Coaches keep turning the Denver job down

RiverDog

Reaction score
Broncos failure was mostly due the the league leading injuries. Wilson has always struggle without a run game. Wilson force a lot of things he normally never did before. I think w/ Payton quick high percentage plays is going to help him tremendously. Along w/ getting Williams back. I wouldn't be surprise if they go after another RB that can catch.
The Broncos' rushing attack was ranked 17th in YPC, squarely in the middle of the pack. It wasn't so anemic to have caused major problems with a quarterback's passing efficiency to the point that it would explain Russell's struggles.

Implementing a high percentage passing game would be great if Payton can break Russell of his tendency to look for the home run ball. That's one of the reasons why he's holding onto the ball so long as he's unwilling to throw short and take what the defense gives him.

But if anybody can fix Russell, it's Sean Payton. This will be Payton's offense, not Russell's like it was under Hackett.

Last edited:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Broncos only lost their lead back (Williams) in week 4 and their issues got worse after that but their offensive issues surfaces even before that.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Broncos only lost their lead back (Williams) in week 4 and their issues got worse after that but their offensive issues surfaces even before that.
They lost their number 1 WR, Tim Patrick during the pre-season.

Think Geno without Tyler Lockett for the whole '22-'23 season, and Kenneth Walker III out after week 4.

rcaido

Reaction score
They lost their number 1 WR, Tim Patrick during the pre-season.

Think Geno without Tyler Lockett for the whole '22-'23 season, and Kenneth Walker III out after week 4.
They also lost their All-Pro LT Bolles week 5 all year. Then backup got hurt too. Their starting C, half the season. Also Hamler WR#3 receiver but technically #4 missed 10 games & rookie TE Dulcic missed 7 games. Lots of key injuries on offense, probably bad karma from Wilson. I think Wilson can bounce back if Williams/Patrick can come back from their injury. Broncos avoid key skill injuries

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Also the midget lost another step and cannot houdini it like he
once did.
Got face planted by Frank Clark and sacked 55 times,of course
that was somehow Pete's fault.(ha ha)
Payton is may get a game manager out of him for a time until
he wants to "cook" and then we will see who wins that power
struggle.

rcaido

Reaction score
Also the midget lost another step and cannot houdini it like he
once did.
Got face planted by Frank Clark and sacked 55 times,of course
that was somehow Pete's fault.(ha ha)
Payton is may get a game manager out of him for a time until
he wants to "cook" and then we will see who wins that power
struggle.
Yes Fields & Wilson lead the NFL in sacks but right behind him was Geno for 3rd. Geno last time as full starter for the Jets didn't get sack much. Also before Wilson & Geno, Travaris Jackson was 2nd in sack when he started for us. When he played for the Vikings he hardly got sacked. So its possible being coached by Pete for 10year...

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Yes Fields & Wilson lead the NFL in sacks but right behind him was Geno for 3rd. Geno last time as full starter for the Jets didn't get sack much. Also before Wilson & Geno, Travaris Jackson was 2nd in sack when he started for us. When he played for the Vikings he hardly got sacked. So its possible being coached by Pete for 10year...

I'm actually a little surprised at how much the people still slurping on Wilson can become indistinguishable from Wilson-slurper parody.

By sack percentage, only Fields and Wilson were over 10%, with Fields at 14.7% and Wilson at 10.2%. Smith was twelfth-worst in that category at 7.4%.

Now do how it was Carroll's fault that Wilson was among the bottom five starting QBs in 2022 by pretty much every measure.
For super-advanced level, explain to us how Wilson's shining 30th-in-the-leage 60.5% passing was Carroll's fault.

Let's ride!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Geno had rookie tackles,shit for center and Gabe Jackson.
Still he played all the games and took 9 less sacks.
I'm going by last year and nothing else.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
One thing I read is Payton said there is no more Me3 having his own offices with his
own QB coach(Heaps)
Thats a good thing for Denvers sake.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, he's not going to let players just run things the way they want to. Some coaches actually take charge.
But, meh. Glad he's gone, we won the trade, future is bright in Seattle. What they do out there no longer has any impact on the Hawks. We loaded up on picks, good enough.

Next

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yep, he's not going to let players just run things the way they want to. Some coaches actually take charge.
But, meh. Glad he's gone, we won the trade, future is bright in Seattle. What they do out there no longer has any impact on the Hawks. We loaded up on picks, good enough.

