Carroll Out As Head Coach

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Even though I think it was the the right thing to do and I wanted it its still a little sad that the best era of Seahawks football is over. I'll miss Pete in a lot of ways and this period. Excited to see what's next though too obviously.
I feel the same way. Grateful for the energy and winning attitude he brought to the team (plus the Super Bowl win of course) but ready to see what the future holds with a new vision in place.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Hell with that. John has been robbed of executive of the year like 5 times in his tenure here and is one of the likely top 10 quarterback evaluators in the known universe.

John Schneider has earned a shot at running the show as a legit, head of organization GM.
Agreed. I want to see him be able to do his thing without Pete hanging over his shoulder.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Big cheers to the greatest Seahawks coach of all time....so are we gonna go get Quinn? Personally, I would like Vrabel or Harbaugh, but I'm guessing JS already has a plan in mind.
Haven't read through all the messages yet after this one, but you think the Vrabel firing timing had anything to do with Pete being let go?

Seahawker

Reaction score
I think it would be fitting for Fade to offer a bit of an apology or contrition to Jody Allen & Seahawks management at this point. Somehow I don't see that happening though.
I'd say JA & the top brass have their finger on the pulse of the Hawks and care about pursuing SB's in the future.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sounds like JS is running the coaching search and had actually been reviewing options for the past 1-2 months in case this were to happen. Pete definitely sounded more like this may happen but I really think he was expecting another shot. Staying loyal to one of his guys in Hurtt probably his undoing.

Big, big shoes to fill for whoever comes in. This can't just be a good play caller. This person needs to be a LEADER who is ready to go against two of the best coaches in the NFL in your division. Ideally you want to match the trend of the NFL and get a young, offensive minded guy but someone like Mike MacDonald in Baltimore is intriguing. He's incredibly smart and just listening to his press conferences oozes confidence.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Even though I think it was the the right thing to do and I wanted it its still a little sad that the best era of Seahawks football is over. I'll miss Pete in a lot of ways and this period. Excited to see what's next though too obviously.
Hopefully the best era so far!

Jville

Reaction score
It is now time to end the highly disrespectful comments about Pete who was to now the best ever HC of the Seahawks.

They can't help themselves. Some are already salivating at the prospect of once again stoning Jim Harbaugh at every potential opportunity. That's something the dark side has much previous experience with.

This is Pete's retirement from coaching. A well earned retirement.

Seahawks continue to build an impressive room of football wise advisors.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

I'd rather win while being accused of cheating (something we were actually accused of quite frequently in the 2013 season) than not win at all.
Billy B comes to mind.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
The benefit of Harbaugh is he despises the 9ers, and would do everything in his power to beat them 2x a year.
Could you imagine the big brain chess move of only having Harbough come here to annihilate the 49ers for a few seasons and win a ring (or two) and then sell the company for mass profit while not having Harbough overstay his welcome like he did in San Fran? It couldn't be written any better than that.

Latest posts