Browner's year long suspension off the table?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":35bi9kwz said:
The league is usually very vocal and pretty swift to lay the lumber on fines and suspensions and then making it public. The fact that this has been going on a few weeks now and the league is so quiet screams of trying to save face without opening a can of worms that other players can use now and in the future. It also screams that Browner has a case and isn't going to be compromised as to have the league look better.
Yep. Been my feeling for several days now. They're at an impasse. Wonder if it'll end up in court. Rog and his cronies are very used to getting their may and not having to compromise.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hope this gets resolved soon it would be nice to know where we stand with BB.

irocdave

Reaction score
I see this dragging out to the off season. It's in the NFL's best interest to let this drop out of the medias vision. It's a no win for the NFL, if this goes to court and Browner wins what happens to players at the end of their contracts? They would not be able to continue testing them as the precedent will be set by a court of law that if a player is not under contract he cannot be tested. Much more at stake for the NFL with this case then just keeping Browner from playing. I wonder if Browner's ready, can he play until the final appeal / verdict?

drdiags

Reaction score
Looks like Browner is claiming false test results due to improper handling

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-abuse-suspension-will-continue-appeal-120613

One of the sources informed of Browner's turning down the league's offer also provided some insight on his appeal. In addition to arguing he shouldn't have been advanced to stage three of the NFL's substance-abuse policy because he wasn't notified of the requirements to continue drug testing while he was in the Canadian Football League (2007-10), Browner also is disputing the procedures of the test he failed this September.

Browner is claiming the urine collector used a damaged cup and then poured his urine from that cup into another one. However, the source said Browner's request to have the collector testify as part of the appeal hearings was denied, with the league's medical director stating he spoke to the collector, who disputed Browner's account.

Polaris

Reaction score
Well if the deal was a reduction of a 1 year suspension to a 9 month suspension (which would require Browner to sit out the entire off season), then no *wonder* he turned it down. That would still amount to professional suicide.

I am with some others. I think the NFL is going to drag this out into Febuary (and after the Super Owl) and hope it goes away....and if that means Browner plays, then the NFL is willing to allow that to happen.

Erebus

Reaction score
Being in the Air Force, I've had to do urinalysis duty (aka sausage watch) many times. Assuming the procedure is similar, Browner would have to inspect the cup first before accepting it. If it was broken, he either would've noticed before accepting it, or intentionally broke it himself.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
drdiags":trih6djg said:
Looks like Browner is claiming false test results due to improper handling

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-abuse-suspension-will-continue-appeal-120613

One of the sources informed of Browner's turning down the league's offer also provided some insight on his appeal. In addition to arguing he shouldn't have been advanced to stage three of the NFL's substance-abuse policy because he wasn't notified of the requirements to continue drug testing while he was in the Canadian Football League (2007-10), Browner also is disputing the procedures of the test he failed this September.

Browner is claiming the urine collector used a damaged cup and then poured his urine from that cup into another one. However, the source said Browner's request to have the collector testify as part of the appeal hearings was denied, with the league's medical director stating he spoke to the collector, who disputed Browner's account.

I doubt this allows him to win his appeal........I though that his defense was all about how he was only in stage 3 because he was in Canada and missed other tests not knowing he had to take said tests since he wasn't employed by the NFL any more.

Vandelay

Reaction score
The ol Dick Sherman! He just dug his own grave! NFL still fuming over Dick getting off. He is the NFL an Pacific Northwest "Ryan Braun". Just have to wait a year or 2 before he is popped again.

ratso

Reaction score
Vandelay":1ua5tu45 said:
The ol Dick Sherman! He just dug his own grave! NFL still fuming over Dick getting off. He is the NFL an Pacific Northwest "Ryan Braun". Just have to wait a year or 2 before he is popped again.

I always thought Ryan Braun was a POS for throwing that urine collector under the bus. Browner appears to be doing the same thing.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":bmy7j694 said:
E.C. Laloosh":bmy7j694 said:

Stupid article. He doesn't go thru the effort to show WHY Browner is fighting the suspension.

But what do you expect from a league owned website?
Both this and the broken cup story appear to be leaks from the NFL side of the issue. It's pretty sad when the league is waging a PR battle by leaking snippets of info that make it look good. A ten billion dollar business is afraid one guy can make it look incompetent, so they go on a smear campaign.

Vandelay

Reaction score
Brandon Browner is claiming Broken seal, not the NFL. He rejected the suspension length to use the same argument as Dick Sherman. It amazing, all the sample collectors who are all of a sudden so incompetent. Its almost comical. Anyway back to football, Seattle has other talented corners, move on from this cancer.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
It still just blows me away that Browner put himself in this situation again. He knew he was under the gun and would be randomly tested. What is with these idiots?

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
v1rotv2":1m1f0rho said:
It still just blows me away that Browner put himself in this situation again. He knew he was under the gun and would be randomly tested. What is with these idiots?

They like their drugs?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Him pulling the Richard Sherman excuse really hurts his chances. He wont get the year long suspension but I think he'll get some sort of suspension like 4-6 games.

Polaris

Reaction score
Vandelay":1qrro6r0 said:
Brandon Browner is claiming Broken seal, not the NFL. He rejected the suspension length to use the same argument as Dick Sherman. It amazing, all the sample collectors who are all of a sudden so incompetent. Its almost comical. Anyway back to football, Seattle has other talented corners, move on from this cancer.

No. We don't know what Browner is claiming. We have an unsubstiantied claim this is part of Browners appeal from an NFL source. It could very well be a tactic designed to discredit Browner.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Polaris":2y8ye2o1 said:
Vandelay":2y8ye2o1 said:

No. We don't know what Browner is claiming. We have an unsubstiantied claim this is part of Browners appeal from an NFL source. It could very well be a tactic designed to discredit Browner.
Say it isn't so. The NFL wouldn't do anything like that! :sarcasm_off:

Will I

Reaction score
Vandelay":vkjearok said:

Troll much?