Can Christian Haynes excel at LG?

toffee

Reaction score
Our new OG played exclusively RG at UConn, would he be as effective moving to LG? What do you think?

Snaps by Alignment​

LT000
LG000
C000
RG802807814
RT000

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Haynes can compete at RG….good chance he is the starter.

Let Laumea learn for a year behind Tomlinson, then take over LG in 2025.
He played mostly RT in college

Snaps by Alignment​

LT400
LG100
C000
RG019903
RT7989280

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
He can be play LG. C too. Jim Mora said so on KJR. Pretty cool fact is Hugh Millen's son, Cale, was his roommate at UConn.

Scout

Reaction score
I don't like when players are moved around. I know coaches say they want to play their best five but sometimes your best five combination involves keeping your players at their best spot. Only should move players around due to injuries.

I would pencil in Haynes to compete with Bradford at RG and let Tomlinson hold down LG for a year. Ideally you would want Bradford and Haynes starting but that is too much given that Olu will be manning center. Need at least a vet on the line to help out the young guys.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I don't like when players are moved around. I know coaches say they want to play their best five but sometimes your best five combination involves keeping your players at their best spot. Only should move players around due to injuries.

I would pencil in Haynes to compete with Bradford at RG and let Tomlinson hold down LG for a year. Ideally you would want Bradford and Haynes starting but that is too much given that Olu will be manning center. Need at least a vet on the line to help out the young guys.
Neither do I, therefore i am curious on the LG situation.

Scout

Reaction score
It all hinges on what Tomlinson has left in the tank. If Tomlinson is spent then the coaches will resort to shuffling round Haynes and Bradford and seeing which combo works while Olu takes up center. Nick Harris is not really an option as I am presuming he is purely the back up center for now.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It all hinges on what Tomlinson has left in the tank. If Tomlinson is spent then the coaches will resort to shuffling round Haynes and Bradford and seeing which combo works while Olu takes up center. Nick Harris is not really an option as I am presuming he is purely the back up center for now.
Let him play his natural position. Adjusting to NFL is tough enoug without asking a rookie to change positions. Tomlinson still can play about as well as Bradford. They graded out the same last year.

Scout

Reaction score
You know that Laumea has to be in the mix to start at guard too because his talent is undeniable. Let the competition begin!

Frozenropers

Reaction score
He played mostly RT in college

Snaps by Alignment​

LT400
LG100
C000
RG019903
RT7989280
Everyone is projecting him at guard…not tackle. That is not unusual for players that played tackle in college but don’t have the athletic ability to stay at tackle in the NFL. Laumea is projected at guard in the NFL. Given his ability no reason to not think he could compete or learn LG.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Pete moved Damien Lewis from RG to LG, it took a lot of time to make the transaction, and not an overwhelming success either.
He wasn't that much worse at LG compared to RG or even the same, it's just thought he was pretty good for a Rookie. the fact is he just never improved and is just very average imo. The move is just considered a reason as an excuse why he isn't good imo.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
May the best 5 win and give us a decent line finally. Tired of watching turnstiles in the passing game and the run game stall and sputter. If we can just put together at least a top 15 line, our skill positions are undeniable.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
As is, we have two young guards with RG experience from college, Christian Haynes and Anthony Bradford. An old LG on a one-year contract, Laken Tomlinson. For position value, LG is more than RG and costlier to sign.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
May the best 5 win and give us a decent line finally. Tired of watching turnstiles in the passing game and the run game stall and sputter. If we can just put together at least a top 15 line, our skill positions are undeniable.

Seen some people that think Haynes best fit could be as an OC, and I’m with you thinking like Huff, he basically plays his best 5 and then incorporates a blocking scheme that fits their strengths.

Cross3, Forsythe4
Tomlinson10, Bradford2
Haynes1, Olu Olu2 and/or Harris5 (PS)
Lucas3, Laumea1
Fant8, O’Neal2(PS), Jerrell1(PS)

Doesn’t look too bad on paper.

Tomlison is obviously is the key here as he has to return to his 49ers form.

Bradford collegiately practiced on the left side and has played LT at times in games. Makes me feel that he would be the most adept moving to the left. I know peeps think Bradford sucks but he was developmental pick that was raw coming in. He might be 1-2 years away but still his athleticism and size is too good.

Haynes, they say he’s really smart with a lot of experience that resulted in a high football IQ.

Lucas imo is the best OL we have, I’m not sure but it feels like a move to OG might benefit his knee not having to defend on an island.

Fant is the 2nd key, if he showing quality it’s hard to leave him as just a depth piece.

Just in Case bc injuries are a thing:

Lucas, Forsythe, Laumea can play RT.

Bradford, Haynes can move to RG

Fant can move to LT

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
He can be play LG. C too. Jim Mora said so on KJR. Pretty cool fact is Hugh Millen's son, Cale, was his roommate at UConn.
And the last time the team trusted Jim Mora, what happened? The facts are:

1. ALL right guards can play left guard, but few right guards can play left guards well. Just like a right-handed person can write with the left hand, just not as well.
2. LG are more costly to sign than RG,