Bruce Irvin PT2

Chawks1

Reaction score
He played very well last night, and had 2 sacks a week ago. He is very consistent at what his role is. He will justifybly get a nice contract from someone next year.

idahohawk

Reaction score
leto69":1er2qn1u said:
Continues to play it safe saving his body for his off season contract with Atlanta. This week he was tied in tackles with Chris Mathews and BJ Daniels with 1 Tackle! By the way both players are WR incase you didn't realize it.

Its time to BENCH the Bruce.

tumblr_muh1tzTMTj1rdh9azo8_400.gif

marko358

Reaction score
My goodness, after watching a completely dominating defensive performance from everyone on that side of the ball, and people come up with this crap?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
marko358":35wcy87v said:
My goodness, after watching a completely dominating defensive performance from everyone on that side of the ball, and people come up with this crap?

Beware the troll.

sutz

Reaction score
marko358":3v3q9id7 said:
Never underestimate the ability of a Seahawks fan to find the fly turd in the pepper mill. :laugh:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bruce has 3.5 sacks which is the same amount that Cliff Avril has. Cliff has 26 total tackles and Irvin has 24. So the numbers seem quite even. Cliff's making $8M this year, Bruce is making about $2.9M. No one is complaining about Cliff's play.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks/year/2015/seasontype/2

Avril's contract details - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cliff-avril/

Irvin's contract details - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/bruce-irvin/

Rocket

Reaction score
The reliance and focus of the young pups on the whole stat thing make me wonder if they actually watch the games. I don't mean glance at the screen while posting, twunting, etc... I mean screaming your ass off in the stadium or sitting on the couch or chair with one hand in a bowl of chips cursing at the Tee Vee...
FOCUSED FANDOM.

Like I said before... find a book called "Lying with Statistics". Read it. Read it hard. Read it long.
Fantasy football is a fantasy, hence the name. Madden (the game, not the guy) is not real.

Thanks for the fly and the turd comment, Steve... :th2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
Rocket":qk78gd1p said:
The reliance and focus of the young pups on the whole stat thing make me wonder if they actually watch the games. I don't mean glance at the screen while posting, twunting, etc... I mean screaming your ass off in the stadium or sitting on the couch or chair with one hand in a bowl of chips cursing at the Tee Vee...
FOCUSED FANDOM.

Like I said before... find a book called "Lying with Statistics". Read it. Read it hard. Read it long.
Fantasy football is a fantasy, hence the name. Madden (the game, not the guy) is not real.

Thanks for the fly and the turd comment, Steve... :th2thumbs:
Happy to oblige. I agree Fantasy Football has ruined many fans, and much of the punditry, too.Why the NFL allows it to advertise during their games is beyond me. It's like if Baseball had appointed Pete Rose commissioner.

:stirthepot:

Rob12

Reaction score
Optimus25":3j74ujoy said:
Damn. This board is descending into the pit of hell.

Literally over half the time i can't tell if people are serious.

Never mind his coverage, pressures, or containment, right?

It is really quite pathetic. And I cringe thinking that at times, I've helped send this board there.

But the truth is we're finishing 11-5 or 10-6 at worst, and Bruce will play a big part down the stretch.

Why would he be trying to save his body, anyway? Dude is trying to get paid. He'd be the first athlete ever to dial it in on purpose in a contract year.

This post is all kinds of terrible, leto. Learn to see the game beyond the box score and stats.

Rob12

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3sdsdz1l said:
Meh, he goes a bit far when he says to bench him, and tackle stats are irrelevant, but I've seen worse posts. Bruce is solid, but I'm wondering whether he'll ever reach his true potential. I thought he was as boom or bust as you could get, I was wrong.

I think he is what he is. It's not like he's a young man, relatively speaking in terms of football years. He is a good player. He'll never be truly great, but what he brings to this team is absolutely valuable. And what he does doesn't always show up in the box score.

I'm glad we have Bruce.

peppersjap

Reaction score
What an idiotic thread a game after he had 2 sacks! I don't believe players generally take a break in a contract year. He will get paid. I'm sorry we will lose him but he is a casualty of success.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I opened this thread genuinely thinking the OP would say how good he has been and how we will miss him next year. Just shows you how different people can see the same game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1fyxa35l said:
I opened this thread genuinely thinking the OP would say how good he has been and how we will miss him next year. Just shows you how different people can see the same game.

....and this was 'PT2' of his rant. I swear there is a certain percentage of members that you never see on the board until their bowels are acting up.

Throwdown

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":12fgxn69 said:
UK_Seahawk":12fgxn69 said:

....and this was 'PT2' of his rant. I swear there is a certain percentage of members that you never see on the board until their bowels are acting up.

Lol part 2 like we were requesting a sequel to his wonderful insight.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":nmoykh7o said:
UK_Seahawk":nmoykh7o said:

Or they're a troll...hint, hint. Check out his past posts and see how many are positive v negative. How come after almost 5 years here do a good percentage of his posts come after Sept 11, '15? Where's he been during the last two years when we were so dominate? Duh!

Don't feed the trolls!!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I agree the OP has a bit of an over reaction but Bruce isn't profiled as much as Avril and Bennett. Irvin's stats are similar to Avril but Avril has 12 hurries, which is great. Irvin has 7 which is really good. It's a stat that is not that advertised and he's not as flashy as Avril and Bennett (10 hurries). Haven't really heard any rebuttals here to why the OP is wrong except for the Panthers game. I think Irvin is a good football player but I don't think he deserves this undying loyalty some have for him.

I'd rather read a crappy post and dispute them than read some of the vitriol some put up here. The mob mantality is ridiculously and is done in the guise of how the .net has hit some kind of rock bottom for posts. I have a hard time believing some of the nastiness here would be said in real life (yes that should be the test).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bruce is playing well.

Disagree with OP, think the team will genuinely try to keep him this off season.