Changing up the forum layout..

W

Welshers

So far, what do you all think? I will be adding a few more section, especially the Seattle Sports as in Seattle Mariners and so on.
Shaggy my guy you are doing an excellent job! Loving the new layout. Thanks for giving this website a much needed touch of modern.

Honestly my only gripe (and it's a very small one) is the "similar threads" that show up at the bottom of the page. For some reason it's always showing me threads from years ago lol. Obviously not a big thing but wondering if that's happening to anyone else? I see threads pop up and go to look at it and it's from 2017 or something

sutz

Reaction score
Shaggy my guy you are doing an excellent job! Loving the new layout. Thanks for giving this website a much needed touch of modern.

Honestly my only gripe (and it's a very small one) is the "similar threads" that show up at the bottom of the page. For some reason it's always showing me threads from years ago lol. Obviously not a big thing but wondering if that's happening to anyone else? I see threads pop up and go to look at it and it's from 2017 or something
Yeah, mildly annoying sometimes, especially if you're not looking :)

notyou

Reaction score
Yeah, mildly annoying sometimes, especially if you're not looking :)
I just use uBlock to remove it. I did the same for the sidebar and the chat bubble icons on the left. Looks a lot better. I just wish I could have the forum stretch all the way over to the right now, which only worked when we were given the option to disable the sidebar. I also would really like it if the viewed topics and threads were a different color.
Shaggy, If you are having problems figuring out how to change the font color for viewed topics, check this out. It might help.

notyou

Reaction score
Is the viewed topic color change even something you want done, Shaggy? You seem to be dragging your feet on getting it done. From the 2 minutes of research I did, it looks like it's a very simple fix.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the viewed topic color change even something you want done, Shaggy? You seem to be dragging your feet on getting it done. From the 2 minutes of research I did, it looks like it's a very simple fix.

This is a custom theme, not the default theme you linked to so it us different.

toffee

Reaction score
This is a custom theme, not the default theme you linked to so it us different.
Whatever new format, changes etc., could we have a mockup or test site to play with under say: mock.seahawks.net or something like that?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Yes, Shaggy! Great change in font color on the read items. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

notyou

Reaction score
Great job Shaggy. Is there any way to get the thread titles that are listed below each sub forum grayed out as well if everything in that sub forum is read?
It looks like it being below is only on the mobile version as it's on the right on the desktop version.
Is there a way to let individuals decide if they want words censored?

Last edited:

flv2

Reaction score
Could you please alter the effect of Bold, [B.] [/B.], (without the dots), either by changing the font colour or increasing the font size. It's not easy to spot when it's white on blue or white on black.

Later edit: alternatively change the font pixel size with Bold, (as was the case with certain thread/forum titles).

Last edited:

Spohawks

Reaction score
I love everything. Can we bring in a sports card trading section?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I like this layout better than my other forum (Chicago Bears), but don’t tell them I said that. Good job.

flv

Reaction score
Have there been any recent forum modifications made by staff or to the forum software by XenForo? The reason I ask is that when Shaggy switched software provider to the XenForo platform I was no longer able to sign in. I figured staff were busy so it was easier to create a new account rather than pester someone to help fix this account. I haven't changed/reset the email, password, or settings but something has recently changed and I can now sign in with this account.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Have there been any recent forum modifications made by staff or to the forum software by XenForo? The reason I ask is that when Shaggy switched software provider to the XenForo platform I was no longer able to sign in. I figured staff were busy so it was easier to create a new account rather than pester someone to help fix this account. I haven't changed/reset the email, password, or settings but something has recently changed and I can now sign in with this account.

I don't think anything changed. Weird. Was it giving you an error?

flv2

Reaction score
I don't think anything changed. Weird. Was it giving you an error?
It kept saying incorrect password. It was easier to create a 2nd related account rather than hustle for a reset. For reference I believe it was a problem with the previous software, possibly a script, that might have been transferred to the XenForo software. I've had password issues on other sites using that software. Some of those sites only accept capital letters, lower case letters, and numbers in passwords. At least 1 such site allows punctuation marks in passwords on some parts of their site, but not on other parts.