Castillo Signs 5 Year Extension

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
FO putting the money out there, great signing.

sutz

Reaction score
Proven vet, top tier talent. Why would they waste money on him? :LOL:

Great signing. Solidifies the top of our rotation for a few years.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Need to find some bats in the off-season.
Offensive depth needs to be improved as well.
The Moores and Toro’s of the world are getting too many AB’s IMHO.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Do they have enough mula for one more big signing? MLB no salary cap which is amazing. I say go after a big name SS or 2B next.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This year feels a little bit like Russell’s rookie year, we are at least one year away from really contending. I fully expect us to add at least two impact bats, a 2B or SS along with a OF bat.

Last edited:

DJrmb

Reaction score
They made a mistake this year by committing too much to JP Crawford at SS because he doesn't want to move. Hopefully they don't make that same mistake 2 years in a row. If one of the big bat SS are willing to come here then JP needs to move to 2nd to accommodate.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Need several positions upgraded. This team needs runs producers. They tried to score by getting guys on base, but you have to drive them in and I think that’s a mindset.

TIMD

Reaction score
This year feels a little bit like Russell’s rookie year, we are at least one year away from really contending. I fully expect us to add at least two impact bats, a 2B or SS along with a OF bat.
What makes anybody think the Seattle Mariners are going to add any impact bat(s), let alone even one? Judge isn't going anywhere, definitely not to Seattle. Carlos Correa isn't REALLY an impact bat, he's ok, he's an upgrade on paper, I can easily see him being ANOTHER player who tanks it in Seattle. Beltre part 2, no thanks. They don't really have enough assets left to trade for a star. Lewis, Kelenic, etc have no trade value. Speaking of those 2 and others like Hanigar, Winker, Trammell etc.... If they go into 2023 AGAIN relying on any combination of those guys to be big bats because they think they "could" stay healthy (Lewis, Hanigar, Trammell) & "should" bounce back from being absolutely shitty (Winker, Lewis, Hanigar, Kelenic), it will be another long year of struggling to score 2 runs per game in Seattle.