Colts-Pats, who ya like?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
pmedic920":2rfli8u6 said:
I don't know enough about either team to pick who I think will win.
I do however, want the Pats to win. I'm thinking about if we win the big one again. Will be very cool to have beaten Rodgers AND Brady to get our 2nd ring. Plus beating Manning and Brady in back to back Super Bowls? It don't get much better than that. If that happens IMHO we should be considered one of, if not, the BEST EVER in salary cap era.

And a a negative note, if by chance we lost the big game this year, I'd rather it be to Brady than Luck.
Obviously this is in the event we crush the souls of Packer nation on Sunday.

I agree. Plus, I like the Carroll over Belichick dynamic.

pmedic920

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1yhfmdo6 said:
pmedic920":1yhfmdo6 said:
I don't know enough about either team to pick who I think will win.
I do however, want the Pats to win. I'm thinking about if we win the big one again. Will be very cool to have beaten Rodgers AND Brady to get our 2nd ring. Plus beating Manning and Brady in back to back Super Bowls? It don't get much better than that. If that happens IMHO we should be considered one of, if not, the BEST EVER in salary cap era.

And a a negative note, if by chance we lost the big game this year, I'd rather it be to Brady than Luck.
Obviously this is in the event we crush the souls of Packer nation on Sunday.

I agree. Plus, I like the Carroll over Belichick dynamic.

That too
:{)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2narvl70 said:
Well this is a fun read in light of this game. Poor Trent Richardson. If only he could buy in enough and compete hard enough to play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-inactive-again-though-it-may-happen-sunday/
Trent has been given so many chances it's not funny..The guy for whatever reason "sucks"..The Colts can beat
the Pats..How many thought they would beat Denver?It can and does happen..I kind of want the Colts because they are my 2nd team and I believe we would crush them in the Super Bowl..I don't care if we beat Brady and Manning..We already have in other games..I just want more trophies..GO HAWKS!!!

drdiags

Reaction score
I figure the Pats will win.

Not sure who makes it more tolerable until the Bowl is over. Rodgers/Packers on this side vs any of the two AFC teams will have me avoiding most media coverage. I am sure non-Seahawks fans feel the same toward Wilson/Seahawks.

kearly

Reaction score
Luck has faced the Patriots three times. In those games he...

lost 59-24 at New England in 2012
lost 43-22 at New England in 2013 playoffs
lost 42–20 at Indianapolis on November 16th, 2014

Hard to feel great about the Colts in this one. They just got beat by 22 in their own building by the Patriots only two months ago.

As far as a deep X's and O's analysis of the matchups, I got nothin'. But I will say that so far pretty much every team I've rooted for to help the Hawks has won in the playoffs so far, and I sure as hell am not rooting for the Colts, who scare me more vs. Seattle than New England does.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have no deep analysis, but just a feeling. Vontae Davis said that they beat denver by copying pretty much 100 percent how we played Denver in the SB.
So I am guessing pagano spent the week looking at what Seattle did to New England defensively, even though it was a while back.

Plus, New England's cover 3 is pretty shaky, and Luck can hit all the cover 3 beaters. Unfortunately, he will toss a couple first half idiot passes and I will be stupid for taking the Colts.

Both previous losses boil down to the Colts giving up 250 on the ground. I think they can fix that.

So no x's and o's, just a gut feeling. Probably indigestion.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Luck and the Colts I'd prefer but I think the Pats are going to win. I like Luck alright, he's never really intimidated although the Colts have been blown out a few times this season they seem like a scrappy bunch.

taco40

Reaction score
Patriots were very good during the middle part of the season, but they look vulnerable. Wasn't really impressed by them last week. I think they will win in a close game. However, the game at Gillette Stadium is between the third and fourth best teams in the league in a similar fashion as last year's AFC championship.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I'll tell you what Scott, I like the Colts a bit less in this game than I did 24 hours ago. Trent Richardson being out for this game? Now I know they don't run the ball much, but you've got to at least have the threat of the run. You can't be 1 dimensional. You have to at least make your opponent believe you can run at any time ... and to me what's left in terms of RB's isn't all that impressive.

That said, that secondary of the Patriots is extremely vulnerable. I've posted these stats before, but they're pretty telling ...

Pass Completions of 20 Yards+ Allowed ...
Seattle Seahawks ...... 32 (#1 -- Fewest in the NFL)
Green Bay Packers ... 50 (17th in the NFL)
Indianapolis Colts ...... 54 (tied for 20th)
New England Patriots 62 (tied for 3rd MOST allowed in the NFL)

Andrew Luck is a very good deep passer ... and he will most certainly have opportunities to make plays down field. If I had to bet right now, I'd say the Patriots and Belichick will win this one ... but the Colts have a shot for sure.

rlkats

Reaction score
Colts have this one. Manning was unable to do any thing against the seattle ugh i mean colts D.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Luck will make some plays, but he's going to need a lot of them. Nobody has faced an easier slate than Indy has so far defensively. The Broncos were a trainwreck, and Andy Dalton is one of the worst postseason QBs of all time. Luck has not had to win in shootouts, but he will in this game. New England is going to break 30 for sure.

Given how interception prone Luck is in these kinds of game situations, all the Pats have to do is make a few layups and they should win big.

Largent80

Reaction score
Past performances are sometimes to be looked at and disregarded.

I like neither of these teams, but Indy just won when they were not supposed to and have done that quite a few times.

Latest posts