Carroll Out As Head Coach

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm not shocked, but am somewhat surprised.

However, it was time for there to be some major changes here.

I don't expect that JS will be gone this season but that could happen as well.

it's nevertheless sad to me and the end of an era of significant success.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I dont know if people realize how hard it is to get a good coach in the nfl. Watch as we descend into Bears/Washington/Cardinals hell with a carousel of coaches like Matt nagby and eberflus
Always a crap shoot. The Ben Johnsons of the world usually bust more than not. Even Dan Quinn was a bust at hc regardless of his sb appearance.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I have mixed emotions because he turned this franchise around and brought us our Bowl, but it was time to move on. I'm glad that he is still in the org. On the flipside, I am very excited because we needed a change.
While I fully appreciate what he did for this franchise, I have zero mixed feelings about this. I am happy they did it before he completely burned down the empire he built.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Come on down Jim Harbaugh!
No! I want more National Titles and a future legacy. Harbs will ALWAYS be a Wolverine. GoBlue!

However, I could see us grabbing a lot of his staff. Great coaches coaching at Michigan not named Harbaugh.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
FINALLY. It's been time for a while. That being said, thanks for the memories, Pete. Hell of a coach and good dude.

NOW, finally something NEW.

And NOT a cheater like Harbaugh. Dear God, just stop.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I dont know if people realize how hard it is to get a good coach in the nfl. Watch as we descend into Bears/Washington/Cardinals hell with a carousel of coaches like Matt nagby and eberflus
It is hard, but it has to be done.

Always a risk, but not every team goes through what those examples have.

DericLee

Reaction score
Keep John, call Jim and offer him all the money, and LETS GO HAWKS!

Greenhell

Reaction score
Kind of a sad day and end of a legacy and perhaps run this team may not see anytime soon. I'm glad he is staying on in some format. RoH awaits as does Canton. That means everyone is out in Seattle and I expect a full tear down and rebuild. A new era begins in Seattle. Just hope they hire the right people as Carroll will not be easy to replace. I for one will miss the guy. 😟
Does a coach have to wait 5 years as well to be nominated in the HOF?

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
Im scared as hell if this means another season with diggs and adams because the new coach dont want to kick them

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Big cheers to the greatest Seahawks coach of all time....so are we gonna go get Quinn? Personally, I would like Vrabel or Harbaugh, but I'm guessing JS already has a plan in mind.
Vrabel is intriguing to me ... if it comes with an offensive minded young coach with some ingenuity.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
No! I want more National Titles and a future legacy. Harbs will ALWAYS be a Wolverine. GoBlue!

However, I could see us grabbing a lot of his staff. Great coaches coaching at Michigan not named Harbaugh.
Well if he brings that ref scheme too....hire him...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't feel weird if you find yourself suddenly sad, even though you may have been clamoring for him to be fired. Humans are complex creatures. It's perfectly okay to have wanted him fired but now that it has happened, you start to miss all the good times and the memories. It's no different than a break up with someone. Even if it ultimately didn't work out, you mourn the loss of the good times you did share together.

I think it's great that he will still stay with the organization in an advisory capacity. His presence will still be felt and enjoyed, just not on the field, calling games on gamedays.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm on board with Harbaugh. 100%. He has proven that he can be HIGHLY competitive at the NFL level DESPITE having to answer to a power-hungry GM with SF. I'm sure he would love an opportunity to have more say in personnel while coaching Seattle.

Latest posts