Concise-ish and excellent article on "Why we're where we are".

sutz

Reaction score
One thing that seems to get overlooked sometimes. In all the back and forth about what "Pete-ball" really is there is one thing about Pete-ball that I've always appreciated. Pete-ball emphasizes fundamentals. Blocking, tackling, ball control and avoiding mistakes as much as possible.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
One thing that seems to get overlooked sometimes. In all the back and forth about what "Pete-ball" really is there is one thing about Pete-ball that I've always appreciated. Pete-ball emphasizes fundamentals. Blocking, tackling, ball control and avoiding mistakes as much as possible.
AND BALANCE

;)

Which is why I love Geno

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
And honestly - that's why I didn't really get the testing/covert/failed 3-4 defense thing, if it's so complicated. He used to (and I'm assuming still does) pride himself on running simple plays and schemes 'better' than you. He said it a million times: "we're just gonna run it simple, right at you, and faster than you". Also makes lesser skilled but athletic players 'better'.

I like the "all phases" approach - totally. Watch the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.