Cardinals @ 9ers

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SF49r":2hi6o54d said:
Definitely felt like a fluke loss, also 2 hand touches on sliding QBs is now flagged so keep that in mind defensive players

On the flip side, blows to the head of the QB are apparently now okay.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Barakas":3q180ens said:
lol, love watching the 49ers defensive (err...coordinator) looking so sullen on the sideline.

They underestimated the impact of DeFo. Bosa isn't near as good without the big guy taking double teams all day.

Marvin49

Reaction score
So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

Niners lost a game they should have won. I don’t want to make excuses, so the below aren’t that. They are the reasons they lost the game. They can’t happen. Niners fault.

- Blocked punt gave cards ball at the 10 when it was 10-0.

- Should have kicked field goal on 4th and 1. That’s on Shanahan.

- 49ers were down both Aiyuk and Samuel and it showed. That’s no excuse as you have to play with the guys you have, but pretty clear they desperately need those guys to play. Ritchie James was hurt so for about half the game all they had at WR was Bourne, Pettis, and Taylor. None of those guys could get open for most of game.

- Issues at WR meant multi TE formations and their #1 TE was hobbled. This condensed the field, and with hobbled Kittle getting doubled, there was just nothing there.

- On the occasions there was something there, Jimmy either got pressured and couldn’t take advantage, or flat missed the throw (Bourne at the end being worst example). Was not all Jimmys fault, but he certainly played a part missing some guys high when they finally did get open.

Most noteworthy tho is their inability to stop Kyler. Combination of tempo, Kyler scrambling, and Hopkins is gonna make them a tough out. They have slot more speed at LB now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3vnm40if said:
So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

Niners lost a game they should have won. I don’t want to make excuses, so the below aren’t that. They are the reasons they lost the game. They can’t happen. Niners fault.

- 49ers were down both Aiyuk and Samuel and it showed. That’s no excuse as you have to play with the guys you have, but pretty clear they desperately need those guys to play. Ritchie James was hurt so for about half the game all they had at WR was Bourne, Pettis, and Taylor. None of those guys could get open for most of game.

- Issues at WR meant multi TE formations and their #1 TE was hobbled. This condensed the field, and with hobbled Kittle getting doubled, there was just nothing there.

- On the occasions there was something there, Jimmy either got pressured and couldn’t take advantage, or flat missed the throw (Bourne at the end being worst example). Was not all Jimmys fault, but he certainly played a part missing some guys high when they finally did get open.

Most noteworthy tho is their inability to stop Kyler. Combination of tempo, Kyler scrambling, and Hopkins is gonna make them a tough out. They have slot more speed at LB now.
What happened to Kittle? ESPN said nothing about it in the game recap, unless I missed it.
Divisional games against the Cards are going to be tough for anyone, I know they’ve been for Seattle in the recent past.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1r1gwgut said:
Marvin49":1r1gwgut said:
So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

What happened to Kittle? ESPN said nothing about it in the game recap, unless I missed it.
Divisional games against the Cards are going to be tough for anyone, I know they’ve been for Seattle in the recent past.

Looked like he hyperextended his knee, came back in but was obviously hobbled. My guess is they'll be an MRI tomorrow. If nothing serious they probably bench him for the next game or two.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":osmso7vg said:
So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

Blasphemy, but the KM TD had sheer signs of Russ '13 in it. KM doesn't have the arm but , weis scrambling skills are epic.

It's hard to predict against a team that we all knew was coming. They do things neither the Hawks or 9ers do, they are all about speed and all about, well, the chaos factor.

And as I sit here watching snf, well the rams aren't imploding either.

It's early, but even so, i'd say the whole season is a tossup based on what i've seen.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, but based on how we did today, the Rams fly sweeps don't scare me as much as last season.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":8t1jv9yb said:
Marvin49":8t1jv9yb said:
So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

Looks like he hyper extended the knee. He said after the game he’s fine, but wasn’t the same. He was also constantly doubled and no WR, TE or Garoppolo could make them pay for it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
sutz":2l5ki4f6 said:
Yeah, but based on how we did today, the Rams fly sweeps don't scare me as much as last season.

Those would have been nice today. Lol.

With no Samuel, Aiyuk, or even Hurd who ran them a ton in camp last year, they really didn’t even have a threat to do that.

They even ran Kittle on one.

