Carroll Out As Head Coach

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
I know this won't be a popular take, but I think John Schneider staying (and as well he should), says as much about this move as anything. I think going for broke on the Leonard Williams trade (who I would love to resign, but in case we don't, giving up a 2nd rd pick for a half year rental was just downright dumb) was all Pete. The Jamal Adams trade was all Pete. Beyond his many boneheaded on-field calls, the off-the-field ones that didn't seem like they were the typical Shrewd Schneider-esque moves probably rubbed our GM the wrong way. No more subordination for John, hopefully he is put fully in charge now and gets to buy the groceries and cook the meal.

Last edited:

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
I'm glad Pete is out, but that doesn't mean he deserves appreciation for what he managed to do in his time here. It was simply time for him to step away from coaching. I don't think he has what it takes to get the Hawks back to being a super bowl contender, so why keep him around? He successfully elevated us into a legit organization and got us our first super bowl. Thanks Pete, and you deserve to spend more time enjoying life.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Pete..thanks for some of the most special memories that you have given us. We knew it wouldn't last forever, but we will be forever grateful for what your brought to this organization. No matter what you felt about this man at the end, he's a Seahawks legend who brought us our first Super Bowl win. The records his team set, the personalities of players, the games we will always remember are all thanks to him. Thank you Pete!

renofox

Reaction score
Thank You for your time with and dedication to the Seahawks, Mr. Carroll. You are, without a doubt, the greatest Head Coach this team has ever had. You brought to this team a Win Forever philosophy that will be with us always, and stand as a constant reminder of your untarnished legacy. I wish you all the best in your life's next chapter.

Thank You, Jody, for making the tough, tough decision to move on and take an active role in guiding the Seahawks into a hopeful future, while showing the Seahawks greatest Head Coach of all time the respect he deserves. Your timely decision now gives the Seahawks an opportunity to find the next great Head Coach and allow him the chance to recruit solid coaching personnel before they have chosen different destinations. I am confident you are already deep into the search for a replacement, and am looking forward to your upcoming announcement of the Seahawks new Head Coaching hire.

To the Seahawks fans who have been bashing Jody as apathetic and incompetent despite all the evidence posted here that showed she was neither: You have now been proven absolutely wrong. I know you're probably going to keep bashing her as an "absentee owner who's just not interested because she's waiting to sell the team", but once again this is nonsense. After witnessing her taking this bold step, give her the benefit of the doubt moving forward. As of today the Seahawks are Paul Allen's legacy, but they are now Jody Allen's team. The Paul Allen era ended today, and the Jody Allen era has begun.

Process the bigger picture. Jody has already hinted that the team may not be sold for 10-20 years. If she was planning to sell the team soon she would have just picked up PC's 2025 option and had him remain until the sale. With a new Head Coach coming in, she's going to have to make an earnest promise that the team won't be sold for at least 5-7 years. I don't know Jody personally but I do know people who have worked with her and I know her type well. I have a feeling she's going to be a very active owner for a minimum of 15 years. She won't do it publicly because that's not who she is, but at this point I have full faith in her abilities. And for all the misogynists out there, she has a whole lot more executive experience than Paul did.

Fade

Reaction score
Could you imagine the big brain chess move of only having Harbough come here to annihilate the 49ers for a few seasons and win a ring (or two) and then sell the company for mass profit while not having Harbough overstay his welcome like he did in San Fran? It couldn't be written any better than that.
I could.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I wasn't part of the "Fire Pete" crowd the last 4 or 5 years but even I knew it was time for a change in direction after our defense sh** the bed for the last 2 seasons.

I told my wife Sunday after the debacle of the last 9 weeks that Pete would step down & become an advisor. I even told her it would happen on Wednesday or Thursday & even reiterated it yesterday after he said "he expected to be back" saying he was just being coy & meant it as an advisor.

Now we get to sit back & see what they do. Hopefully this works out for us.

Fade

Reaction score
They can't help themselves. Some are already salivating at the prospect of once again stoning Jim Harbaugh at every potential opportunity. That's something the dark side has much previous experience with.

This is Pete's retirement from coaching. A well earned retirement.

Seahawks continue to build an impressive room of football wise advisors.
Pete stated he wants to keep coaching just a couple of days ago. Jody fired him in a politically correct way.

If he gets an offer he will take it. Will anyone offer is the question?

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I wasn't part of the "Fire Pete" crowd the last 4 or 5 years but even I knew it was time for a change in direction after our defense sh** the bed for the last 2 seasons.

I told my wife Sunday after the debacle of the last 9 weeks that Pete would step down & become an advisor. I even told her it would happen on Wednesday or Thursday & even reiterated it yesterday after he said "he expected to be back" saying he was just being coy & meant it as an advisor.

Now we get to sit back & see what they do. Hopefully this works out for us.
So who will be the new staff with your fancy crystal ball? Inquiring minds want to know especially if you’re on a heater.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I'm kinda in shock, and way sadder than I expected to be. Thanks Pete, a lot of good teams and memories, and I got to see my team win it all in part because of Pete.

I too felt it was time to move on, but it's still very sad.

I'm also really worried that they get this hire right, and we don't regress. Too much talent on the roster to get a bad hire.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
So who will be the new staff with your fancy crystal ball? Inquiring minds want to know especially if you’re on a heater.
It was just a feeling I had & the fact that he was going to be a lame duck HC if he returned. Both sides don't want that.

I thought ownership would give him the dignified way out & he'd take it.