Cam Newton Injured in Car Accident

pmedic920

Reaction score
Now being reported that he has two minor fractures in his back.

@ Transverse process

a337cbfd06362ca56d3f5652f6dd435a.jpg

Should not be a huge deal, but may keep him out awhile.
05f995e47982595ceb324a6f708a3e59.jpg

SonicHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":8amefdxe said:
Seriously, I am glad everyone will survive and apparently heal in time.

I have really bad news to break to you.

~200 people are going to die today in car accidents in the United States. soooo, no, not everyone is going to survive and heal in time.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3oelvpzv said:
hawksfansinceday1":3oelvpzv said:
Seriously, I am glad everyone will survive and apparently heal in time.

I have really bad news to break to you.

~200 people are going to die today in car accidents in the United States. soooo, no, not everyone is going to survive and heal in time.
Sigh
:34853_doh:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Not making light of Cam's situation, I wish him a speedy recovery, but does it not alarm anyone that the guy actually drives? He passed both the written and road test? That just seems so unlikely to me. Like getting hit twice by lightning.

pehawk

Reaction score
Watching his press conference from yesterday right now, how and why is he such a hated figure? I never got it. Yeah, the Superman gimmick gets old, but the contempt seems to run deeper than that.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":2ji2op1x said:
Watching his press conference from yesterday right now, how and why is he such a hated figure? I never got it. Yeah, the Superman gimmick gets old, but the contempt seems to run deeper than that.

Always wondered the same thing myself, he's never really done anything to provoke the hatred. I like Cam a lot though, when he's on he's as good as they come, just needs to find that consistency.

pehawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1pnvih5y said:
pehawk":1pnvih5y said:

Always wondered the same thing myself, he's never really done anything to provoke the hatred. I like Cam a lot though, when he's on he's as good as they come, just needs to find that consistency.

Well, we know why. Farve did similar goofy antics on the field and he's a "character".

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":3tcaz0gt said:
Throwdown":3tcaz0gt said:
pehawk":3tcaz0gt said:

Well, we know why. Farve did similar goofy antics on the field and he's a "character".

"he's just having fun out there"

Cam goes out there arms out making plane noises he's "cocky, full of himself, not a true leader"

I see where you're going here, and i agree.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
But is he a true leader? I would say that the team has quit on him to a degree. It has also happened in Cleveland with Hoyer, and may happen soon in Miami with Tannehill. If you get a chance, or have already watched them, look at some of the routes that Gordon and others ran the last few games with Hoyer under center. They flat out gave up and were not where they were supposed to be when Hoyer threw the ball. I feel the same thing is happening with Cam.

As far as the other things said about Cam, meh, don't understand people's reasoning on them.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1yq89n2q said:
But is he a true leader? I would say that the team has quit on him to a degree. It has also happened in Cleveland with Hoyer, and may happen soon in Miami with Tannehill. If you get a chance, or have already watched them, look at some of the routes that Gordon and others ran the last few games with Hoyer under center. They flat out gave up and were not where they were supposed to be when Hoyer threw the ball. I feel the same thing is happening with Cam.

As far as the other things said about Cam, meh, don't understand people's reasoning on them.

41-10 doesn't seem like quitting.

Carolina's cap was badly mismanaged by their previous GM, and they essentially went into this season with an injury prone backfield and barely NFL-level scrub type players all along their O-line and in their WR corps. Only 2 of their O-lineman returned from last year, and one of them moved from RT to LT. 0 of their 2014 WRs were with the team in 2013. And they found a way to make a suspect secondary that was the main weak link in an otherwise strong defense WORSE.

The only reason Carolina hasn't fallen further than they have is due to Newton.