cnnsi.com article on 12th man.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
He also mentioned the original skid row went through where the main(north) parking lot is now.... not really true, he's about 4 or 5 blocks off.

The first saw mill in Seattle was at 1st and Yesler, exactly where the building that has Magic Mouse Toys is at. The skid row was Yesler, but back then before the regrade obviously it was way steeper and covered in old growth. And they'd 'skid' those trees right down Yesler to the mill.

I'm only nit-picking because he's a niner fan. :)

StoneCold

Reaction score
5280Hawk":2ujixm4z said:
Where's the Heck's the Triangle?

Shoulda went to Temple.

And I wonder if anybody really did make him take his 9er hat off, or was that drama?

It was an awesome read though. :th2thumbs:

Triangle is an awesome bar on 1st ave and it is really shaped like a triangle. Very divey.

http://trianglepub.com/

SC

Scottemojo

Reaction score
What a crap article. Seattle fans have to use clear bags because of fan violence? What a stereotyping jackass with the nuances of trying to say Seattle fans are mostly bandwaggoners, we aren't shit since we only joined the NFC West in 2001, the noise is because of the design, and somebody told him to take off his niner hat for his safety.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Scottemojo":j5ljd481 said:
What a crap article. Seattle fans have to use clear bags because of fan violence? What a stereotyping jackass with the nuances of trying to say Seattle fans are mostly bandwaggoners, we aren't shit since we only joined the NFC West in 2001, the noise is because of the design, and somebody told him to take off his niner hat for his safety.

Yup. That's how I read it. It's one big back-handed compliment.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2yg6ykpi said:
Scottemojo":2yg6ykpi said:

Yup. That's how I read it. It's one big back-handed compliment.

Weird... sounds exactly like livinginhwktwn and 99% of 49ers lurkers... mostly looking at you popeyejones.

Its funny too because in NFL Nation, a 49er fan posted an article about that same Vikings incident where a fan got punched down the stairs.

The Vikings fans said he was blind-sided but in that same article someone posted the comment saying he witnessed the event... the poster claims that both parties, both drunk, were jaw jacking quite a bit in a jokingly manner, then the Vikings fan abrubtly gets mad and takes a swing at the Seahawks fan but misses.

The Seahawks fan was a bigger dude, and i'm certain 90% of people that are football fans and drunk being punched at not matter if it connects, will retailiate, it just common sense. The guy in "self-defense" clocks the other dude and the dude falls down concrete stairs in the process adding more injury over insults.

SI to me is on the same level as Bleacher Report now-a-days. I liked when Rick Reilley was still writing for them.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Wow. What a piece of shit article. I'm embarrassed for SI that they published such a biased hatchet job written by one of their so-called writers. That was something you'd expect to read over at 49erWebzone.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I tuned out after he stated Seattle was a mediocre team with ONE good player (Steve Largent).

Uhhhh....what.

I guess he forgot Jim Zorn, Dave Brown, Curt Warner, Dave Krieg, Joe Nash, Kenny Easley, Rufus Porter, and Brian Blades. I'm sure there are a lot of guys that went under the radar as well.

Really seems like the author of this article doesn't know shit about what he's supposed to be writing about.

Terrible journalism.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He's a douche. No legit reporter would wear his favorite team's head-gear while covering their rival. And in the Google era checking facts is, oh I don't know, as easy as typing in a sentence. Lame.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Hmm, sounds almost like a Star Trek fan at a Star Wars convention to me.

It was alright though.