Cap

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I think we had or have around 16 milly free (not sure if this includes 7 milly for baker - probably not)

Still gives us some cash for emergencies (injuries, tweets that get someone kicked out of the building, shits and giggles) and rookie signings I would imagine

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
OTC.com has us at just shy of $18M, but that doesn't include Baker, Dodson, Nick Harris and George Fant.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Undoubtedly, with only 52 players actually under contract.

There is going to need to be significant creativity to fill the many other needs the roster prently reveals.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Undoubtedly, with only 52 players actually under contract.
OTC.com has us at 62 players under contract... and add Artie Burns to list that I posted above as to whose salary needs to be accounted for in our most up to date cap number.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
So just like me were pretty much broke , well got enough to pay the bills n buy some groceries , maybe take the wife out an eat , n well , can't we just get another credit card and start buying more stuff lol
If only ,
Interest is a KILLER , kids , DON"T try this at home

kidhawk

Reaction score
OTC.com has us at 62 players under contract... and add Artie Burns to list that I posted above as to whose salary needs to be accounted for in our most up to date cap number.
And I believe only the top 51 count right now so basically every new signing after 51 you need to subtract that lowest contract when you add one.

For example if our 51st guy is at $1 million (for simplicity) and we sign someone for $5 million, the million drops off and you add 5 million netting you $4 million in cap used.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Dont they need 10ish for rooks and contingency?

bileever

Reaction score
It would be entertaining it there were more real and immediate consequences from being over the salary cap. Like if the Saints, who are perennially over the cap, weren't able to field a practice squad the last five years because they were over the cap, lol.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
It would be entertaining it there were more real and immediate consequences from being over the salary cap. Like if the Saints, who are perennially over the cap, weren't able to field a practice squad the last five years because they were over the cap, lol.
Or you were able to sign their players. 🤣🤔

jammerhawk

Reaction score

Actually although OTC says the team has 61 players under contract the contracts for 5 players which would bring the total to 62 are not factored in to the OTC totals (see the bottom of the OTC page which doesn't account for 4 contracts and the newest ILB either. Interesting though while the ERFAs are tendered their contracts are not signed so they'd be treated like tendered RFAs.

My numbers above were wrong.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Rookies- $10 million
pracrice squad - $5 million
OTC.com is allowing $3.37M for the Hawks to sign their rookies based on the team's draft picks, both the total number and their positions.

The $3.37M is the difference between Cap Space and Effective Cap Space.