Clink etiquette

soje

Reaction score
This week I was able to buy some Delta Sky 360 Club tickets and it was a very enjoyable experience, since we won. However, it left me with some questions regarding etiquette while watching a football game.

Fans in my section (235) mostly watched the game seated, which apparently is normal for the Club area. However, what bothered me is that people kept coming and going to and from their seats at all times, even during plays. I actually missed our 3rd TD because folks were passing by and I had to make room for them.

Isn't there a rule (or at least is it not common sense?) to only leave your seat during one of the several breaks during plays?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sadly that happens all the time as there are no rules about this.

Admittedly it’s not that hard to look around someone. And few people leave when we are about to score.

Our section tends to stand on D and sit on O. But during that last drive we were all standing.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This drives me bat shit more than anything else.

I NEVER leave my seat unless it's a time out or between plays. People that come in and out of their rows DURING A PLAY makes me want to throat punch them (within reason).

I actually told someone to STOP and WAIT until the play was over. He looked at me like I was from the planet Venus.

Some people just aren't football fans in the truest sense of the word.

AgentDib

Reaction score
That's the etiquette but football etiquette gets worse as your seats get better. The Ms have ushers on the 100 level that stop fans from entering during at bats, but that's not very practical for the club with only a few rows on each aisle. My seats the last few years have been dead center in a section (14/15) which is great for reducing people walking in front of you.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
I've been in sections like yours, and also in other sections where we stood the whole game. But this was a different experience. People weren't making noise on defense, and looked more interested in socializing and drinking than in the game itself.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
I've been in sections like yours, and also in other sections where we stood the whole game. But this was a different experience. People weren't making noise on defense, and looked more interested in socializing and drinking than in the game itself.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
My clink experiences thankfully have all been good but I did the roadie to Nola last year and had whatever they named it but their club seats where you get access to the private sitting area lounge and different food options than exist in the rest of the stadium in there and people got in and out non stop to go hang out in there have a smoke, take pics, grab some food and constantly during the play. I was losing my mind.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That sounds like the corporate crowd you were with. They don't care about the game.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
I'm ok with sitting, drinking, and socializing. Sometimes I also entertain my company clients at Seahawks games. My issue is with the coming and going during important parts of the game, especially a nail biter like this afternoon game.

Jerhawk":2u3oqam7 said:
That sounds like the corporate crowd you were with. They don't care about the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Social Fans versus hard core fans, a hardcore fan knows you don't block views during a drive, as Aros said time outs and TV breaks is when you move.

Vesuve

Reaction score
soje":2h5rqe0m said:
This week I was able to buy some Delta Sky 360 Club tickets and it was a very enjoyable experience, since we won. However, it left me with some questions regarding etiquette while watching a football game.

Fans in my section (235) mostly watched the game seated, which apparently is normal for the Club area. However, what bothered me is that people kept coming and going to and from their seats at all times, even during plays. I actually missed our 3rd TD because folks were passing by and I had to make room for them.

Isn't there a rule (or at least is it not common sense?) to only leave your seat during one of the several breaks during plays?

Inconsiderate and rude, on their part. No common sense.

"Down in front!"