Browns, Oct. 13th

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
After watching the Browns get "smashed" by the Niners tonight, I'm sure that the TV producers do not want
another slaughter on nationwide TV.

Eamon696

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":29xbead4 said:
After watching the Browns get "smashed" by the Niners tonight, I'm sure that the TV producers do not want
another slaughter on nationwide TV.
Are we sure it's gonna be a slaughter? I feel like these are the sorts of games we lose close. Coming off an emotional win against a team that had a bad performance, and going on the road.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a home game for Cleveland, and a team that's pretty angry at this point. They are gonna' be desperate for a win, I can't see this being anything but a good battle back and forth. Especially w/our secondary and who the hell is gonna' cover those 2 receivers? Niners have proven nothing other than they can beat average or crap teams. And that game was at home last night. Meh, Hawks by 7.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
The words, “trap game” popped into my head.

But, I hope the team learned it’s less not to underestimate their opponents based on player loss (Brees) or in this case, a blow out loss.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The good news is the Browns may be imploding before our very eyes.................the bad news is the Niners look like they're for real.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe for real, still need to beat some actual good teams. But 4-0 is a huge surprise really. But I'll let other people be scared of them. Meh, I'm just not going to crown them yet, still a LOT of football to be played. Rams are gonna' knock them in the teeth imo. But then, of course......they get the Redskins the following week :roll:
Their D does look legit though.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm not sure how this can be viewed as a trap game when the Seahawks are favored by 1 point. It's essentially viewed as a toss up and if we lose it doesn't mean we overlooked the opponent.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
truehawksfan":pat7gn9a said:

But, I hope the team learned it’s less not to underestimate their opponents based on player loss (Brees) or in this case, a blow out loss.

People keep throwing that "trap game" term out for any weak opponent where you can lay an egg and lose to (which is like any NFL team but Miami right now).

A "trap" game is technically a game against an inferior opponent played before a game against an important rival. In that setting the team can be lulled or "trapped" into looking past the weaker opponent and come out flat and lose.

We play the Ravens after the Browns and apart from some minor Earl drama, the Ravens are not a big important rival. So this Brown game really can't be considered a trap game. Just another Seahawk game where are game plan will suck, it will be tight into the 4th quarter and either Russell will pull off the victory for us or Mayfield will expose our defense for the frauds they are.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3n3z9jpp said:
truehawksfan":3n3z9jpp said:

People keep throwing that "trap game" term out for any weak opponent where you can lay an egg and lose to (which is like any NFL team but Miami right now).

A "trap" game is technically a game against an inferior opponent played before a game against an important rival. In that setting the team can be lulled or "trapped" into looking past the weaker opponent and come out flat and lose.

We play the Ravens after the Browns and apart from some minor Earl drama, the Ravens are not a big important rival. So this Brown game really can't be considered a trap game. Just another Seahawk game where are game plan will suck, it will be tight into the 4th quarter and either Russell will pull off the victory for us or Mayfield will expose our defense for the frauds they are.

Plus it was on MNF, no game no matter how inferior the opponent is perceived to be should be called a "trap game" when it's on prime time.

This wasn't a trap game. The Niners were 3-0, the game was on MNF and the Browns were 2-2 desperately needing a win to hang with the Ravens in their own division.

IMO people are just making excuses for how good the Niners looked..........and they looked good. Really good. But we'll see how good they look on Sunday against a Rams team that's going to come out with their hair on fire.

94Smith

Reaction score
If they weren't flexing the Rams vs niners game, they would not flex the Seahawks game. The Browns already have 5 primetime games I think? Offseason champions. Like us last year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
94Smith":8mk4hthg said:
If they weren't flexing the Rams vs niners game, they would not flex the Seahawks game. The Browns already have 5 primetime games I think? Offseason champions. Like us last year.

I thought they couldn't flex games until later in the season?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Only TWO games max can be flexed on Sunday's between weeks 5 and 10. There was some talk about the Hawks/Browns game getting flexed.

xray

Reaction score
It's early ; but the stats don't lie. 49ers...4-0...PF-127...PA-57...Hawks...4-1...PF-133...PA-118 . Regardless of who they've played ; SF is winning convincingly on both sides if the ball .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even thought this isn't a 49ers worship thread......….4-0 is a solid start. But, when they beat a real good team I'll be impressed. You go ahead and crown them if you like.

As far as the Hawks go, weak argument using Points for and against. The Hawks don't play a style that blows out teams. They have never been that type of team under Pete, even if we know they COULD blow teams out.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Should we win the next four games, you can be sure that the first Niners game will have every sportscaster fired up!!

HawkStrong

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":15nhvxon said:
Only TWO games max can be flexed on Sunday's between weeks 5 and 10. There was some talk about the Hawks/Browns game getting flexed.

Where but here?

sutz

Reaction score
HawkStrong":bt0tnswi said:
SoulfishHawk":bt0tnswi said:

Where but here?
I can't recall reading anything about flexing any game anywhere but here. :229031_shrug:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just talk from media types a week or so back that the game COULD get flexed. I never thought it would. Fade had mentioned something about it a week or so ago as well.
I'm surprised the Lambs/Santa Clara game isn't being flexed.