram Fans.. One day! One day you might sniff the playoffs again.

No doubt about it. Things come and go....one day the Seahawks won't make the playoffs. Four years in a row is a nice stretch....one more and you'll match the most in your franchises history.

Three more after that and you'll match the most in Rams and Niners history ;)

Hmmm, I'm quite sure we have only missed the playoffs 4 times in over 10 years. When was the last time you were in the playoffs? Ever since we've been in the west, do you know who has the most division titles/superbowl appearances? And superbowl title?

Not the Rams.

Your response is confusing - I didn't disagree with anything you said. You've made the playoffs 6 times in 10 years, cool. The Rams have a better streak than that at some point in the past, and will again in the future. Since the Seahawks joined the NFC West, you guys have been the better team. Congrats. But things come and go, at just about every point in history before 2005, the Rams were a superior franchise to the Seahawks. You have the edge in recent history, enjoy it.

It will change eventually, so making a comment like "one day you might sniff the playoffs again" is kind of dumb. Every team will make the playoffs at some point. That comment just shows how salty you are that your team didn't beat the Rams this year.

ringless

Reaction score
Good teams lose to bad all the time. Just look at the Steelers, Cardinals, Patriots, Seahawks and Cardinals.

Just look at every season of every year except the 72 Dolphins which was well before my time. It happens. Rams deserve the credit. I don't think it's fair to say the game was meaningless for Seattle because that would mean that Pete wasnt true to his word and beliefs in "Always Compete" Saying it was the Rams Super Bowl shouldn't matter either because the Seahawks knew that going into this.

It's simple. A good team lost. It happens. It is yet to be seen whether it is a good thing or a bad thing for Seattle. In the big picture it doesnt really change things. You guys are still in the playoffs. Still a dangerous team although not as dangerous as years past. But a new season is about to start.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ringless":14kqdyac said:
Good teams lose to bad all the time. Just look at the Steelers, Cardinals, Patriots, Seahawks and Cardinals.

I think the common theme with the upsets this past weekend, is not so much good teams lose to bad teams, as these were all DIVISIONAL games.

There are just certain divisional opponents that ALWAYS give the good teams fits. Jets always know how to play the Patriots tough, same with the Ravens vs Steelers and Rams against the Hawks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Crizilla":zl5mya42 said:
Both the cards and Rams came here and won and literally acted like it was the biggest win of their lives

Well, it was their biggest wins in a very long time.

chris98251

Reaction score
It is the biggest win both teams have had here in a long time, pity is were seemingly so thinned skin that we can't take what we give.

The talk to us when you have a Ring talk that infuriated so many here by other teams is being used, nice job guys.

I also remember wanting to get past the Rams when the Greatest show on turf was running all over and how pissed we were when Isaac Bruce pulled his stunt. They have not won here since 2004, I think the odds were just up, they won, we lost, we will go on and they won't.

I think it puts a fire under our but again, not like any other playoff teams lost to inferior opponents this week.

I always wondered if we could be classy Champions and lose with some humility as a fan base. Some have, and some have not.

If we played a game where we were not tripping over ourselves to not give it away then maybe we would have a leg to stand on, we looked like doo doo, turning the ball over and not getting any in return will cost you games.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":5g8jesmt said:
It is the biggest win both teams have had here in a long time, pity is were seemingly so thinned skin that we can't take what we give.

The talk to us when you have a Ring talk that infuriated so many here by other teams is being used, nice job guys.

I also remember wanting to get past the Rams when the Greatest show on turf was running all over and how pissed we were when Isaac Bruce pulled his stunt. They have not won here since 2004, I think the odds were just up, they won, we lost, we will go on and they won't.

I think it puts a fire under our but again, not like any other playoff teams lost to inferior opponents this week.

I always wondered if we could be classy Champions and lose with some humility as a fan base. Some have, and some have not.

If we played a game where we were not tripping over ourselves to not give it away then maybe we would have a leg to stand on, we looked like doo doo, turning the ball over and not getting any in return will cost you games.

Nicely put.

Here is hope to our two games next year being a battle worth watching. Even if we are rooting for different outcomes.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawkpower":wy00cugp said:
I think the original point was aimed at the douche filled behavior of the rams players and coach at the end of the game.

Uh, wait a sec, what did they do?

Real question.

Did Aaron Donald call Wilson a sorry and mediocre QB?

Did Kenny Britt go on an extended rant about how the media are idiots for doubting him?

Seriously, what did they do that was so douchey?

I watched it and just saw a bunch of guys celebrating because they won a game they weren't supposed to win. What's douchey about that?

(edit: just as a point of clarification, I'm using the two examples above for rhetorical effect. I don't personally find them "douchey" and really don't care about stuff like that at all. Personally I find almost all of the obsession with "classiness" among a lot of NFL fans to be totally uninteresting and mostly just about sour grapes).

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Popeyejones":37qz6rkr said:
Hawkpower":37qz6rkr said:
I think the original point was aimed at the douche filled behavior of the rams players and coach at the end of the game.

Uh, wait a sec, what did they do?

Real question.

Did Aaron Donald call Wilson a sorry and mediocre QB?

Did Kenny Britt go on an extended rant about how the media are idiots for doubting him?

Seriously, what did they do that was so douchey?

I watched it and just saw a bunch of guys celebrating because they won a game they weren't supposed to win. What's douchey about that?

(edit: just as a point of clarification, I'm using the two examples above for rhetorical effect. I don't personally find them "douchey" and really don't care about stuff like that at all. Personally I find almost all of the obsession with "classiness" among a lot of NFL fans to be totally uninteresting and mostly just about sour grapes).

Its not about some arbitrary level of "class"

When players who have underachieved for the umpteenth year in a row win a fairly meaningless game, and start taunting anyone who is in eyeshot, it looks stupid.

No matter who does it.

Latest posts