Cincinatti Reds @ Seattle Mariners Apr 15-17...

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score

Nice series overall. Great pitching, some timely hitting, great defense.

From how some guys were posting around here you would have thought we started off 0-20 :LOL:

On to Colorado.

bileever

Reaction score
Finally started hitting and outscored the Reds, 17-5 for the series. The Reds aren't great, but they did come in 9-6.

The hitting isn't fixed yet, but at least there are signs of life.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Gonna sweep COL too. 6 straight here we come. First few weeks didn't happen.

Chapow

Reaction score
From how some guys were posting around here you would have thought we started off 0-20 :LOL:

On to Colorado.

It wasn't really about their record, it was about their play on the field. They were statistically bottom 3 in nearly every hitting metric and had the worst K rate in baseball. They had the 6th worst starter ERA as well.

This was a great series and they showed lots of reasons to be optimistic moving forward, but let's not pretend like being pessimistic about this team so far was unreasonable leading into this series. They were literally one of the very worst offenses in baseball.

Crizilla

Reaction score
The Seager, Cruz, Cano line up for a few years was the best we've ever sniffed since 03. What we saw prior to the Cincy sweep was some of the worst baseball I've ever seen. Seattle fans are such creatures of their surroundings lol. Any east coast baseball town would go absolutely berserk at this team. I'm going to bring up the stadium again. I think it plays a huge role. The dimensions may be fine but the entire stadium needs to be closed off 100%. That ballpark is older than the Kingdome was. It won't happen any time soon but they need a new stadium. Probably in our life time it will happen but not anytime soon.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice to FINALLY see them playing like the team we hoped they would be. Cincy came in hot, and left with a big fat sweep on the road........

How bout now? :ROFLMAO:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The Seager, Cruz, Cano line up for a few years was the best we've ever sniffed since 03. What we saw prior to the Cincy sweep was some of the worst baseball I've ever seen. Seattle fans are such creatures of their surroundings lol. Any east coast baseball town would go absolutely berserk at this team. I'm going to bring up the stadium again. I think it plays a huge role. The dimensions may be fine but the entire stadium needs to be closed off 100%. That ballpark is older than the Kingdome was. It won't happen any time soon but they need a new stadium. Probably in our life time it will happen but not anytime soon.
Need a new stadium?!? That stadium is still one of the best in baseball (they say, I've not been to other ones but I still like this one). Comparisons to The Concrete Wart are automatically N/A since that place was an abomination from day 1. It needed replaced before it was finished being built. It was a testament to the entire malaise of the 70s.

Granted, they could move the fences in a little so that humans could hit there, but still.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
"well, we swept the Reds and earned the respect of the fans back. Now we can go back to not trying so hard and lose 8 of the next 10."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Damn man, that's negative even for you. Don't ever go full Pitt :)

Side note, new stadium? What? T-Mobile is awesome.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It just seems like that's what the mariners have done over the past 20 years.

"hey look, we're hot!"

3 weeks later

"Just kidding. Tricked you!"

Ruminator

Reaction score
I like the M's current dip switch settings, but it's inevitable someone will see fit to fiddle with them.

Latest posts