Jamal Adams BTW looked like a monster today.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2zoebx4v said:
Marvin49":2zoebx4v said:
So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

Blasphemy, but the KM TD had sheer signs of Russ '13 in it. KM doesn't have the arm but , weis scrambling skills are epic.

It's hard to predict against a team that we all knew was coming. They do things neither the Hawks or 9ers do, they are all about speed and all about, well, the chaos factor.

And as I sit here watching snf, well the rams aren't imploding either.

It's early, but even so, i'd say the whole season is a tossup based on what i've seen.

I thought Hawks looked really good today, Russ and Adams in particular. 49ers has same trouble with Kyler last year. Dunno if that’s just a bad matchup or if something more serious is wrong with SF D. Too early.

No idea what to make if the Rams.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":dins7j4j said:
sutz":dins7j4j said:

Those would have been nice today. Lol.

With no Samuel, Aiyuk, or even Hurd who ran them a ton in camp last year, they really didn’t even have a threat to do that.

They even ran Kittle on one.

Jamal Adams BTW looked like a monster today.

JA was all over the field. So far seems to be worth the money

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The NFCW is a two horse race this year. We have got to get at least a split with the Cards.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigskydoc":s66r10z8 said:
The NFCW is a two horse race this year. We have got to get at least a split with the Cards.

Dunno about that.

1) Niners will get some guys back.

2) ...and this one is the bigger point, I really dunno just how good the Cards are. Niners just seem to have problems with them regardless of record. Bad matchup.

WAY too much season ahead to be to sure if anything. Niners could have easily been up 17-0 instead of 10-7. Different game at that point.

That’s not to say the Cards won’t contend. I’m just sayin week one assumptions tend to dissipate in week 2.

SF49r

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3mpsn3yf said:
SF49r":3mpsn3yf said:
Definitely felt like a fluke loss, also 2 hand touches on sliding QBs is now flagged so keep that in mind defensive players

On the flip side, blows to the head of the QB are apparently now okay.
Guess it depends on the ref's plan

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":970hv5o4 said:
bigskydoc":970hv5o4 said:

Dunno about that.

1) Niners will get some guys back.

2) ...and this one is the bigger point, I really dunno just how good the Cards are. Niners just seem to have problems with them regardless of record. Bad matchup.

WAY too much season ahead to be to sure if anything. Niners could have easily been up 17-0 instead of 10-7. Different game at that point.

That’s not to say the Cards won’t contend. I’m just sayin week one assumptions tend to dissipate in week 2.

Too early to say of course but the Hawks dominated today in that W with the last ATL touchdown being absolutely in garbage time.

And to be fair, I really thought the 9ers would dominate--I thought so because you'd gotten most of your pieces back and yeah, I thought the draft acquistions almost brilliant. Whereas, frankly, i thought collier had every sign of being a Thomas and was like eh on the rest of that D. IOW i thought the niners were in a better place, privately, to start the season.

Way I see it is you guys went to sb so you're doing the same game plan, fg on 4th, jimmy making dumb mistakes, and all of that 2019 jazz.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Marvin49":2eoreoa1 said:
bigskydoc":2eoreoa1 said:

Dunno about that...

Nah, more of a holdover, and 1st week confirmation, from my thoughts of where the West is headed. I'm a believer in Murray, Klingsbury, and what they are building in Zona. Along with the fact that the Niners got extremely lucky with injuries last year, they got the breaks to go their way in single score games, and Jimmy G outplayed his talent level by a large margin last year. Teams revert to their mean, and I think the Niners mean leaves them in 3rd place in the West.

The Cards and Hawks will duke it out for the Championship this year, and the Rams will be wondering why they can't recreate the magic.

And, for the record, I think Jimmy G is better than many here give him credit for, but last year was an aberration for him. He isnt as good as he played last year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":17aemuxv said:
Sports Hernia":17aemuxv said:
Marvin49":17aemuxv said:
So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

Looked like he hyperextended his knee, came back in but was obviously hobbled. My guess is they'll be an MRI tomorrow. If nothing serious they probably bench him for the next game or two.
That sucks. I hate injuries even to rival teams.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3tpatgcq said:
Washington49er":3tpatgcq said:
Sports Hernia":3tpatgcq said:
Marvin49":3tpatgcq said:
So yeah, that sucked.

Gratz to the Cards.

That sucks. I hate injuries even to rival teams.

First time I tore my ACL was in the same fashion, cringe every time I see it.

Side note Jamal Adams was impressive today.

Latest posts