Changing up the forum layout..

sutz

Reaction score
So you are saying when you scroll down, you would want to the title and date to still show on the top of the page even if you are at the bottom of the thread viewing the last few posts? Just want to make sure I'm understanding you 2.
Yes, that would be helpful. Especially if you follow the "Latest Posts" area and click on an item there, it switches into a thread at a specific post, for which the thread title is not visible.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Currently, each post has a gray header with the words "Today at 11:20 AM" similar time-stamp. Can this header also contain the thread topic title? That would be great because, as sutz points out, sometimes we jump into conversations and don't know what the topic is necessarily, or we didn't read it carefully, etc.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
So you are saying when you scroll down, you would want to the title and date to still show on the top of the page even if you are at the bottom of the thread viewing the last few posts? Just want to make sure I'm understanding you 2.

Yeah, having the thread title visible no matter where you are on the page is super clutch.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Currently, each post has a gray header with the words "Today at 11:20 AM" similar time-stamp. Can this header also contain the thread topic title? That would be great because, as sutz points out, sometimes we jump into conversations and don't know what the topic is necessarily, or we didn't read it carefully, etc.

I totally understand what you are saying now, but I have never seen that done on any other forums out there. Might be an add on that I can install that was made for that, but I will have to look.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I totally understand what you are saying now, but I have never seen that done on any other forums out there. Might be an add on that I can install that was made for that, but I will have to look.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and understand, Shaggy.

Our old site had that feature, and I became accustomed to it.

What ZebD suggested above would also work--a header that remains constant at the top of the page even as we scroll.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to listen and understand, Shaggy.

Our old site had that feature, and I became accustomed to it.

What ZebD suggested above would also work--a header that remains constant at the top of the page even as we scroll.

That one could have an add on already developed that I could possibly find. Will check for either setup.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah, it used to just be in that gray bar above each post instead of a date/time stamp it had the thread title. It's not really a huge deal, I think we'll all probably get used to the new format, it just made it easier to keep track of which thread you were in, particularly if you're active in multiple at a time and do a lot of posting at work between other tasks and what not. Easy to forget if you're commenting on the thread about Pete Carroll being racist or the thread about Pete Carroll holding back Russell Wilson.

acer1240

Reaction score
Yeah, it used to just be in that gray bar above each post instead of a date/time stamp it had the thread title. It's not really a huge deal, I think we'll all probably get used to the new format, it just made it easier to keep track of which thread you were in, particularly if you're active in multiple at a time and do a lot of posting at work between other tasks and what not. Easy to forget if you're commenting on the thread about Pete Carroll being racist or the thread about Pete Carroll holding back Russell Wilson.
Touche friend

FPD

Reaction score
This is going to take some getting used to. Maybe I'm just old school, but like someone else said, it feels a bit busy. It's always a work in progress though.

sutz

Reaction score
Oh, and another thought. I'm not sure the Lounge should be in the "Members Only" section. That was always a more relaxed - but not shacked - forum for general interest topics and personal stories. Not sure how we would do that. Just a comment/suggestion.

Reactions: FPD

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, and another thought. I'm not sure the Lounge should be in the "Members Only" section. That was always a more relaxed - but not shacked - forum for general interest topics and personal stories. Not sure how we would do that. Just a comment/suggestion.

That's probably partly my fault. I recommended putting the Lounge back into that spot so it would get more action but I forgot Wen had changed the name to Members Only. Probably doesn't need to be called Members Only anymore.

sutz

Reaction score
That's probably partly my fault. I recommended putting the Lounge back into that spot so it would get more action but I forgot Wen had changed the name to Members Only. Probably doesn't need to be called Members Only anymore.
Maybe call it "Miscellaneous" or something and handle the Members Only status forum by forum.

acer1240

Reaction score
Not sure guys...

Too many sub forums imo. The sidebar is an awesome feature though.

notyou

Reaction score
Shaggy,
If you are having problems figuring out how to change the font color for viewed topics, check this out. It might help.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shaggy thus far you have been a brilliant new owner. Extremely attentive, conscious, forward-thinking, approachable, on and on. Could you humor an old coot and consider changing the SEAHAWKS.net to SEAHAWKS.NET as seen in this image below? One of the things about this site ever since I created it in 1998 was that I always accentuated the ".NET". It was never lower case. Always capitalized. If you could be so kind it would mean a lot.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Shaggy thus far you have been a brilliant new owner. Extremely attentive, conscious, forward-thinking, approachable, on and on. Could you humor an old coot and consider changing the SEAHAWKS.net to SEAHAWKS.NET as seen in this image below? One of the things about this site ever since I created it in 1998 was that I always accentuated the ".NET". It was never lower case. Always capitalized. If you could be so kind it would mean a lot.

Ha ha!

Season 4 Ok GIF by The Office

Latest posts