Chris Harper CUT!!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Pro Football Focus had his score of Pre season WR at -2 good for the bottom 1/4 of the WRs cut. He just did not preform.

Jville

Reaction score
Both Harper and McGrath did not snach the ball out of the air consistently.

Instead, they allowed the ball get inside into their body.

I think the quicker hands made the roster.

yeastmode

Reaction score
Inaugural post here. So if Harper didn't show well as a receiver, any chance he gets put on the receiver-to-fullback-conversion track, a la Phil Bates? Seems his body type is similar to Bates and fits that profile, 6'1" 220 for Bates, 6'1" 234 for Harper. Of course as a fullback he might occasionally be asked to catch a pass, which is currently an issue.

Basis4day

Reaction score
yeastmode":1pjpea68 said:
Inaugural post here. So if Harper didn't show well as a receiver, any chance he gets put on the receiver-to-fullback-conversion track, a la Phil Bates? Seems his body type is similar to Bates and fits that profile, 6'1" 220 for Bates, 6'1" 234 for Harper. Of course as a fullback he might occasionally be asked to catch a pass, which is currently an issue.

We don't really have the space. If he clears waivers and goes PS i think they'd keep him as a WR prospect.

Jville

Reaction score
Yea ..... I think practice squad is a good call. Chris Harper needs both a year to develop and a team willing to make an investment in the future.

Edit: And then the announcement of Harper's intention of signing on with Seattle's practice squad was made.

hawk79

Reaction score
Jville":2ntswlas said:
Both Harper and McGrath did not snach the ball out of the air consistently.

Instead, they allowed the ball get inside into their body.

I think the quicker hands made the roster.
Great observation. And I think true. Hope Harper makes PS.

Zowert

Reaction score
Harper was under a microscope. He had some nice plays, however the dropped passes shadowed his good play. Which is unfortunate for a rookie with so much upside. Unfortunately for Harper, this team is stacked with talent. Someone will claim him off waivers.

Zowert

Reaction score
yeastmode":wjd1l884 said:

I'm not qualified enough to answer your question but... WELCOME to .Net!

godawg

Reaction score
How fortunate that by dropping those passes Harper cleared waivers.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Shouldn't this tread be re-titled to "Chris Harper, UNCUT!"?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He's on the practice squad. Good for him and good for us. *Does her happy dance*

Both my favorites made it (Harper and Siliga). I am ready for the varsity games now. :)

olyfan63

Reaction score
godawg":1tnrc5eq said:
How fortunate that by dropping those passes Harper cleared waivers.

I wondered if the drops were intentional. Concluded that Always-Compete-Pete would never ask for or allow such a thing.

So it had to be Schneider that arranged it. Thinking about Always Compete from a John Schneider perspective... For Schneider, competing is hoarding as much good talent as cheaply as possible. So it had to be Schneider who visited Harper, and told him to drop a key pass or two, and if he did that, Schneider would see to it he was added to the practice squad. Hey, it could happen! Besides, I bet Schneider was playing hardball with Pete, refusing to stash Harper on IR with a really bad hangnail.