Next
Right but this the NFL forum and it's just news relating to our former QB.
I like news that hits him and his fans in the nuts lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds good. If that's your jam, enjoy.
He's in Denver now, not our problem. They won the trade by a landslide, good enough. He wore out his welcome in Seattle, good enough. NEXT

Last edited:

rcaido

Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised at how much the people still slurping on Wilson can become indistinguishable from Wilson-slurper parody.

By sack percentage, only Fields and Wilson were over 10%, with Fields at 14.7% and Wilson at 10.2%. Smith was twelfth-worst in that category at 7.4%.

Now do how it was Carroll's fault that Wilson was among the bottom five starting QBs in 2022 by pretty much every measure.
For super-advanced level, explain to us how Wilson's shining 30th-in-the-leage 60.5% passing was Carroll's fault.

Let's ride!

My reply was about sacks. I just showed you all the QB for Seahawks coached by Pete Carol were in the top 3 QB sacked.

Wilson had career lows im pretty sure all categories. He sucked this year, going from top 5 QB throughout most his career to the bottom in one season. I still think he can bounce back being a top 10 QB.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Broncos' rushing attack was ranked 17th in YPC, squarely in the middle of the pack. It wasn't so anemic to have caused major problems with a quarterback's passing efficiency to the point that it would explain Russell's struggles.

Implementing a high percentage passing game would be great if Payton can break Russell of his tendency to look for the home run ball. That's one of the reasons why he's holding onto the ball so long as he's unwilling to throw short and take what the defense gives him.

But if anybody can fix Russell, it's Sean Payton. This will be Payton's offense, not Russell's like it was under Hackett.
Actually, I thought it was Aaron Rodgers offense. Hackett kept trying to coach up Wilson into running the Rodgers offense, and was too dense to realize it wasn't gonna happen. The last 2 games without Hackett, the interim Broncos HC let Wilson run the Russell Wilson offense (or, the "JV Offense" as Greg Olsen called it) and the Broncos darn near beat KC and did beat their last opponent, I think it was playoff-bound San Diego. I also noticed Wilson ran a lot more in those two games.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sounds good. If that's your jam, enjoy.
He's in Denver now, not our problem. They won the trade by a landslide, good enough. He wore out his welcome in Seattle, good enough. NEXT
It doesn't have to be 'our problem' for it to be a fascinating story worthy of our discussing. It's an intriguing drama that involves a player that we're all very familiar with. At least for my part, we don't have to have skin in the game in order for it to be entertaining.

keasley45

Reaction score
Actually, I thought it was Aaron Rodgers offense. Hackett kept trying to coach up Wilson into running the Rodgers offense, and was too dense to realize it wasn't gonna happen. The last 2 games without Hackett, the interim Broncos HC let Wilson run the Russell Wilson offense (or, the "JV Offense" as Greg Olsen called it) and the Broncos darn near beat KC and did beat their last opponent, I think it was playoff-bound San Diego. I also noticed Wilson ran a lot more in those two games.
The Chargers had nothing to play for, played as though they were disinterested, and pulled their starters for the majority of the 4th quarter.

We will see what W does next year with every possible excuse now removed.

It's going to be an entertaining season on many levels.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Chargers had nothing to play for, played as though they were disinterested, and pulled their starters for the majority of the 4th quarter.

The Broncos will probably hire Desai, whom we didn’t even consider promoting over Hurtt, while letting Eviro out of his contact to be dc in Minnesota. There’s no guarantee that next years defense will hold the opponents To 20 points.

olyfan63

Reaction score

But Russell *looked* so heroic leading the Broncos to last-moment victory against the Chargers 2nd stringers! Chalk up one more 4th quarter game-winning drive for Russell!
Yeah, and there is no asterisk in the record books, so it stands! Wait... it was the 17th game, do 17th game stats count when there only used to be 16 games? o_O

I'm also looking forward to see how things play out for Russell and the Broncos, and if Sean Payton can "fix" him. Definitely an entertaining storyline!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It doesn't have to be 'our problem' for it to be a fascinating story worthy of our discussing. It's an intriguing drama that involves a player that we're all very familiar with. At least for my part, we don't have to have skin in the game in order for it to be entertaining.
You're not wrong. I can be pretty entertaining.