Chris Carson is good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pointless yards? You want him to just go to the ground because someone has their arms around his legs???? :?
We watched years of Lynch running as hard as he possibly could, often for a spectacular 1 yard gain. This kid gives 100 percent on every single play.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
"Wilson simply could not be stopped. Despite the efforts of the coaching staff to establish the run and take the ball out of his hands for two-thirds of the plays, Wilson delivered and showed why he is an elite quarterback in the NFL."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1nhqj5j2 said:
sdog1981":1nhqj5j2 said:
The one thing that worries me about him is this. Many times he was fighting for pointless yards with a defender wrapped around his legs. That is how he got hurt last season, he falls at these awkward angles when he gets gang tackled, it might be the reason he was always hurt at Oak State.

Please.... do tell more about these "pointless yards".

Gurley going down before entering the end zone to keep the clock moving to ice the game..........."pointless yards."

Carson scratching and clawing for every yard punishing the defense and making 3rd and 6's into 3rd and 3's is about as opposite of pointless yards as you can get. It's LITERALLY how you win games by running the ball.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Another thing I have been really impressed with Carson is his patience. It isn't identical to how Le'veon Bell hops back and forth waiting for a hole but it's similar. Lot of times yesterday it seemed he waited a split second for his lineman to make an additional block or shift the defender to then cut through into the secondary.

I also love how he finishes every single run going through a defender. The Lions wanted no part of tackling him by the end.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
VERY good point. He's very patient. And at the same time, often he just hits that hole and pounds it in there. Great combo for a back. He's tough and fearless too.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Those fighting, scrapping runs for "pointless yards" are what buoys your offense and makes your OL work harder and fight tooth and nail for you. We saw that with Lynch and we are seeing it with Carson.

Despite all the rule changes of late, toughness is still the most prized personal characteristic in the league. It inspires everyone on the team. And even though Pete doesn't say it too much, he is very much about toughness on his teams.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I'm not sure how "great" or "elite" he is yet but one thing for sure, hes showing improvement in every game. The offensive line is ridding themselves of Cable tendencies and they are improving also, that is helping the run game open up. One thing I saw and liked in Carson is he runs "heads up" always looking for seams and holes!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
2nd year guy, 7th round pick, and he's already very good. He has the potential to be great. And I'll take it.

Elemas

Reaction score
Very patient. He surveys before charging forward. Besides busting through big open seams, he picks his spots as the play develops.
That coupled with his powerful run style, he is a beast!

sutz

Reaction score
Just came to me. I'm getting a bit of a Terrell Davis vibe here. I remember hating him back in the day. Giving Elway a running game was what finally got him his rings.

Late round pick. Good size. Good speed and quickness. Power and some run-by-ya twitch. Not afraid to lower his shoulder and get the tough yards.

With Russ (great QB) and Carson (an emerging force at RB) we could be in for some good times. :snack:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Aros":1ye4koya said:
Boy is he ever fun to watch. He has the vision and slipperiness of Shaun Alexander with the physical brutality of Lynch. He's a treat.

This right here. As I was scrolling through the thread the word that kept coming to mind was patience. He doesn't just run into pile and hope, he has the vision to see if there is another opening and when there isn't he has the brutality to plunge in and get what's there, be it 1 or 3 yards. He's hard to tackle. I love watching him run.

Will be fantastic if he;'s stays healthy and a damn shame if not.

Go Hawks!

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/pff_seahawks/status/1056958852111814656[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
StoneCold":2ujpcr3z said:
Aros":2ujpcr3z said:
Boy is he ever fun to watch. He has the vision and slipperiness of Shaun Alexander with the physical brutality of Lynch. He's a treat.

This right here. As I was scrolling through the thread the word that kept coming to mind was patience.

But the great thing is, he doesn't have too much patience. He has just the right amount. It's actually very Bell-like, even if they look different in the waiting. Too much patience looks like late Shaun, dancing in the pocket and eventually getting mown down. Bell and Carson wait only as long as they need to, then either cut or burst. It's immensely good stuff.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
sdog1981":3q3zb0ho said:
The one thing that worries me about him is this. Many times he was fighting for pointless yards with a defender wrapped around his legs. That is how he got hurt last season, he falls at these awkward angles when he gets gang tackled, it might be the reason he was always hurt at Oak State.

The only pointless yards on a football field are the ones after the pylons at the edge of the end zone, and the ones across the line separating the field from the sidelines.

Chris Carson is good. Really good.

StoneCold

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1g4v5rxw said:
StoneCold":1g4v5rxw said:
Aros":1g4v5rxw said:

This right here. As I was scrolling through the thread the word that kept coming to mind was patience.

But the great thing is, he doesn't have too much patience. He has just the right amount. It's actually very Bell-like, even if they look different in the waiting. Too much patience looks like late Shaun, dancing in the pocket and eventually getting mown down. Bell and Carson wait only as long as they need to, then either cut or burst. It's immensely good stuff.

Exactly right. He doesn't dance around and hope. Checks if gap one isn't open and if there's no gap 2 he bust up field.

I would like to see some tape of Rawls early on, before he was injured. What I remember after the injury was a franticness that ended up hitting the wrong hole almost every time. If he could have just gotten a bit more comfortable in his reads he would have been a good back. Something happened to his confidence after the injury.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
StoneCold":twozkgdc said:
I would like to see some tape of Rawls early on, before he was injured. What I remember after the injury was a franticness that ended up hitting the wrong hole almost every time. If he could have just gotten a bit more comfortable in his reads he would have been a good back. Something happened to his confidence after the injury.

So true. Too bad, I was pulling for that guy as many 12's were. He just had something in his head that kept him from being his best self on the field. Shame.

D

DomeHawk

sdog1981":2xm52hcg said:

Exactly my thoughts, you gotta choose your battles.

StoneCold

Reaction score
DomeHawk":kysfxp3t said:
sdog1981":kysfxp3t said:

There is only one battle, and that is to gain as much ground as you can. Can you imagine Marshawn saying such a thing? His line was, "I don't run to get tackled."

Chapow

Reaction score
DomeHawk":45psbdrx said:
sdog1981":45psbdrx said:

So you guys would prefer to see him just go down on first contact?