Cardinals

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Ringless/Clutch DJ,

I was wrong about the Cardinals. They are legit...definitely better than the Rams.

Enjoy this season...hope Palmer stays healthy for you guys. If the Rams can't win the West, hope you guys do.

ringless

Reaction score
Thank you!

We've had hot starts before that have been derailed and Im not sure how good we are yet. We played a bad Bears team and a bad Saints team with two divisional games coming up. Next week we could be in third in the division for all we know.

I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have the up and down performances the Rams have. (Beating Denver, and Seattle in back to back weeks) Even beating Seattle to start off the year and then losing to a weak team. You guys clearly have a lot of young talent. Folks is better than people give him credit for.

In any case, our defense worries me. We have an issue generating a pass rush and that's going to be our achilles. We are allowing 371 yds a game, although we are in the top half of PPG which looks a lot like last year in the sense we gave up yards between the 20's and then tighten up.

Obviously we are going to rely on our offense a lot more this year than in past years but I think we've all seen what a great Defense can do to a good Offense.

I think we are a 10 win team this year at best, but realistically finish the season at 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Cards are good..............but are they going to change that same narrative of they're only as good as Carson Palmer's health?

For the past couple years the Cards have jumped out, looked great..........until Palmer gets hurt, then they slowly sink into oblivion.

So I refuse to be a believer, because I don't believe Palmer can stay upright all year.

OP
OP
R

Ramfan128

Reaction score
It is very frustrating. I've learned to put more stock in fantasy football so that even when the Rams do poorly, I have something to root for.

Looking at your schedule, I think even if you get swept by the Seahawks, you guys are winning 11 games.

I think you'll be 7-2 after 9 games....then you'll lose to either at SF or at STL....only because back to back road division games are extremely tough...probably sweep us though. So you'll be 11-3 with two home games against the Packers and Seahawks. I'm struggling to find two more losses on the Seahawks schedule before the last game of the season, so let's just say they will lose to Cincinnati and Pittsburgh (random home loss).

The last game of the season will be for the division I think.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zenrojk1 said:
The Cards are good..............but are they going to change that same narrative of they're only as good as Carson Palmer's health?

For the past couple years the Cards have jumped out, looked great..........until Palmer gets hurt, then they slowly sink into oblivion.

So I refuse to be a believer, because I don't believe Palmer can stay upright all year.

You do realize this is Carson's 3rd year as a Cardinal & has only gotten injured last year right? He did play a full 16 games with us his first year with us.

Rex

Reaction score
No offense ringless or ClutchDJ.....the Rams will have things worked out on defense and Gurley's feet wet on offense when they meet the Big Red and CP will be the worse for it. The Rams will put an epic beatdown on the entire NFCW this season. Redskins game was due to bad burritos in flight. Won't make that mistake again.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":1e6k6qj8 said:
Sgt. Largent":1e6k6qj8 said:

You do realize this is Carson's 3rd year as a Cardinal & has only gotten injured last year right? He did play a full 16 games with us his first year with us.

I am in full realization. You have to go back to 2005 to see 3 consecutive seasons where Palmer played all 16 games.

Now he's 35 and you think he's going to hold up all year? Maybe he will, but his track record says the dude gets hurt. Arians is keeping his attempts down, so that should help.........but that's against two of the worst teams in the league so far in the Saints and Bears. So we'll see if those drop backs go up into the danger zone of 40-50 per game, which exposes him to injury once you start playing some good teams.

Rex

Reaction score
Yeah buddy good teams like the St. Louis Rams! Competent offense. Punishing defense. Transcontinental ballistic field goal kicking.

ringless

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xmjhbvq said:
ClutchDJ":1xmjhbvq said:
Sgt. Largent":1xmjhbvq said:

I am in full realization. You have to go back to 2005 to see 3 consecutive seasons where Palmer played all 16 games.

Now he's 35 and you think he's going to hold up all year? Maybe he will, but his track record says the dude gets hurt. Arians is keeping his attempts down, so that should help.........but that's against two of the worst teams in the league so far in the Saints and Bears. So we'll see if those drop backs go up into the danger zone of 40-50 per game, which exposes him to injury once you start playing some good teams.

Why did you select 3 consecutive seasons? We only need him for two, this year and next.

Rex

Reaction score
ringless":3a3w22ag said:
Sgt. Largent":3a3w22ag said:
ClutchDJ":3a3w22ag said:
Sgt. Largent":3a3w22ag said:

Why did you select 3 consecutive seasons? We only need him for two, this year and next.

Stanton?

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3nnvbu4h said:
ClutchDJ":3nnvbu4h said:
Sgt. Largent":3nnvbu4h said:

So what was the point of this statement?

"For the past couple years the Cards have jumped out, looked great..........until Palmer gets hurt, then they slowly sink into oblivion."

When it has only just happened once in 2 1/4 seasons with us?

