Canales leaving for Tampa

massari

Reaction score
Wonder if Geno will follow him......

Tampa has a top 5 OL, top 10 defense, Evans/Godwin. Another RB and TE, they can win with Geno.

Geno was also born and raised in Florida

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
$35 mil in cap space to write off for Tom Brady. That mortgage has come due for the Buccaneers. That's $10 mil more than the Russell Wilson dead cap payoff in 2022.

Are Evan/Godwin worth $20.8% of the Buccaneer's cap? Plus a lot of future void years on the books for both those receivers.

Canales was the 1 coach I didn’t want to lose

Congratulations are in order for Dave Canales. Patience pays off.

Seahawks will be fine. The ageless Carl Smith is still very active. And Sanjay Lal will continue as their Offensive Passing Game Coordinator and Wide Receivers Coach. The front office has known of the eventuality of this opportunity for Canales.

massari

Reaction score
$35 mil in cap space to write off for Tom Brady. That mortgage has come due for the Buccaneers. That's $10 mil more than the Russell Wilson dead cap payoff in 2022.

Are Evan/Godwin worth $20.8% of the Buccaneer's cap? Plus a lot of future void years on the books for both those receivers.

Congratulations are in order for Dave Canales. Patience pays off.

Seahawks will be fine. The ageless Carl Smith is still very active. And Sanjay Lal will continue as their Offensive Passing Game Coordinator and Wide Receivers Coach. The front office has known of the eventuality of this opportunity for Canales.

Rat

Reaction score
It might very slightly increase the chances of Geno moving on, because you always want to work with people you're comfortable with, but I still think he ends up staying here. Honestly, I'm on the fence about Geno anyway, so I'm not going to be throwing chairs in my living room if he leaves.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Good for Canales. It feels like it's been a while since a Seattle assistant has left for a significant promotion elsewhere in the NFL. I could be wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And one thing about Pete is that he not only has no problem with his guys moving on to another situation, he will welcome it.

Jville

Reaction score

Latest posts