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
What ever 'legit' means...they played a weak Bears team and had a moderate shoot out that gave Fitzgerald fantasy fans a good day. They won't be big players in the post season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":21c9wwjm said:

"For the past couple years the Cards have jumped out, looked great..........until Palmer gets hurt, then they slowly sink into oblivion."

The point is don't get too excited about a 2-0 start against arguably the worst two teams in the NFC, because the most recent iteration of the Cardinals under Palmer is he's going to miss games and then the team implodes.

I still see a team with a talented defense, but an offense that's going to have a hard time running the ball when it counts in November and December when Palmer needs to not throw it 50 times a game.

ringless

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":2d9i9nbh said:
What ever 'legit' means...they played a weak Bears team and had a moderate shoot out that gave Fitzgerald fantasy fans a good day. They won't be big players in the post season.

Great first post. They played on the road at a 10AM start, which on its own is still difficult. I think they are the 2nd best team in the division. But you are giving absolutely zero credit when some is due. Good teams win the games they are suppose to win.

The Cardinals have the largest point differential in the league. The offense has looked good. The defense however has taken a step back.

Palmer has the longest winning streak in the NFL.
He is 15-2 in his last 17 games. Over that span: 64.5 comp %, 4651 yds, 34 TD, 13 INT, 99.0 passer rating.

Again, we may not be in the best team in the division, but we certainly aren't the worst team in the division. We are winning the games we are suppose to win.

In regards to the running game, We are certainly the deepest we have ever been at the RB position with the Johnsons and Ellington. The rookie RB Johnson has 3 Td's already, on 5 Carries, 1 reception and a KO return. About half of his touches.
8.4 YPC

Ellington is averaging 5.8YPC. Sure they are against not great defenses but our O-line is much improved. They've allowed Zero sacks in two games which is hard no matter who you are playing. It's clear we have the best O-line we have had in awhile which gives us a much better chance to be running the ball, and not being forced to pass it as much.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Most teams in the NFL would be 2-0 with that schedule. They've played two of the worst teams in the league so far. Get back to me in December.

canfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xdmmyez said:
ClutchDJ":1xdmmyez said:

The point is don't get too excited about a 2-0 start against arguably the worst two teams in the NFC, because the most recent iteration of the Cardinals under Palmer is he's going to miss games and then the team implodes.

I still see a team with a talented defense, but an offense that's going to have a hard time running the ball when it counts in November and December when Palmer needs to not throw it 50 times a game.

To me, its not just Palmer's injury history, its Bruce Arian's preference for the deep passing game. He draws up a hell of a plan for the offense, but his QBs tend to get hit a lot when the oline isn't exceptional. I have always liked Carson a lot, but I also have doubts about his ability to last 16 games within that system. Hope I'm wrong, because I want to see us play the complete Arizona team this year. We either get beat by a Palmer led team, or we can at least enjoy a season where we don't have to listen to "you only beat us because our QB was hurt". Not saying that I see that from the Card fans on here, but I sure hear it a lot in other places.

ringless

Reaction score
canfan":2ysapwdx said:
Sgt. Largent":2ysapwdx said:
ClutchDJ":2ysapwdx said:

To me, its not just Palmer's injury history, its Bruce Arian's preference for the deep passing game. He draws up a hell of a plan for the offense, but his QBs tend to get hit a lot when the oline isn't exceptional. I have always liked Carson a lot, but I also have doubts about his ability to last 16 games within that system. Hope I'm wrong, because I want to see us play the complete Arizona team this year. We either get beat by a Palmer led team, or we can at least enjoy a season where we don't have to listen to "you only beat us because our QB was hurt". Not saying that I see that from the Card fans on here, but I sure hear it a lot in other places.

Right now, and for the rest of the season the offense is going to be this teams strengths. IMO the defense looks like a very average defense this year. We just don't have the playmakers in the front 7 to generate pressure. Especially at the ILB spot and NT. Most of our sacks will be coverage sacks this year that we manage to get. We most likely have the 3rd worst defense in the division right now, and overall would be the 2nd best team in the division.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Even though the Niners and Hawks have either taken a step back or are starting slow, I think this division is tougher than ever. So much talent.

David Johnson is going to be amazing once he figures it all out and the coaches trust him. Many he's quick and versatile for a big guy.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I think we are in for a race all the way through week 17 in terms of who wins the Division. The runner up should get a wildcard

rideaducati

Reaction score
canfan":11hrvm9r said:
Sgt. Largent":11hrvm9r said:
ClutchDJ":11hrvm9r said:

Enough of this "we would have won the division if our QB didn't get hurt" garbage.

How many games did the Cards win last season because their opponent was playing their backup QB? The cards got to play against backup QBs six times in a row beginning in week six. Cousins, rookie Carr, Sanchez, Weeden, Davis, and Stanton. They had Palmer for four of those six games. That team has no right to claim that they would have won if they had their starting QB playing without mentioning the games they might have lost if the opponent's QB HAD played. The cards were a fluke last year and will finish this season within one game of
8-8 right along with the rams.

The Seahawks will win the division by at least two games.

Latest posts